LuisBOSS302

Anyone have issues with Sensorly not mapping on the G3?  Sprint finally kicked on the LTE in my town yesterday and I did some mapping but after I was done it said that 0 points were collected.  I have location settings set to High accuracy.

Sensorly has been working fine on my G3. I started mapping my town about a week ago when LTE started showing up. The map has been showing everywhere i have gone.

Can anyone explain this one to me. I have the roaming guards unchecked, yet every time I get in a roaming area, i get the pop up warning me. Even if I check the "don't show me this again" box, it still pops up every time? Is this something new Sprint is forcing on the phones to combat Data roaming? Or do I not have something set right?

• Like 3

Can anyone explain this one to me. I have the roaming guards unchecked, yet every time I get in a roaming area, i get the pop up warning me. Even if I check the "don't show me this again" box, it still pops up every time? Is this something new Sprint is forcing on the phones to combat Data roaming? Or do I not have something set right?

Mine does the same thing. I just give up and continue to click, don't show me again.

• Like 1

Mine does the same thing. I just give up and continue to click, don't show me again.

Bug, did this on the Galaxy S2.

• Like 1

Is this something new Sprint is forcing on the phones to combat Data roaming?

Yes, Sprint intentionally disables data roaming on the LG G3 until you manually enable it, every single time, regardless of whether you check the "don't ask again" button.

Effectively, Sprint has banned all background data roaming (since you can never use it, the minute you have roaming data service, Sprint disables all roaming data until you wake up your phone to re-enable roaming).

• Like 1

Yes, Sprint intentionally disables data roaming on the LG G3 until you manually enable it, every single time, regardless of whether you check the "don't ask again" button.

Effectively, Sprint has banned all background data roaming (since you can never use it, the minute you have roaming data service, Sprint disables all roaming data until you wake up your phone to re-enable roaming).

This is a good move. Because so many people were worried with Sprint now charging for roaming overages. I saw lots of complaints from people concerned that they may not even realize they were data roaming, especially within the Sprint coverage footprint.

If they have to enable it each time they roam, then they cannot be surprised. Though this is annoying, it is a good move for consumers in general given Sprint's new changes on exceeding plan roaming allotments. They'll be no surprise bills. Except for maybe the account holder on a family plan.

• Like 1

Has anybody seen an issue with multitasking, where when you click on the multitasking button ,you don't see the current apps that are open, and it takes a couple of clicks to see them? I'm having this issue in my G3 and have for some time now.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anybody seen an issue with multitasking, where when you click on the multitasking button ,you don't see the current apps that are open, and it takes a couple of clicks to see them? I'm having this issue in my G3 and have for some time now.

Yes mine does that too, does not bother me to much

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I think its a bug on the LG app switcher, one cool thing I stumble upon using the app switcher, you can pinch to zoom in and out of different views on the app switcher, maybe a different view point of the app switcher will help with this bug.

• Like 1

Where in the DC area are you that the service is unusable? I'm starting to see LTE all over the place. Get B41 at my home in Alexandria.

It's not so much the data but often times texts coming late and calls never coming to my phone. Wasn't a device issue and wasn't specific to my home tower.

On 8/26/2014 at 11:40 AM, jonathanm1978 said:

Is this common to see or just a fluke? I know for a fact there is no 41 here. Only 25, it's been 25 for a year now (around August 8 of 2013 when they turned on the one tower near me..still waiting on the other 3 to get it)..

The serving cell is correct for the band 25, as that's what I get on that side of town with band 25...but I know it's impossible that there was 41. Just curious why it showed up as 41?

Can anyone chime in on this? I'm curious if this is just a G3 thing, or if others have seen "fake" b41 as well.

I'm not sure what the timer is set to on the G3, but having only 1 tower -- 15 minutes away that is LTE (b25)..I don't see LTE near as often as I did with the G2. Maybe it doesn't scan as often as the G2 did, but usually when I know I'm in range, I have to cycle airplane mode to get the G3 to see LTE. Now and then it'll pick up on it's own, but I usually have to be in town for 20-30 minutes for that to occur.

Also, SCP was showing -76 eHRPD as the signal -- which is likely correct because I was ..give or take.. 3 miles LoS from the E / NE side of the tower.

Can anyone chime in on this? I'm curious if this is just a G3 thing, or if others have seen "fake" b41 as well.

I'm not sure what the timer is set to on the G3, but having only 1 tower -- 15 minutes away that is LTE (b25)..I don't see LTE near as often as I did with the G2. Maybe it doesn't scan as often as the G2 did, but usually when I know I'm in range, I have to cycle airplane mode to get the G3 to see LTE. Now and then it'll pick up on it's own, but I usually have to be in town for 20-30 minutes for that to occur.

Also, SCP was showing -76 eHRPD as the signal -- which is likely correct because I was ..give or take.. 3 miles LoS from the E / NE side of the tower.

Idle state while scanning, that's why you're seeing Band 41. It's not connected, its just the last thing it scanned for.

From my experience, the G3 scans much more frequently than the G2. Sitting then side by side the G3 almost always picked LTE up before the G2.

Sent from my Nexus 5