Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I got the 4.4.3 OTA today. I was hoping it would fix my signal. I had 0 bars with LTE , maybe 1 with 3G and 2 with 1x. I was able to connect to Data with LTE even with 0 signal bars.    So now, I updated and I still have 0 bars with LTE, 0-1 bars with 3G and 2 bars with1x .. Connecting to Data I only get 3G no LTE. 

I tried diabling band 26, that made LTE come on for a few minutes then back to nothing.  I tied changing the settings

25-0

26-0

41-1

Still LTE came on then went back off.  And everyitme I check LTE enginerring it says  I am on Band 51  ??

:confused:

I got the 4.4.3 OTA today. I was hoping it would fix my signal. I had 0 bars with LTE , maybe 1 with 3G and 2 with 1x. I was able to connect to Data with LTE even with 0 signal bars.    So now, I updated and I still have 0 bars with LTE, 0-1 bars with 3G and 2 bars with1x .. Connecting to Data I only get 3G no LTE. 

I tried diabling band 26, that made LTE come on for a few minutes then back to nothing.  I tied changing the settings

25-0

26-0

41-1

Still LTE came on then went back off.  And everyitme I check LTE enginerring it says  I am on Band 51  ??

:confused:

Band 51 just means that you are on 3G.

I am confused though, you didn't have LTE before the update, and were hoping for LTE after the update? Unless you have Band 26 or Band 41 in your area, the update won't do anything for your LTE connection.

It sounds like you are getting some LTE connection, but it is reverting to 3G because the signal isn't that bad. I would suggest disabling Band 41 in case there are csfb issues, but that won't do anything for you because it sounds like you have a very weak band 25 LTE connection there.

Band 51 just means that you are on 3G.

I am confused though, you didn't have LTE before the update, and were hoping for LTE after the update? Unless you have Band 26 or Band 41 in your area, the update won't do anything for your LTE connection.

It sounds like you are getting some LTE connection, but it is reverting to 3G because the signal isn't that bad. I would suggest disabling Band 41 in case there are csfb issues, but that won't do anything for you because it sounds like you have a very weak band 25 LTE connection there.

Well my son has a ZTE Vital and he has 4G just fine in our house.   And I know my old Lg Marquee doesn't have LTE but it does has full signal bars on 3G,   My nexus 5 barly gets 1 bar with 3G

Well my son has a ZTE Vital and he has 4G just fine in our house.   And I know my old Lg Marquee doesn't have LTE but it does has full signal bars on 3G,   My nexus 5 barly gets 1 bar with 3G

Oh, odd since the Nexus 5 is typically a good performer. Well, I have not noticed (nor has anyone else) that the update has done anything to significantly boost Band 25 performance. 

Are you sure you are on Sprint? And your son is on Sprint as well?

Well my son has a ZTE Vital and he has 4G just fine in our house. And I know my old Lg Marquee doesn't have LTE but it does has full signal bars on 3G, My nexus 5 barly gets 1 bar with 3G

Sounds like you may have a defective device. Take it in and have them test it.

Oh, odd since the Nexus 5 is typically a good performer. Well, I have not noticed (nor has anyone else) that the update has done anything to significantly boost Band 25 performance.

Are you sure you are on Sprint? And your son is on Sprint as well?

The Vital is a Sprint phone.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Anyone else notice decreased battery life after the update? Mine is considerably worse now. I have tried parking it in 3g mode but that doesn't seem to help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anyone else notice decreased battery life after the update? Mine is considerably worse now. I have tried parking it in 3g mode but that doesn't seem to help.

I have but because of increased usage lol..

standby has been solid though.

• Like 1

After keeping a close eye on the .13 radio behavior over the past few days, I think I know why I am getting tossed back to 3G so often.. and it makes sense.

