LuisBOSS302

How have any of you found the GPS performance/connections. Fast?

Any issues?

My GPS has been flawless. It acquires signal almost instantly.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Same as Cary, flawless. Much better than the G2.

Same here. I haven't encountered a single issue with GPS on the G3.

• Like 2

Haven't had a GPS issue, I never had one on my g2 either guess I was lucky. The get is a beast, I've been using it pretty hard today since 9 am showing off to friends and such and I still have 56% battery life left. Stand by time is crazy good, I don't see how many reviews say the battery is not that good, it's on par with my s5 so far and better than my m8.

Sent from my LG G3.

Haven't had a GPS issue, I never had one on my g2 either guess I was lucky. The get is a beast, I've been using it pretty hard today since 9 am showing off to friends and such and I still have 56% battery life left. Stand by time is crazy good, I don't see how many reviews say the battery is not that good, it's on par with my s5 so far and better than my m8.

Sent from my LG G3.

You also have to keep in mind that the G3 doesn't have the GPS antenna on the backplate like the G2 did. They learned a lesson from that, and I'm not sure it was a good idea when making the backplate removable on the G3 anyway...too much likelihood of user error to leave the GPS prongs open that way.

From what I've seen, the GPS seems to be flawless on the G3.

Well hell....., thanks a lot for all the feedback. As of last night, I am now a G3 owner.

Looking into the feasibility of relegating my GNex to dashcam duty. 

EDIT:  Let me say that if I ever purchase a phone that does not have a removable battery and a sd slot..., somebody just shoot me.

Transferring all my MMS/SMS would have been a breeze had the GNex had an ext sd card. (Not to mention the all the other benefits of ext. memory).

To think that there was a moment that I considered buying an N5, HTC ONE, or HTC ONE M8. MAJOR MISTAKE!!

A few weeks ago  I rebooted my GNex and the screen was just a rainbow of color of a scrambled screen. Thank god it sorted itself out with another reboot. But having the ability of pulling the battery is seminal for a phone.

• Like 3

Is the LG G3 better in gold or the metallic black? I'm looking to get one as a gift for my significant other. It seems there has been a influx of new used models on swappa since the iPhone was announced.

Is the LG G3 better in gold or the metallic black? I'm looking to get one as a gift for my significant other. It seems there has been a influx of new used models on swappa since the iPhone was announced.

Shoot, it doesn't matter.  Personal preference. 

I've got a black (love it), mom has the gold (she loves it)'

Since you brought up Swappa... how does checking meid's work?  I'm interested in using swappa, but don't want to take the chance on getting a blacklisted/banned device.

tia,

Skid

Since you brought up Swappa... how does checking meid's work?  I'm interested in using swappa, but don't want to take the chance on getting a blacklisted/banned device.

tia,

Skid

I believe it works by administration checking and verifying the listing. I'm not sure how they actually do meid checks though. You need a verified paypal account as well to sell and buy. So both parties are protected from fraudulent listings.

They have a link above the the information screen to check esn/meid of the device.

Edited by transitwatch889
  • Like 1

The black g3 for sure has better battery life, faster bench marks, and quicker GPS lock [emoji12]

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

For the record, the M8 has an SD Card slot. And holding the power button is hard coded to act like a battery pull. 

Well the second part of that info is interesting. I did know that the M8  had the SD card but I was just listing the latest flagships that were on my shortlist that did not have both options.

Although my mistake was forgetting that my GNex didn't have an sd card but had the removable battery. And it was my G2 that looked as though it was borked a few weeks ago and not my GNex. It is my G2's (2) that have no removable battery OR an sd card. (WTF was I thinking??)

I am the consummate idiot for buying two of those. Not to mention that the Sprint employee last night was saying a lot of G2's are coming back to the store because of battery drain issues. I thought I had thought that situation out better before going that route.

