Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Although I have returned my phone to Google I was curious if anyone having the problem where you cannot answer an incoming call when connected to LTE has seen any resolution to the issue yet. I was not able to get any help from either Sprint or Google. When this issue is sorted out I was going to consider buying the phone again. Thanks

Although I have returned my phone to Google I was curious if anyone having the problem where you cannot answer an incoming call when connected to LTE has seen any resolution to the issue yet. I was not able to get any help from either Sprint or Google. When this issue is sorted out I was going to consider buying the phone again. Thanks

I just did a test few min ago.I asked my wife to call me .no issues(LTE)

I had issues receiving calls as well. Turns out it was Google Voice. Once I disabled account integration and got rid of it, my calls work perfectly again. This was on my G2. Might be worth a shot on the N5,though.

Is anyone having issues with Sensorly? During mapping Sensorly just closes on its own. Upon reinitiating mapping it does not collect any data.

I forgot what forum here but others are also having that issue.

Is anyone having issues with Sensorly? During mapping Sensorly just closes on its own. Upon reinitiating mapping it does not collect any data.

Funny I just ran Sensorly on way to drop my kids at school 30 min ago .ran fine when I checked collected data

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I had issues receiving calls as well. Turns out it was Google Voice. Once I disabled account integration and got rid of it, my calls work perfectly again. This was on my G2. Might be worth a shot on the N5,though.

I use Google voice only to make international calls maybe that's why I didn't have issues

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Looks like by black 32GB N5 shows up Wednesday, ordered on the 4th. 

Have the SIM in-hand, hopefully I won't have any major problems what with being in a good incumbent market. 

Now if they would just get 800MHz LTE going around here. 

One issue I've seen with Sensorly since I got my G2 is that when I first start mapping, it is stuck on "1" point collected and I have to stop and start again and then it will start collecting data points like normal.

One issue I've seen with Sensorly since I got my G2 is that when I first start mapping, it is stuck on "1" point collected and I have to stop and start again and then it will start collecting data points like normal.

Does anyone else cycle airplane mode while mapping? 

Does anyone else cycle airplane mode while mapping?

I did at first when I had the CSFB issues the first couple of days but stopped since overall I have seen a consistent LTE signal. I just got the LTE Discovery app which has an auto rescan that you can set as low as every 20 seconds. I think I will give it a shot for those Highway drives where I drop LTE for a few hundred feet between tower handoffs.

I am also having issues where calls and texts are not going through. I disabled and renabled google voice. hopefully that fixed it.

Keep us posted please on the results.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I believe it has been mentioned before but it seems like when I am on LTE and receive a phone call it drops to 1x 1900.  However, when I am on 3g and receive a phone call it connects to 1x 800.  This stands true 100% of the time for me albeit I have only checked on a few occasions.  Any one else noticing the same or different?  Has there been an explanation posted for this yet?  It's not really a problem in the Chicago suburbs because cell spacing is pretty good...just thought it was weird that it was so consistent.

I believe it has been mentioned before but it seems like when I am on LTE and receive a phone call it drops to 1x 1900.  However, when I am on 3g and receive a phone call it connects to 1x 800.  This stands true 100% of the time for me albeit I have only checked on a few occasions.  Any one else noticing the same or different?  Has there been an explanation posted for this yet?  It's not really a problem in the Chicago suburbs because cell spacing is pretty good...just thought it was weird that it was so consistent.

Mine is YMMV.  I've called voicemail twice in a row to see it drop down from LTE to 1x on channel 650 (1900) and 1 second later, call back and be on 1x channel 476 (ESMR 800).

I have no idea how many towers have 1x on channel 476 up but it is huge.  I hope sprint gets 1x on ESMR ASAP.

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum to ask this question. I live in the Seattle area and Sensorly shows 4G is available.

I've have enabled LTE / Band 26 / Band 41 and priorities are set to the below:

Band 25 - 0
Band 26 - 0
Band 41- 1

Preferred network mode is set to LTE and not Global. However, I'm always on 3G and never able to pick up 4G.

Did I miss any setting? If not, I suspect its due to this?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum to ask this question. I live in the Seattle area and Sensorly shows 4G is available.

I've have enabled LTE / Band 26 / Band 41 and priorities are set to the below:

Band 25 - 0

Band 26 - 0

Band 41- 1

Preferred network mode is set to LTE and not Global. However, I'm always on 3G and never able to pick up 4G.

Did I miss any setting? If not, I suspect its due to this?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Seattle is in market that has the eCSFB issue.  Don't tinker with B41 and just leave it on B25 only for now until you can establish that B25 LTE starts showing up in Seattle.