LuisBOSS302

Download a WiFi Analyzer app and check for interference. You probably ran a different WiFi channel prior to the switch and didn't have any interference then.

Doesn't matter how fast the connection or powerful the router if the whole neighborhood is parked on channel 6 lol. With any luck this could be a quick fix for you.

Exactly. Especially if he lives in an apartment/condo. I have the worst interference issues in my condo. Luckily, nobody is running on any channels in the 5ghz range, so it is all mine! Of course, it doesn't propagate nearly as well, but even with a weaker airlink, my speeds are still much faster.

I'm also running a 40mhz wide channel, which does help.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Exactly. Especially if he lives in an apartment/condo. I have the worst interference issues in my condo. Luckily, nobody is running on any channels in the 5ghz range, so it is all mine! Of course, it doesn't propagate nearly as well, but even with a weaker airlink, my speeds are still much faster.

I'm also running a 40mhz wide channel, which does help.

Similar situation here... There are more WiFi networks in the 2.4ghz range here than I can count, but I have free reign of the 5ghz channels.

Similar situation here... There are more WiFi networks in the 2.4ghz range here than I can count, but I have free reign of the 5ghz channels.

Enabled 5ghz and turned connected the devices that can actually use that. Also checked the channel on both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz and there isn't much interference with the channel I'm on. I also switched it to 40 MHz on 5 ghz and that seems to make a decent dent in 1080p videos.

Thanks all

• Like 1

Got my G3 today and love it! Screen is incredibly beautiful and sooo big. One question, once you've enabled wifi calling, how do you get rid of the persistent notification asking if you want to update your location for it? I update it and it goes away for about 30 seconds, then it comes back :/

Got my G3 today and love it! Screen is incredibly beautiful and sooo big. One question, once you've enabled wifi calling, how do you get rid of the persistent notification asking if you want to update your location for it? I update it and it goes away for about 30 seconds, then it comes back :/

As far as I can tell, you can't. It's very annoying. Enough so that I've turned off WiFi calling to make it go away!  <_<

• Like 2

Pretty much all video and photo looks really great on this. I got mine today, and the only problem I really have with it so far is battery life, but I haven't even gotten through one cycle on it yet

Pretty much all video and photo looks really great on this. I got mine today, and the only problem I really have with it so far is battery life, but I haven't even gotten through one cycle on it yet

Unless you're watching video all day battery life is fantastic. 25-30 hours or more with moderate usage.

Unless you're watching video all day battery life is fantastic. 25-30 hours or more with moderate usage.

Uh yea not so much...from 8 am to 3 pm, dropped to 20%. Only thing I did was stream some Pandora, and the local sports station....when I used the g2 and note 2 it was fine but now with this, it kills the battery

Uh yea not so much...from 8 am to 3 pm, dropped to 20%. Only thing I did was stream some Pandora, and the local sports station....when I used the g2 and note 2 it was fine but now with this, it kills the battery

What else was running? How was your signal?

27% used in 10 hours.

2014-08-16%2006.45.43.png

• Like 1

well this last time it was a fringe LTE. and mostly 3g signal...., but the other times i am pretty sure it was a good LTE signal

post 873....though that LTE isnt for the area I was in when streaming.....the post was more for why is this particular thing sucking my battery...

I found the brand... :D

The brand of what?

I think you may be referring to the router that I said I was beta testing. While I am connected to a TP-Link router/modem in this screenshot, I disconnected from the beta router's 5ghz channel and purposely connected to the TP-link before taking a screenshot. This is not the test I'm in currently...but you are correct...I am on a TP-Link Archer in that screenshot.

I was connected to FBI-SurveillanceVan but it only has 2.4 bands....

• Like 1

Just switched to ART on my G3. In the process, I decided to play around with the animation features. For some reason, my Sprint G3 had all animations turned off. I turned them all on and set them to 1x scale and wow, much smoother.

The jury is still out on ART. It feels much faster and has none of the stutter issues I was seeing before with system actions like scrolling. Everything except..........wait for it...........Tapatalk.

• Like 2

Netflix looks really good on it.

FYI on root. root is out now on xda http://tinyurl.com/pjwb9ph

Awesome. I'm debating on rooting my G3. I honestly don't have much need for it, yet. If ART does for me what I'm hoping it will, I'll be happy with leaving the phone alone.

Update on using ART over Dalvik: I've had zero issues so far and have run this phone through its paces. No resets, no hangs or stutters and no freezes. :) Let's see how well the battery does today.

• Like 1

Rooting is fine but without an unlocked bootloader and ability to install a custom recovery, I think I'll wait to do anything that makes changes to the system.

Sent from my LGLS990