Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I picked band 41 in the Bronx but the speeds were not impressive.

Maybe the tower I was connected to is not completely upgraded.

I'll post screenshots in a minute

What do you mean by not completely upgraded?  Post your screenshots so we can see.

thanks for the screens, wow that some horrible ping going on there.

So now we seem to have at least 2 confirmed b41 connections on the nexus 5.

Which seems to indicate that there is nothing wrong with our devices, as long as we have the bands enabled they should connect to the applicable towers once sprint upgrades or flips on that functionality.

I still don't understand why the n5 seems to be more picky/limited in connecting to b41, than say g2 or htc max, but at least we now know they CAN connect and do not necessarily need an update.

My black 32 still says on the 26th...

For what it's worth, I chose 2 day shipping at checkout, and my phone is shipping from Louisville, KY, with destination being Orange County, CA. Does anyone know if that's where they are all shipping from, or are there closer locations to CA that they can do UPS Ground from?

Just speculating if maybe choosing 2-day shipping helped me get a Nexus 5 earlier since I can get a Nexus 5 from a warehouse on the other side of the country while people choosing regular shipping are stuck with relatively local warehouses.

I obviously don't know jack about shipping, but just wondering if that could be the case.

For what it's worth, I chose 2 day shipping at checkout, and my phone is shipping from Louisville, KY, with destination being Orange County, CA. Does anyone know if that's where they are all shipping from, or are there closer locations to CA that they can do UPS Ground from?

Just speculating if maybe choosing 2-day shipping helped me get a Nexus 5 earlier since I can get a Nexus 5 from a warehouse on the other side of the country while people choosing regular shipping are stuck with relatively local warehouses.

I obviously don't know jack about shipping, but just wondering if that could be the case.

I think they're all shipping from Louisville....my wife's did and I chose ground delivery. It shipped on 11/11 and was delivered on 11/15.

• Like 1

here they are

Thanks for the screens.  You have identified another frequency set that Clearwire is using to deploy B41 LTE.  The UL and DL channels in your screenshots is 39991.   The majority of the UL and DL channels in screenshots thus far (including my testing) is 40978.  This new EARFCN of 39991 translates into 2530.1 MHz.

• Like 2

Maybe the 2 day shipping sped it up. I picked standard. I called Google and explained that I ordered the same model before some friends and they already got their's shipped while mine didn't and asked if there are any holds for whatever reason. They said no and ensured it will ship by the 26th. I am assuming nothing is being told at a customer service level and it is all at the shipping/receiving end of everything. Oh well, I just have to wait. Damn Thanksgiving, even though I love Thanksgiving food it is going to prolong the shipping! 

so this is a issue that I was having earlier last week. that I had touch on in the forum. I was having issues connecting when a call came through when my phone with either sleep or simply when I was actively using it the dialer would not respond to my touch. I was originally going to send the phone back to Google! but i decided against it and continued to play with it! Checking each variable in my control. What I discovered is that I deactivated the roaming on the device and that was causing issues with connection handoff between lte and 3g when a call is recieved causing it to drop and then freeze out the call... Making it not respond. so anyone that is having issues with the dialer and receiving calls the roaming needs to be enabled!

• Like 2

Maybe the 2 day shipping sped it up. I picked standard. I called Google and explained that I ordered the same model before some friends and they already got their's shipped while mine didn't and asked if there are any holds for whatever reason. They said no and ensured it will ship by the 26th. I am assuming nothing is being told at a customer service level and it is all at the shipping/receiving end of everything. Oh well, I just have to wait. Damn Thanksgiving, even though I love Thanksgiving food it is going to prolong the shipping! 

Don't lose hope! Maybe you'll get a shipping notice later today or tomorrow. Of course, nothing is guaranteed until the 26th, but so far, there has been a good trend of people getting early shipments.

• Like 1

Don't lose hope! Maybe you'll get a shipping notice later today or tomorrow. Of course, nothing is guaranteed until the 26th, but so far, there has been a good trend of people getting early shipments.

HAHA I just want to help find some B41 in OC and have a Nexus phone to match my Nexus 7(2012) and 10.

