Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I'm having issues with "ok google" myself.  i thought it should work at any and all times. am i missing a setting or option to enable?

OK Google only works when on the home screen with the display on.  It is not the same as the Moto X version where it will work whenever.  Are you having a problem when the home screen is on?

in 5 hours the phone battery lost 17%. is that normal? I checked my email once and the time twice that's it.LTE was on all the time

That's not horrible...  Check your usage history and see what apps are draining your battery.  Theres talk of a Google Play Services bug causing problems in the LG G2 thread, but I am not sure if it affects the N5 as well. 

That's not horrible... Check your usage history and see what apps are draining your battery. Theres talk of a Google Play Services bug causing problems in the LG G2 thread, but I am not sure if it affects the N5 as well.

WiFi was off the whole time

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

post-9904-138505082496_thumb.jpg

When did it become nearly impossible to request your MSL?  Two reps so far have said they can't give it to me because my line is under contract, and one just said I had to talk to tech support because it's a technical code.  If they're trying to keep the MSL so people can't unlock their phones and go to another network or some technically-incorrect reason, all they're doing is pushing me to ETF and get the f- out.  All I want to do is to enable B41.

Is there some secret handshake that I need to use?

When did it become nearly impossible to request your MSL?  Two reps so far have said they can't give it to me because my line is under contract, and one just said I had to talk to tech support because it's a technical code.  If they're trying to keep the MSL so people can't unlock their phones and go to another network or some technically-incorrect reason, all they're doing is pushing me to ETF and get the f- out.  All I want to do is to enable B41.

Best advice would be to try again.  Inevitably you will find someone who will just give it to you with no questions asked.  I know if you do the switch phones option in your account at Sprint.com it gives you the MSL of the phone you switched to.  So you could switch to another phone, then switch back to your N5 to be given the MSL.

I'm not sure if the process is any different because of the new LTE sim cards (been awhile since I did it), but it should still work. 

I thought someone posted instructions a few pages back how to get msl. 

chat worked fine for me first try.

Best advice would be to try again.  Inevitably you will find someone who will just give it to you with no questions asked.  I know if you do the switch phones option in your account at Sprint.com it gives you the MSL of the phone you switched to.  So you could switch to another phone, then switch back to your N5 to be given the MSL.

I'm not sure if the process is any different because of the new LTE sim cards (been awhile since I did it), but it should still work. 

Indeed, it was just a matter of trying two more times until I got a nice lady who was more than eager to give me whatever I wanted, which is what Sprint really needs at this point.  *cough*  In any case, my N5 just rebooted with B41 enabled, so we'll see how that goes!

In chat I said "will you please give me my MSL because I may need to do a hard reset on my phone." Then they gave it to me. No big. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Exploit that they really don't much about phone technically lol.  It's all about your confidence it asking lol. 

Maybe a bug that prevented wifi from actually being off, even though the system reported it as such.  I'd guess a restart would prevent this from happening again.

If your phone is rooted the app CatLog can give you the MSL number. 

InvalidPassword posted this in a nother thread.

Open Catlog grant root permission and acknowledge pop-ups. 

Switch to your dialer

Type *#*#3282#*#*

Got to the LTE menu, choose edit
Where it asks for your service code switch back to Catlog and pause the app

Search for LG_SVC_ITEMS

It should filter the list down to a few items. One of these items should have a length of 6, you can click on this and there should be a 6 digit number this is your MSL. 

Ok.  Enabled the other two channels.  Disabled the 1900 to force to the others and I got bumped down to 3g.  So no 800 or 2600 here right now.

Getting LTE 2600 is still hard to get right now.  You basically have to be standing near a known deployed LTE 2600 tower and do an airplane mode cycle in order to get LTE 2600.  Since you are not a premier sponsor chances are you are not in an area where LTE 2600 is deployed.

Getting LTE 2600 is still hard to get right now.  You basically have to be standing near a known deployed LTE 2600 tower and do an airplane mode cycle in order to get LTE 2600.  Since you are not a premier sponsor chances are you are not in an area where LTE 2600 is deployed.

I figured I'd try it but I wasn't expecting much.  I'm just glad to finally have any LTE at my house.

In some markets it doesnt work at all. I tried multiple times the other day here in St. Louis at sites that I verified as live with a Zing Hotspot. All different kinds of band selections, reboots, airplane toggles. Nothing would allow me to get B41. Tried at both colocated and B41 only sites.

You don't even need root to get the MSL off the phone. Enable USB debugging, install the SDK on your computer, and use adb logcat to dump the system log when you go into the hidden menu and tap Edit.

• Like 1

Based on your battery usage screenshot, it looks like you might be getting bit by the Google Play Services battery drain bug. It has been hammering a lot of people on several different phones this week. Google must be aware of it by now, hopefully they push an update soon. It gets updated silently and automatically in the background when necessary.

-Mike