Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Interesting! By any chance, have you ever happened to notice if SignalCheck shows anything? I'm guessing if you have bars, it should.. I haven't tried grabbing a VZW SIM because I figured it wouldn't work at all, but maybe I should find one.

-Mike

I want to say it did populate when I can get it to register on Verizon and gives me signal bars. I will take a screen shot the next time I do it. I could do it now, but my SIM card and ejection tool are upstairs. And I'm cold and tired...and lazy. :hah:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

larry-bird.jpg

Shoot lights out from 3? Check. White? Check. Small? Not so much.

But we can still get a lot of humorous mileage from a guy from a town called French Lick.

AJ

• Like 1

Shoot lights out from 3? Check. White? Check. Small? Not so much.

But we can still get a lot of humorous mileage from a guy from a town called French Lick.

True story. Should've put Steve Nash up there.. I didn't realize Bird was 6' 9" and Nash was 6' 3". It was more just an opportunity to throw some Boston out there.. basketball doesn't do anything for me. Larry Legend put French Lick on the map.. not too far from a town called Santa Claus. Indiana is weird.. doesn't look like either metropolis gets to enjoy any Sprint service though.

-Mike

It was more just an opportunity to throw some Boston out there.. basketball doesn't do anything for me.

You live in Boston, yet you are not a big Celtics fan?  Well, this SNL sketch may be lost on you -- though, I guess it applies to the Bruins, too -- but I have been trying to find video of it again since my teenage years.  The parquet floor may still be there, but the Shawmut Center/FleetCenter/TD Banknorth Garden is not the same.

So, as Tony Vallencourt would say, drink an entire pony keg in honor of the Gah-den...

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/94/94stony.phtml

AJ

You live in Boston, yet you are not a big Celtics fan?  Well, this SNL sketch may be lost on you -- though, I guess it applies to the Bruins, too -- but I have been trying to find video of it again since my teenage years.  The parquet floor may still be there, but the Shawmut Center/FleetCenter/TD Banknorth Garden is not the same.

So, as Tony Vallencourt would say, drink an entire pony keg in honor of the Gah-den...

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/94/94stony.phtml

I didn't know you could read, I thought you survived this long solely on video clips! When I saw that link wasn't to YouTube, I got suspicious and assumed it was a virus.. SNL was so much better back in the day.

The C's are probably the #4 team around here these days, and not just because they are a lottery team this season.. the other three local teams have just been so successful over the past several years. I'm not a fair-weather fan; even when they won the title in '08, I didn't really jump on the bandwagon. I rooted for them and watched a few games at end of the playoff run, but that was about it. I have countless Sox/Pats/B's apparel and memorabilia all over the place (I watch games from a pair of Fenway bleacher seats the wife allows in the living room--completely normal as far as I'm concerned) but I don't think I own a single Green Team item.

And the old Gahden was awesome.. barely held 14,000 yet it always sounded like the crowd was three times bigger. The new Garden is great though, and has slowly been building its own character. I'm biased, but it's the best NHL rink I've been to.

-Mike

The 32gb Black Nexus 5, it shows up as a Nexus 5 with picture and everything. Doesn't state capacity on the activation screen; as I am not switching back till post spark update! So I don't know if it shows the capacity of the model as well....

Working here too!  I can also now set preferences on my account, block numbers, etc... About time!

Maybe someone with connections to Sprint is reading this thread?  Someone should try to activate a Tmobile Nexus again., maybe it'll work this time.

Finally found a way to strain the Nexus 5.  The phone does not like to export a 100MB file out of Dropbox directly into SkyDrive.  It's probably because of no shortage of power with the Snapdragon 800, rather I think a memory leak is to blame.  Regardless, this is the first time I have ever seen this device slow down.

• Like 3

It's widely believed we won't have that obnoxious thing lol.

I was thinking it would stay the same. Unless there was a code in there to not have the pinwheel when on T-mobile/ATT and such. 

I was thinking it would stay the same. Unless there was a code in there to not have the pinwheel when on T-mobile/ATT and such. 

Since no carrier has a custom LTE icon for the Nexus 4 or 5, I'm banking on that consistency with the Spark update.  I'm just expecting the same ol same ol LTE icon.

Robert

• Like 4

I'm so happy with this phone I don't need the update. This phone holds on to usuable LTE signals where on 1x I would have a -101 signal.

If I didn't experience the wireless nightmare that was the Citrus Bowl I'd be completely agreeing with you about the update lol.  The RF performance is amazing though.  I pulled a poor, but very usable, LTE signal inside some of the restaurants in the St. Augustine square the other week.  The Dave usually comments on how that area is extremely poor for Sprint with no LTE in sight because the closest tower is legacy.  This phone is phenomenal.  

• Like 4

If I didn't experience the wireless nightmare that was the Citrus Bowl I'd be completely agreeing with you about the update lol.  The RF performance is amazing though.  I pulled a poor, but very usable, LTE signal inside some of the restaurants in the St. Augustine square the other week.  The Dave usually comments on how that area is extremely poor for Sprint with no LTE in sight because the closest tower is legacy.  This phone is phenomenal.

I have to agree, I've seen LTE where I've never seen it before. Some unusable like a -130 signal but I've gotten it in my house some how, and even on my galaxy tab 3 here and there. But I think I could use the band 26 just in case of emergency situations and the cable is out.

How does it compare with the lg g2?

The N5 is superior in terms of RF performance.  Best there is at the moment.  A few of the members on the G2 thread have also used the Nexus  so you could probably get a more detailed answer from one of them.

The N5 is superior in terms of RF performance.  Best there is at the moment.  A few of the members on the G2 thread have also used the Nexus  so you could probably get a more detailed answer from one of them.

And it's fully spark compatible despite it not getting the ota upgrade?

Nexus may not have the battery life of the G2 but everything that I use it for, it has done better and seemingly quicker than the G2. I know they have the same processor and all but I'd take a Nexus any day now. The G2 was good for me and I'd recommend it but I always recommend the N5 first at work now.
  • Like 2