LuisBOSS302

How did you get to this Menu?

#1 Root

#2 install shortcut master

#3 Open shortcut master

#4 app explorer

There's close to 400 on that list. A great way to spend a little extra time. Be careful in there. I haven't changed a setting because this G3 is pretty close to perfect for my uses.

No, uninstalled Sensorly a while back. Any chance LTE Discovery app could cause it to turn on?

Sorry just saw this post...  No LTE Disocvery shouldn't cause your screen to turn on for any reason.  When out of the application or the screen is off all the foreground task turn off without the exception of those ran in the background anyways.

• Like 1

Sorry just saw this post...  No LTE Disocvery shouldn't cause your screen to turn on for any reason.  When out of the application or the screen is off all the foreground task turn off without the exception of those ran in the background anyways.

Thanks for the response. My screen randomly turns on still. Not sure what it is, but I've just learned to deal with it.

Dose it turn on when you get a text? If I remember my G2 would do that, not sure on a G3 though. Still haven't gotten me one yet...

No, i turned that off. It just randomly turns on. Charging, not charging. At the movies it was in the cup holder and turned on atleast twice without being touched.

No, i turned that off. It just randomly turns on. Charging, not charging. At the movies it was in the cup holder and turned on atleast twice without being touched.

That's odd, sounds like a app or some setting. Was a guess though, I can't think of anything that could do that.
  • Like 1

Can someone explain why there is no BSL/tower information in SCP for the G3?

It doesn't show while you're in a call.

Idle = paging channel.  In call = traffic channel.  They are not the same.

AJ

• Like 1

If anyone's curious, my LG G3 Quick Circle Folio Wireless arrived in the mail today, and I love it. It's fantastic.

It fits the device really well, supports NFC and QI wireless charging without any hacks or weirdness. It feels much better to me than the default back cover (textured plastic), and makes the phone feel very small compared to my previous, bulky cases.

I don't know why Sprint only carries the non-charging cases. This one is only $10 more expensive than the standard one.

Despite being sold exclusively at Verizon (officially anyway, as far as I can tell), the "Verizon" case is 100% compatible with the Sprint LG G3, and carries no Verizon branding or logos of any kind on the case.

• Like 3

Joined the LG G3 club on Thursday.  Picked one up at Best Buy for $100.  One of the thing's I noticed was that the micro usb charger connector seems tight or hard to get in and needs a sweet spot to get in just right.  At first I thought it might have been a minor manufacturing glitch but a friend's G3 is the same way (purchased from same store at same time).  Anyone else notice this?  Does it need a little breaking in before it fits easy?

Also does this phone tend to heat up when charging or when running navigation in the car?  Seems like it gets a little warmer a little faster than my previous LG Optimus G.

Other than that it's a great phone so far although it's too bad it wasn't a tad smaller. 

Joined the LG G3 club on Thursday.  Picked one up at Best Buy for $100.  One of the thing's I noticed was that the micro usb charger connector seems tight or hard to get in and needs a sweet spot to get in just right.  At first I thought it might have been a minor manufacturing glitch but a friend's G3 is the same way (purchased from same store at same time).  Anyone else notice this?  Does it need a little breaking in before it fits easy?

Also does this phone tend to heat up when charging or when running navigation in the car?  Seems like it gets a little warmer a little faster than my previous LG Optimus G.

Other than that it's a great phone so far although it's too bad it wasn't a tad smaller.

The charging port is tight, though it gets better. I found if you angle it down just slightly, it connects better. I haven't noticed any heating issues, all my devices heat up when using Navigation while charging, during the day.

• Like 2

I joined the G3 party a few weeks ago with an AT&T variant, then Thursday I found a Craigslist ad where this guy wanted to swap his Sprint G3 for an AT&T variant even-steven. I've had an active Sprint SIM in my Nexus 5 for a while as a backup. I decided to go all in and bit on the guy's offer so now I'm rocking a Sprint G3 as a daily driver.

Comparing the AT&T and Sprint models, I immediately noticed that Sprint's screen is brighter at equal brightness levels and it doesn't have the problems with over sharpened text that the AT&T version does.

