Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

With the N5 i get usable LTE around -99dbm-109dbm at my desk which usually I was on 3G or unusable LTE on the GNex and no LTE at all with the HTC One unless I was near the front door. Also in my house I get around -95 -105 downstairs and better upstairs. So far this thing is a beast. 

• Like 8

Dang! You passed me. My black 32 was ordered on the 5th and still says 26th... Google hates me haha.

Lol we are going to pre order the N6 by the time u get the 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Initial Testing of RF strengths...Using Speedtest.net as the basis, using the Tampa, FL server.

LG G2 has a -98dBm signal on average in this spot.  Nexus 5 has -94 dBm on average in the same spot. 

I did 3 speed tests in a row on both of them within 2 minutes.

LG G2 scored;

16.57 DL 3.92 UL

18.67 DL 4.61 UL

17.18 DL 3.77 UL

So it averages 17.47 DL, 4.1 UL for the G2.

Nexus 5 scored;

13.03 DL 4.45 UL

13.60 DL 5.77 UL

13.86 DL 4.24 UL

So it averages 13.50 DL, 4.82 UL for the Nexus 5.

Overall, the G2 is a lot better in LTE performance in terms of speeds, however if the Nexus 5 can hold onto a signal better then it'll likely be better.  I wont be able to test the Nexus 5's reliability until early next week (streaming in the car compared to the G2.)

I should also test 3G but I need to borrow my brother's phone line for such. Lol

• Like 3

I am also having issues where calls and texts are not going through. I disabled and renabled google voice. hopefully that fixed it.

I've had Google voice integration since it was first offered. However, I set it to not use Google voice for calls, just texts and voicemail. So far, I have not had any issues at all.

I've had Google voice integration since it was first offered. However, I set it to not use Google voice for calls, just texts and voicemail. So far, I have not had any issues at all.

That's how i have it set too, but yesterday calls and texts were not coming in. Updated PRL and Profile and all of the texts came through. Then this morning my boss called me at the office and said he had been trying to get ahold of me all morning. Disabled GV and then renabled it and redid all of the Sprint integration. When it was complete my profile and PRL updated automatically and all of my texts came pouring in. I hope that solved the issue.

Check out the band priority with one of our members connected to b41 with his n5 http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=241696

Edit: we could've been using the wrong band priority this whole time. I have a feeling the priorities should be b41 at 0 b25 at 1 and b26 at 2( is 2 an option?) since his device wasn't connected to b26 which was at 0 it jumped to b41. What do u guys think?

I linked to his band priority settings above

Ok just backing you up then. I thought a picture to show it works would be helpful as some still say the N5 won't do B41 yet.

• Like 1

well personally I have tried both combinations but didn't have any luck, so I think there is something else besides the band priority.

Besides, priority should not prevent something from ever connecting at all, only what to scan for first.

I picked band 41 in the Bronx but the speeds were not impressive. Maybe the tower I was connected to is not completely upgraded. I'll post screenshots in a minute

where in the Bronx?