Anyway..., finally got the G3 pretty much squared away.... except for root. :P

The black g3 for sure has better battery life, faster bench marks, and quicker GPS lock [emoji12]

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I got the black one ordered a ringke slim case and tempered glass screen. Everything should be here by Monday the latest I hope.

Has anyone received their American Express gift card/rebate (either $150 or $100) from Sprint on their G3 purchase yet?

If bought on release day, as I did, we are in the 10th week of the 10-12 week time period it takes to receive it.

Customer Care said to wait the last two weeks and call back if it has not shown up.

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from the future on my Sprint Tri-Band LG G3.

Edited by VW Maverick
  • Like 1

Has anyone received their American Express gift card/rebate (either $150 or $100) from Sprint on their G3 purchase yet?

If bought on release day, as I did, we are in the 10th week of the 10-12 week time period it takes to receive it.

Customer Care said to wait the last two weeks and call back if it has not shown up.

Have you checked the promo status page? https://promo.sprint.com/Promo click on the check status tab.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

tia,

Skid

I don't think they actually check every device. Maybe they spot check? I bought an HTC EVO 4G LTE from Swappa and it would NOT activate on Sprint.

• Like 2

Have you checked the promo status page? https://promo.sprint.com/Promo click on the check status tab.

Of course.

It says to check back after Sept 10th for your status.

It is now one week after that and it still says the same thing.

• Like 2

Of course.

It says to check back after Sept 10th for your status.

It is now one week after that and it still says the same thing.

Mine says to check back after Friday Sept 12th. Lol.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

I believe it works by administration checking and verifying the listing. I'm not sure how they actually do meid checks though. You need a verified paypal account as well to sell and buy. So both parties are protected from fraudulent listings.

They have a link above the the information screen to check esn/meid of the device.

Yes, the seller is required to put in the esn/meid when listing it so that the admins can check it...the actual number does not appear on the listing.  You don't even need a paypal account to buy--you can use a credit card that goes through paypal.  Sellers have to be paypal verifed, I believe.

• Like 1

I don't think they actually check every device. Maybe they spot check? I bought an HTC EVO 4G LTE from Swappa and it would NOT activate on Sprint.

My guess is that the esn was genuinely clean but sprint was no longer the owner of the esn. Once a sprint phone goes to a prepaid it can never come back. Sprints system gives an error stating phone ownership can not be established. Basically means sprint does not own the esn any longer.
  • Like 3

My guess is that the esn was genuinely clean but sprint was no longer the owner of the esn. Once a sprint phone goes to a prepaid it can never come back. Sprints system gives an error stating phone ownership can not be established. Basically means sprint does not own the esn any longer.

This is exactly what happened to me. So if Swappa can't tell the difference between a Sprint-owned and a Prepaid-owned ESN, then it isn't on them I guess.

Haven't received the amex card either. Also purchased in launch day. Still waiting on a few referral rebates as well.

I don't enjoy waiting on rebates.

Hi,

I need to sideload an app through ADB/Android Studio on my boss' LG G3.  In Settings --> Security, I enabled "allow installation from untrusted devices" and I enabled the Developer Options.  Then, in Developer Options, I enabled "USB Debugging."

However, when I connect the G3 to my Mac via USB, I never get the little box that prints the RSA key and asks whether to allow access from the computer.  The G3 recognizes the connection, because it goes into MTP mode, but it never asks to authorize the computer.

As such, I can run "adb devices" from the command line and it doesn't list the G3 as being connected.  Also, running an app from Android Studio doesn't list the G3 as a connected device.

I haven't had this problem with other devices, including my personal HTC One M8.  Any idea why the G3 isn't showing up as a connected device once USB Debugging has been enabled?  I'm at my wits' end and can't figure out how to install our app on my boss' G3.

NOTE:  The G3 is on Verizon, so I don't know if that has something to do with it.  I'm a regular reader here at S4GRU so I'm hoping somebody can help me out.  Thank you!!!