Sprint has decent service in my area and they're testing Spark here too. I'll be buying a Galaxy Note 4 next month so if I end up hating Sprint in day to day usage, I can just put my Sprint SIM back in my Nexus 5 for a toy and go back to AT&T for a daily driver. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. So far,so good, though. [emoji106]

• Like 2

Hey is it me or does the audio jack seem quiet???

my note 2 i had to keep it at 75% or so because it would blast me out....

this one...all the way up....

plugged it into a speaker and its just quieter..... :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Hey is it me or does the audio jack seem quiet???

my note 2 i had to keep it at 75% or so because it would blast me out....

this one...all the way up....

plugged it into a speaker and its just quieter..... :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

I've noticed this as well. A few weeks back, I bought a new pair of Bose SoundTrue headphones,  cranked the volume on my G3 all the way up to test them out, and was a bit disappointed. The max volume on my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is much better.

So far, this is the only complaint I have about the G3, and for me, it's a very minor one.  :)

I've noticed this as well. A few weeks back, I bought a new pair of Bose SoundTrue headphones, cranked the volume on my G3 all the way up to test them out, and was a bit disappointed. The max volume on my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is much better.

So far, this is the only complaint I have about the G3, and for me, it's a very minor one. :)

Viper4Android

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

If anyone's curious, my LG G3 Quick Circle Folio Wireless arrived in the mail today, and I love it. It's fantastic.

It fits the device really well, supports NFC and QI wireless charging without any hacks or weirdness. It feels much better to me than the default back cover (textured plastic), and makes the phone feel very small compared to my previous, bulky cases.

I don't know why Sprint only carries the non-charging cases. This one is only $10 more expensive than the standard one.

Despite being sold exclusively at Verizon (officially anyway, as far as I can tell), the "Verizon" case is 100% compatible with the Sprint LG G3, and carries no Verizon branding or logos of any kind on the case.

The only thing that bothers me about the Quick Circle Wireless Charging Case is that it offers no protection for the edges of the screen.  This morning, my fiancee accidentally dropped her G3 w/QC case w/Qi charging off of the bed and it cracked the screen on the lower left-hand corner causing much of the digitizer to stop working.  Thank goodness for Squaretrade protection. They are sending her a replacement phone ($75 deductible), but it will take until Friday to get one as they do not have one in-stock.  She's now back on and hating her iPhone 4.  That iPhone is the biggest POS ever.

To prevent this from happening again, I'm going to get her a case that offers real protection, such as a Seidio Dilex w/Kickstand or, if she insists, an Otterbox.

The only thing that bothers me about the Quick Circle Wireless Charging Case is that it offers no protection for the edges of the screen.  This morning, my fiancee accidentally dropped her G3 w/QC case w/Qi charging off of the bed and it cracked the screen on the lower left-hand corner causing much of the digitizer to stop working.  Thank goodness for Squaretrade protection. They are sending her a replacement phone ($75 deductible), but it will take until Friday to get one as they do not have one in-stock.  She's now back on and hating her iPhone 4.  That iPhone is the biggest POS ever.

To prevent this from happening again, I'm going to get her a case that offers real protection, such as a Seidio Dilex w/Kickstand or, if she insists, an Otterbox.

you want a good case??

get a ballistic case.....cant even remember how many times i have dropped my sg3, note 2 or G3...NONE of them have got a scratch let alone cracked glass....and there have been times getting out of my truck that i was screaming like a little girl...till i picked it up and its alllll good

• Like 3

sooo, now that i am rooted.....umm where are the instructions on how to write a new prl???

I have looked around and cant find it...unless of course i missed something, as i am scan reading the gobs and gobs of pages out there...

certainly isnt as easy as a sammy....

Anyone have issues with Sensorly not mapping on the G3?  Sprint finally kicked on the LTE in my town yesterday and I did some mapping but after I was done it said that 0 points were collected.  I have location settings set to High accuracy.

Anyone have issues with Sensorly not mapping on the G3?  Sprint finally kicked on the LTE in my town yesterday and I did some mapping but after I was done it said that 0 points were collected.  I have location settings set to High accuracy.

I know with the G2 you have start it...stop. Then hit start again to get it to work. If not, all it does it collect one or 2 samples.

• Like 1