LuisBOSS302

It amazes me why LG would ship the Sprint G3 with all animations turned off. When I enabled these through Developer Mode, the phone totally came alive. A much better user experience, especially coming from iOS. With then off, the phone did some weird things and wasn't smooth at all - very stale from an eye candy perspective. Of course ART is really helping, too.

Does anybody know if the other carrier's versions have animations turned off?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Wow. ART has made a huge impact on my battery, in a good way! I've been on my phone almost all morning and have been streaming music all day. Even watched several YouTube videos.

I'm at 50% with almost 4 hrs of Screen On Time. I could never have done this before.

• Like 1

I had a lot of problems with ART causing random freezes of the entire phone, and had to revert back to Dalvik..

I've not seen a single issue with ART since switching over to it last night. It's worked perfect.

You might have had a compatibility issue with one of the apps you had installed causing your issues.

Definitely saw a nice jump in performance on ART, but some apps like Facebook would not work also chromecast mirroring isn't supported. Once they sort out the bugs, ART will definitely be great.

Everything is working perfectly on my end, including Facebook. I don't use Chromecast, though.

It amazes me why LG would ship the Sprint G3 with all animations turned off. When I enabled these through Developer Mode, the phone totally came alive. A much better user experience, especially coming from iOS. With then off, the phone did some weird things and wasn't smooth at all - very stale from an eye candy perspective. Of course ART is really helping, too.

Does anybody know if the other carrier's versions have animations turned off?

How did you turn animations on? Might be missing it, but I'm not seeing anything. Just the animation scale (1x, 1.5x etc.)

• Like 1

I haven't touched developer options. These are the settings as I found them.

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-08-18-16-39-12.png

Sent from my LG G3

Strange indeed. Mine were all set to off. I had zero animations, which I thought was lame for a flagship Android handset.

I have them all set to 1x now, like yours. Totally different phone. If you want to know what it is like, turn them all off.

Just switched to ART on my G3. In the process, I decided to play around with the animation features. For some reason, my Sprint G3 had all animations turned off. I turned them all on and set them to 1x scale and wow, much smoother.

The jury is still out on ART. It feels much faster and has none of the stutter issues I was seeing before with system actions like scrolling. Everything except..........wait for it...........Tapatalk.

what is ART? 

Strange indeed. Mine were all set to off. I had zero animations, which I thought was lame for a flagship Android handset.

I have them all set to 1x now, like yours. Totally different phone. If you want to know what it is like, turn them all off.

Just checked mine, they were all set to 1x as well

I think you may be referring to the router that I said I was beta testing. While I am connected to a TP-Link router/modem in this screenshot, I disconnected from the beta router's 5ghz channel and purposely connected to the TP-link before taking a screenshot. This is not the test I'm in currently...but you are correct...I am on a TP-Link Archer in that screenshot.

I was connected to FBI-SurveillanceVan but it only has 2.4 bands....

Touche.

Anyone else had issues switching to ART after rooting and installing Xposed?

Xposed doesn't work with art..

Honestly, I'm very happy with the results from switching to ART. Not a single issue at all so far. The phone performs flawlessly now.

I really don't see the need to root.

Maybe that's why I wasn't seeing the stutters you were... I switched to ART almost instantly. Haha

• Like 2

Maybe that's why I wasn't seeing the stutters you were... I switched to ART almost instantly. Haha

I figured you did. As soon as I switched to ART, I had a feeling you did the same, which is why you weren't seeing the weird stuttering I was seeing. That and the disabled animations made the phone act really strange.

Between the two, I have a totally different phone and no longer miss iOS in any way (besides iMessage).

• Like 3

How about Stomp Root? Can i do it with ART? Or do i have to go back to Dalvik then stomp root?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Dalvik is recommended.

Sent from my LGLS990

• Like 1

How about Stomp Root? Can i do it with ART? Or do i have to go back to Dalvik then stomp root?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I ran Stump root while on ART. No issues. Was going to wait for bootloader unlock but wanted some hidden menu joy.