LuisBOSS302

Scrolling Cache isn't something that wiping cache erases. You have to manually disable it within the framework via decompiling and recompiling.

I've disabled scrolling cache in previous devices and it's ridiculous how much of an effect it had. Is root out for the Sprint G3 yet?

Sent from my LG-LS980

Ahh, I see. This is obviously a feature that root unlocks.

No, as far as I know, the G3 doesn't have root access yet.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Free version. I can't seem to find an app upgrade or a pro version in the Play Store. I had the paid version for iOS.

I use the paid version, got it for 99¢ when they last did a major upgrade. Not sure I'd that still exists or not. I know I don't see ads ever, and I've seen a few people complain about ads. Not sure if that makes a difference. If I scroll to the bottom of my timeline to the point where nothing has been loaded yet, it stutters a bit, but once the next tier has been loaded it doesn't do it anymore.

Sent from my LG G3

I use the paid version, got it for 99¢ when they last did a major upgrade. Not sure I'd that still exists or not. I know I don't see ads ever, and I've seen a few people complain about ads. Not sure if that makes a difference. If I scroll to the bottom of my timeline to the point where nothing has been loaded yet, it stutters a bit, but once the next tier has been loaded it doesn't do it anymore.

Sent from my LG G3

After doing some googling, there is no longer a paid Tapatalk app for Android. They moved to a single app system. You can no longer upgrade to Pro status. If you were already a Pro user, you get to keep that status which is connected to your Tapatalk login. Beyond that, everybody gets the free version with ads.

• Like 3

After doing some googling, there is no longer a paid Tapatalk app for Android. They moved to a single app system. You can no longer upgrade to Pro status. If you were already a Pro user, you get to keep that status which is connected to your Tapatalk login. Beyond that, everybody gets the free version with ads.

Great to know. I've been using the old pro app, which is way behind updates, for awhile now. Moved over to the regular app and have no ads.
  • Like 2

If we were paid Pro users I think it shows as Tapatalk "VIP" on the main screen.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone experienced their phone's screen turning on by itself? I was at the movies, and the phone was in the cup holder, and it would just turn on. It happened 2-3 times.

Do you have sensorly enabled? Sometimes that will kick the phone on at random times to check for movement at random times

Do you have sensorly enabled? Sometimes that will kick the phone on at random times to check for movement at random times

No, uninstalled Sensorly a while back. Any chance LTE Discovery app could cause it to turn on?

I have a visual impairment. One of the issues that I have to deal with is viewing dark-ish colored font on a white background. This kind of visual UI is impossible for me to deal with.

LG has some nice customizations in the Accessibility settings area.

One of these is to invert colors. And while inverting colors isn't the most optimal outcome, it certainly helps a great deal.

For anyone wanting to try out a quick way to invert colors to avoid having their retinas burned, try this:

Settings

Accessibility

Accessibility shortcut (turn on)

Settings

Accessibility

Accessibility settings shortcut (choose invert colors)

Now, from any screen that shows your home button, tap the home button three times quickly (and press ok on the pop-up dialog) and presto!, inverted colors. To go back to normal colors, quickly tap three times on your home button again.

I use this quite often while in the settings menu, dialer, play store, etc.

There are other options to set your accessibility settings shortcut to.

Extremely handy, and a nice touch by LG.

Skid

• Like 2

Is there any way to make 1440p the default in the youtube app? Seems to fall back to lower resolutions when it's restarted.

If the video is actually filmed in at least 1440p and uploaded in 1440p , YouTube should automatically switch to the highest resolution available for your data connection speed. Just keep it in Auto resolution and that should be enough.

Funny that I pay for 30 down with brighthouse and according to google that's only going me enough bandwidth for SD. (I checked the doodad thin when my videos froze and wouldn't load). Amazing?

I think I'll call brighthouse and tell them comcast offers faster internet at a cheaper price here. Maybe they'll bump it up

Funny that I pay for 30 down with brighthouse and according to google that's only going me enough bandwidth for SD. (I checked the doodad thin when my videos froze and wouldn't load). Amazing?

I think I'll call brighthouse and tell them comcast offers faster internet at a cheaper price here. Maybe they'll bump it up

Have you tested your connection lately? 30mbps more than enough to stream 4K, much less regular HD (720/1080p).

• Like 1

Have you tested your connection lately? 30mbps more than enough to stream 4K, much less regular HD (720/1080p).

I test it regularly multiple times a day, including the ping. I am convinced brighthouse throttles me

And to add to that, I have a 210-250$ router that my work provided me with.

When I had it with comcast, I would get download speeds of 50+ every single time, and would practically never EVER have to refresh or reboot a video. Now, it happens every single time. I also time out while playing gta online... So it had got to be bright house? They always give me issues...

This is the router. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825390004

Edit: I'm sorry, this is incredibly off topic

When I had it with comcast, I would get download speeds of 50+ every single time, and would practically never EVER have to refresh or reboot a video. Now, it happens every single time. I also time out while playing gta online... So it had got to be bright house? They always give me issues...

This is the router. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825390004

I wish I could discuss my router right now, but an NDA has me tight-lipped on it. Let's just say for instance that someone I know uses an AC2400 with 4x4 T/R antenna and gigabit ethernet. I can't find much on google about the AC2400 standard (technically, AC2350)...but that's just a "rumor".

I will say this, it's in the FCC database, but i can't really say who makes it or any of the numbers tied to the model.

ok so i am having some battery woas.....so here is one pic...and i had even shut off what ever media stuff i was using, but this kept running... :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Screenshot_2014-08-11-17-06-41.png

I have another pic i havent uploaded yet (as my phone had to charge 1st ) that is a streaming app, that i have used on EVERY phone and none of them have showed this sucking battery.....used like 60% in about a 4 hr window... where on any other phone, it wold be maybe 20%....

soooo what setting am i missing??? :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

How do you have the router's airlink configured? You may be running on a overcrowded channel.

2.4Ghz or 5ghz?

• Like 1

Download a WiFi Analyzer app and check for interference. You probably ran a different WiFi channel prior to the switch and didn't have any interference then.

Doesn't matter how fast the connection or powerful the router if the whole neighborhood is parked on channel 6 lol. With any luck this could be a quick fix for you.

• Like 1