danlodish345

I use root to install Xposed, adblock, debloat, and occasionally customize my ROM. I enjoy tinkering with my device.

Adblock is a really nice feature. I used to customize my ROM alot, but I would usually mess around with Xposed a bit too much and end up soft bricking my phone.

Im currently rooted, but I only use it for SCP at the moment. Adblock seems to make my internet browser time out a lot.

Adblock is a really nice feature. I used to customize my ROM alot, but I would usually mess around with Xposed a bit too much and end up soft bricking my phone.

Im currently rooted, but I only use it for SCP at the moment. Adblock seems to make my internet browser time out a lot.

I'm the opposite.  Occasionally a site will block me from viewing because of Adblock, but I just leave it.  But in most cases, I find that the browsing experience is much better because ads won't pop up in your face or take over your screen. 

I'm the opposite. Occasionally a site will block me from viewing because of Adblock, but I just leave it. But in most cases, I find that the browsing experience is much better because ads won't pop up in your face or take over your screen.

For me, most ad block apps would cause my phone to act as if it didn't have access to Internet at times. It would also mess with the Facebook app as well. A quick trip to airplane mode and back resolved the issue, but still...it got annoying.

I do enjoy the features of rooting, but I don't enjoy the fact that I have to root to gain some features and lose warranty.

On my Note 5, attempting to root bricks the device. Thanks Samsung for mandating Knox, likely at the behest of Verizon.

:angry:

That blows.

Samsung ads SD Card slot again...one step forward.

Samsung locks down phone w/ Knox...two steps back.

That blows.

Samsung ads SD Card slot again...one step forward.

Samsung locks down phone w/ Knox...two steps back.

Fortunately I didn't do it. That said, it defeats one of the big wins of being on Android.

If I were to switch off to the AT&T DirecTV plan, I'd go back to iOS.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I root for Titanium Backup, and now for earfcn functionality in SCP. I'd never consider not being rooted, I like the flexibility. I don't do custom ROMs though, just stock rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Same here. Root only for SCP and Titanium Backup and only stock root, but I do not believe the SGS7 and Edge are rootable yet, then again I haven't checked XDA the last 2 weeks.

TS

what carrier are your phone's from

Stupid Samsung! Even on T-Mobile/Sprint it is locked down hard. It's kind of funny actually, because the Exynos variant is getting all of the dev love now. :lol:

Maybe it's due to the fact that the Qualcomm 820 has enhanced security hardware features to prevent rooting.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

I previously rooted every phone I'd ever had prior to the Moto X Pure.  I did it for anywhere from CM Roms that were updated more frequently, debloat to stock ROM, SCP, ad blocking, etc.  The only thing that I've found i miss is root in SCP, the MXPE does everything I need it to do, with the stock rom.  Currently waiting on 6.0.1 to get the new emojis, but that is not a reason to root and install CM...

well i still need root i love de bloating my phones the battery life and preformance really improves 

I have started buying phones that don't have the bloat.  I got my S4T because I needed a device and it was a $0.01 upgrade from Amazon using the old subsidy system.  After all the crap i dealt with due to rooting and debloating stock or running CM, I decided that I wanted a device that I didn't want to debloat, etc.  I was down to the Nexus 6P and Moto X Pure.  I jumped on the MXPE and have been very happy with the device since September.  The only down fall is that Lenovo/Moto has been slower with updates/patches than the community speculated due to the "Pure Android" experience that was advertised.  My next device will most likely be a Nexus.

It used to be essential back when all of the manufacturer skins were steaming piles of trash (at least from an optimization/bloat standpoint) but at this point there aren't many reasons to unless you need xposed or a niche app. I keep my 5X rooted because

• It's really really easy to do and updating is painless compared to rooted non-nexii
  • Signalcheck
  • I used some Xposed modules to combat the "mobile radio active" battery bug back when that was a problem

And that's pretty much everything. The list of reasons for rooting my OG evo would probably span a couple pages. Even my old Nexus 5 has some additional bullet points for rooting it (over/underclocking, DPI changes, extreme battery mods, fast radio version switching). But I'm extremely satisfied with 5X stock performance and I could actually survive with this phone unrooted.

But if you're dealing with a bloated manufacturer skin, there are still some incentives mostly related to removing bloat.