LuisBOSS302

Put the apk up on Dropbox and pull it down to the phone with chrome, then just install it. No adb needed.

Ah, good idea, thanks.  I tossed it on my Drive account and made it public.  Emailed the link, and boom, installed.  Thank you!!

Ah, good idea, thanks.  I tossed it on my Drive account and made it public.  Emailed the link, and boom, installed.  Thank you!!

FWIW, it sounds like a driver issue.  Just because the computer recognizes the phone for MTP does NOT mean that it is configured / drivers are installed for ADB.  Glad it worked the other way, much easier.

I have both the S5 and the G3, I've noticed my G3 doesn't connect to B41 as much as my S5 does. Cincinnati is a Spark market now, I just find it strange that my S5 does a good job at finding B41(which is of course better) but my G3 just likes to hold on to B25 even when it's practically unusable at times. Has anyone experienced this?

That is cool.

Although, those back plates are hideous. It is too bad they weren't able to replicate LG's brushed aluminum-like texture.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Same in from swappa  today.  Had a bit of a difficult  time getting sprint rep to add to my framily,  kept mentioning how family share pack was better. In some ways yes but not for my usage and my significant  others uses.  So he got himself a new line and his younger brother a line as well under my framily. I gave his brother my nexus 5. He activated the new G3. It is nice and I want it myself. I'll wait and see what htc has to offer. But my mom,  my babe and his bro all have LG's haha. 

I've been waiting for the Note 4 but just like the Note 3 was not Spark ready, it seems that Note 4 is missing B41.

Where did you hear that?

I'm fairly sure that the Sprint Note 4 has full Spark support, including full LTE Band 41 support.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=598336&fcc_id=A3LSMN910P

Where did you hear that?

I'm fairly sure that the Sprint Note 4 has full Spark support, including full LTE Band 41 support.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=598336&fcc_id=A3LSMN910P

Here, of course... http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6257-samsung-galaxy-note-4/

Note 4 does not have Cat6 modem, no B41. 

Honestly, that is not a deal killer for me. I like the G3 for its form factor and it seems to at least match the Note 4 blow for blow. The fact that LG's skin seems lighter than TouchWiz is the icing on the cake.

I just want to know if there is any obvious advantage the N4 has over the G3, cause I can't find any. (again, with the exception of the S-pen)

Here, of course... http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6257-samsung-galaxy-note-4/

I'm pulling this from memory, so I might not have all of these details down exactly, but I believe the "missing Cat6 modem" just means no large-bandwidth carrier aggregation. (I think Cat5 maxes out at 20mhz, and since Sprint B41 smallest carriers are already at 20mhz, it can't aggregate them)

But the Note 4 should still have full Band 41 LTE support, anywhere it exists, no problem. At least, the FCC docs I linked to above very clearly state Band 41 support

It might not have "simultaneous dual Band 41 LTE connections", a.k.a carrier aggregation. But that's not that bad, most Spark devices don't do CA on B41 yet, and they still get Band 41 LTE service.

Honestly, that is not a deal killer for me. I like the G3 for its form factor and it seems to at least match the Note 4 blow for blow. The fact that LG's skin seems lighter than TouchWiz is the icing on the cake.

I just want to know if there is any obvious advantage the N4 has over the G3, cause I can't find any. (again, with the exception of the S-pen)

Lack of Cat6 does not prevent B41. I think you've got your information mixed up. It does mean no carrier aggregation, but B41 is definitely present.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

Zerolemon has there battery and case coming out the 30th (unless they move it back again) it's 9k mah, I don't have a problem with batter but still thinking about getting one because you can never have enough battery. :)

Sent from my LG G3.

Something I noticed when switching to the art runtime on the LG G3,  over dalvik  is that the 4G TD LTE speeds drop drastically and getting on the same tower compared to before I switched was a good 30 megabytes down slower. Anybody else notice this inconsistency when switching between the run times? I noticed that I lost function on my nexus 5 too when using lte 800 and am now wondering if that had to do with ART  not playing nice with sprint and it's network configuration. 

Something I noticed when switching to the art runtime on the LG G3, over dalvik is that the 4G TD LTE speeds drop drastically and getting on the same tower compared to before I switched was a good 30 megabytes down slower. Anybody else notice this inconsistency when switching between the run times? I noticed that I lost function on my nexus 5 too when using lte 800 and am now wondering if that had to do with ART not playing nice with sprint and it's network configuration.

Nope. My speeds have not changed at all. Nor has my ability to be switched from band to band.

Must be something else, like site loading.

Nope. My speeds have not changed at all. Nor has my ability to be switched from band to band.

Must be something else, like site loading.

I'm not sure that is the case as I was to get the speed back after I reset it back to dalvik. I had my one max on hand as I was setting it up a well and was hitting speeds. the LG G3 had no issue before art switch runtime switch for my circumstances.

I'm not sure that is the case as I was to get the speed back after I reset it back to dalvik. I had my one max on hand as I was setting it up a well and was hitting speeds. the LG G3 had no issue before art switch runtime switch for my circumstances.

Interesting. I'm not sure what is going on. I haven't seen this on my personal G3, though. My speeds haven't changed at all on FDD or TDD. Some of my fastest speeds on B41 came after I switched to ART - I'm not saying ART helped my speeds, I'm just stating that it hasn't slowed my achievable speeds down.

I'm really not sure what ART could effect in regards to the radio's RF performance. Maybe it is effecting the speed test app you're using?

Just for those interested, today is the last day of the LG G3 battery/cradle promo. LGG3promo.com I believe is the site, or google "LG G3 battery promotion"

They will extend it to previous purchasers if you chat with support...nice tidbit to know for those early adopters, like myself (07/11). I still haven't got the $150 rebate...not holding my breathes in/breathes out either.

• Like 1

I submitted mine just see if they will take a buy from a used market over new and I sent my sprint activation receipt instead. 

Just for those interested, today is the last day of the LG G3 battery/cradle promo. LGG3promo.com I believe is the site, or google "LG G3 battery promotion"

They will extend it to previous purchasers if you chat with support...nice tidbit to know for those early adopters, like myself (07/11). I still haven't got the $150 rebate...not holding my breathes in/breathes out either.

Cool. How did you "chat" with support?