I think they're all shipping from Louisville....my wife's did and I chose ground delivery. It shipped on 11/11 and was delivered on 11/15.

UPS biggest hub.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For the great deals that a Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 are, holy crap that is expensive. You can find good Qi wireless charging pads on Amazon for less than half that price. I'm not planning on buying any wireless charging pad myself anytime soon, but jeez, $50?

For the great deals that a Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 are, holy crap that is expensive. You can find good Qi wireless charging pads on Amazon for less than half that price. I'm not planning on buying any wireless charging pad myself anytime soon, but jeez, $50?

Looks like the Nokia 900 is good choice. less than $25

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jealous lol.  Did you get the 32GB as well?

Yep, 32GB black. Ordered 11/7, has shown "Shipping by 12/3" all along; in fact, the main Google Play page still says that. Clicking "Info" does show that it has been shipped, so those of you still waiting for shipment, make sure you look at your order details and not just the summary page. Got the e-mail around 2pm this afternoon saying it was shipping. UPS had the package scanned heading out of Louisville KY 10 minutes after I received the e-mail, and it is already at the regional hub around here! I chose 2-day shipping, but unless UPS leaves it on the shelf for an extra day, I expect delivery tomorrow. Strangely enough, I haven't received the usual UPS My Choice notification I always get when a package is on its way to me, usually that arrives when the label is created. The tracking page also doesn't list a scheduled delivery date. Wondering if Google hasn't finalized their daily shipping manifest or something.

Package logistics have always interested me.. think it's amazing what the carriers are able to do.

-Mike

• Like 4

So, Not able to connect to a lot of sites on my drive tonight. And no b41. Tried all different band settings. Its not just yellow sites that im having problems with. Its completely random. Just like others have reported it shows lte for a split second(does not register in signalcheck) then falls back to ehrpd. Actually, looking at the map these are all purple sites have not had any issues with 3g/4g sites. Its only SOME sites that give me issues.

I tried everything too disabled b41, all different band priorities, restarting phone, Updating prl and profile. Sat at the base of b41 only site and did all of this too and could only get the 2 b25 sites down the road in dif directions

Market: Missouri

Device: N5

Legacy Vendor:Nortel(Ericsson)

NV Vendor:Ericsson.

Wow such high ping.  That makes no sense.  I didn't get high ping when I tested B41 LTE.  Did you a take a pic of the EARFCN in the LTE Engineering page?

Ran some more test and got even worse pings.

What could be the cause?

post-870-0-11920900-1384911252_thumb.png

post-870-0-60428000-1384911258_thumb.png

post-870-0-08394300-1384911265_thumb.png

Ran some more test and got even worse pings.

What could be the cause?

Too bad I am not in NYC or else I would like to test that same tower with the G2.  That is rather strange.  It must be some configuration issue.  Can you try to go to another B41 tower and see if you are running into this same issue?

Yep, 32GB black. Ordered 11/7, has shown "Shipping by 12/3" all along; in fact, the main Google Play page still says that. Clicking "Info" does show that it has been shipped, so those of you still waiting for shipment, make sure you look at your order details and not just the summary page. Got the e-mail around 2pm this afternoon saying it was shipping. UPS had the package scanned heading out of Louisville KY 10 minutes after I received the e-mail, and it is already at the regional hub around here! I chose 2-day shipping, but unless UPS leaves it on the shelf for an extra day, I expect delivery tomorrow. Strangely enough, I haven't received the usual UPS My Choice notification I always get when a package is on its way to me, usually that arrives when the label is created. The tracking page also doesn't list a scheduled delivery date. Wondering if Google hasn't finalized their daily shipping manifest or something.

Package logistics have always interested me.. think it's amazing what the carriers are able to do.

-Mike

Same for me, got a e-mail about noon. Device had already shipped. Email was one day behind the shipping. UPS said it will be at my door tomorrow. Google said it would not ship for another week. Nice to see it ship early!

Oh and thanks for the great app Mike! Been using the pro version for a while now on my SIII.

• Like 1