This radio causes my N5 to connect to B26 far more often than any of the previous ones. But I have yet to connect to a B26 site that appears to have been optimized. B26 signals have been averaging ~8-12 dB worse than B25 from the same site. My N5 appears to switch over to B26 whenever it sees it, but since the coverage is currently worse, it can't hang onto it everywhere. Instead of falling "back" to B25 when it loses B26, it drops to 3G. This is probably intentional, since eventually the B26 signal will be the strongest LTE connection available.

I should also note that adjusting the band priorities on my device has no impact on this. And I have yet to see any B41 in my area.

YMMV, this has just been my experience northwest of Boston.

-Mike

This is the same exact thing that is happening to me. Changing band priorities does nothing to change this. I have messed around with it a lot and it still connects however it wants to. B26 is really bad though. It falls back to 3g less than a mile from the tower.

Why is the signal so bad on B26.

changing the priorities does little to nothing.

try disabling the b26 and/or b41 in the same lte menu where the priorities are.

My Nexus 5 is temporarily out of commission...AOT-compiling all of my apps after what appears to have been a successful 4.4.3 update :-). I have TWRP on my phone so when the OTA rebooted me I landed there. Just had to turn off signature verification, run the lone zip file in /cache, and wait for the phone to do its thing.

There's no B26 for a several-mile radius around me, but there should be plenty of B41 at this point, so hopefully I'll have a favorable report on how the phone performs radio-wise...and hopefully I'll get a bit better battery life than I was getting a day or three ago.

This is the same exact thing that is happening to me. Changing band priorities does nothing to change this. I have messed around with it a lot and it still connects however it wants to. B26 is really bad though. It falls back to 3g less than a mile from the tower.

Why is the signal so bad on B26.

Like my situation, the B26 sites near you haven't been optimized yet. They are live but the antennas haven't been aligned perfectly yet and/or they are not broadcasting at full power. Another crew will come along to take care of that. In the meantime, you can disable B26 to prevent it. Adjusting priorities doesn't do much, because once you are connected, the network moves you around as it deems necessary.

-Mike

• Like 1

how much of that is phone usage.? That's pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No phone calls. Haven't made any since I turned off Seasonal Standby.

• Like 2

So apparently B26 is actually live near me. Speeds aren't great but the service works pretty well, and it looks like my phone prefers to camp there. Maybe I need to check my settings though :)

• Like 1

So apparently B26 is actually live near me. Speeds aren't great but the service works pretty well, and it looks like my phone prefers to camp there. Maybe I need to check my settings though :)

Are you still in Austin? It should be live like everywhere ;)

How's this for battery life after update?

Phone standby 21%? Just a tad misleading... What's your battery like when the screen is actually on lol?

• Like 1

Phone standby 21%? Just a tad misleading... What's your battery like when the screen is actually on lol?

Since I posted that, it's down to 57%. And that's with 25% brightness.

yge7u2y2.jpg

• Like 1

So, I've had a lot of problems as of late sending MMS.  One guy on T-Mob doesn't get them, and now another on AT&T.  Sent to my wife on Verizon, and it seemed to have gone through without an issue.

I know people have had this issue before, and it's been a variety of things, but is there a prevailing issue now?  Is it Hangouts, Sprint, ???

So, I've had a lot of problems as of late sending MMS. One guy on T-Mob doesn't get them, and now another on AT&T. Sent to my wife on Verizon, and it seemed to have gone through without an issue.

I know people have had this issue before, and it's been a variety of things, but is there a prevailing issue now? Is it Hangouts, Sprint, ???

Hangouts is known for its MMS issues, although they were supposedly fixed.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So, I've had a lot of problems as of late sending MMS. One guy on T-Mob doesn't get them, and now another on AT&T. Sent to my wife on Verizon, and it seemed to have gone through without an issue.

I know people have had this issue before, and it's been a variety of things, but is there a prevailing issue now? Is it Hangouts, Sprint, ???

Update your profile. Had the same issue for weeks then felt pretty silly after that was the fix.

• Like 1

Did we ever decide if the network time changing was a hardware issue, software issue, or network issue? Landing at Boston soon and I'm interested to see if/when it changes over on its own.

Network issue