Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

I'm picking up 800mhz 1x now, awesome for inbuilding coverage! 

My fiancee's apartment used to get a -99, -105db signal for 1x, now on 800mhz, it is sitting pretty at -83db!

DUDE THATS AWESOME!!!FINALLY!!! Is this in Jersey city!?

I am in an area with a lot of 1x800 deployed and my Nexus 5 always seems to jump on 800 when it falls off of LTE (B25).  It seems like the network has started prioritizing 800MHz because this didn't really happen until recently.  Does anyone else experience this?

• Like 1

I am in an area with a lot of 1x800 deployed and my Nexus 5 always seems to jump on 800 when it falls off of LTE (B25).  It seems like the network has started prioritizing 800MHz because this didn't really happen until recently.  Does anyone else experience this?

No connection between B25 and 1x800, When you initiate a call, your phone should switch to voice 1xRTT or 1x800 despite of LTE signal. 

But if you do happen to lose LTE, it should switch to 3G of some type, which would display 1x800 or 1xRTT.

• Like 1

No connection between B25 and 1x800, When you initiate a call, your phone should switch to voice 1xRTT or 1x800 despite of LTE signal. 

But if you do happen to lose LTE, it should switch to 3G of some type, which would display 1x800 or 1xRTT.

Yeah I understand that, but my point is that I'm seeing less of 1xRTT and more of 1x800 almost all of the time despite being in a location where 1x800 is unnecessary.

EDIT: I just tested with a phone call from LTE and it fell back to 1xRTT despite it picking up 1x800 if I switch to 2G/3G mode.

My n5 always jumps to 1x800 after losing LTE. It's almost a guarantee.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Mine only does it if it was on band 26 LTE. Otherwise it has to lose a 1x 1900 signal completely before it will find 1x 800.

Yeah I understand that, but my point is that I'm seeing less of 1xRTT and more of 1x800 almost all of the time despite being in a location where 1x800 is unnecessary.

EDIT: I just tested with a phone call from LTE and it fell back to 1xRTT despite it picking up 1x800 if I switch to 2G/3G mode.

The phone will stay on the first signal it comes across when scanning through the PRL until it loses that signal, even if another frequency is available, whatever it finds first will be used. The only exception is when you get to the edge of a cell site and it negotiates a transfer to a neighboring site. Most of the PRLs have 800 listed first, then 1900 after that. This is one of the disadvantages of CDMA and the PRLs, the network can't force you to another frequency as it wants like it can with LTE. Once you're on LTE, the network can move you as it sees fit, regardless of what the scan settings in the phone say (unless you actively disable certain bands).

In addition, eCSFB only tells your phone to switch back from LTE to 1x of some kind for a phone call. I don't think it specifies what band it looks for, so the phone would quickly scan for the first it remembers seeing last, if that isn't available then it works back through the PRL entries. If eCSFB can force you to a certain band, it makes sense for it to send you to 800 coming out of LTE, as it will be the most likely to exist and give best signal and penetration wherever you are. From there you can migrate off to other sites and frequencies as needed.

• Like 1

This is from a while back but its so pretty. Got it while on a call in the Bronx

u2ygu5yq.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Man...-40 dBm....were you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside? What did the antenna look like? Lol...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Man....It would be interesting to see a visualization of all the RF spectrum in that area...must be insane...

• Like 3

Man....It would be interesting to see a visualization of all the RF spectrum in that area...must be insane...

Maybe someone can check it out. Corner or Southern blvd and Westchester avenue, Bronx. I saw equipment a top of a building there, its a heavy transited area with lots of shopping going on.

Sent from my Nexus 10

• Like 1

To busy running around tent city...lol

the blizzard in flagstaff was fun. sure made the ingress anomaly event interesting this past weekend.  

• Like 1

Posted this link in the NYC market forums but its relevant here as well. Showing the unburdened B26 channel compared to B25 currently in my market.https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ikq5wshl5fnvffr/j59kpkC31K

I've been getting 800Mhz B26 LTE here at my home just outside of Chicago since yesterday with my G2. I'm definitely seeing better indoor reception.  Places inside the house that it used to fallback to 1x/ehrpd it now connects to the B26 LTE.  Seems to generally be +10db to +15 signal relative to B25.  Just as advertised for indoor signal propagation.

Speed tests early this morning and last night showed an average of 8Mbps with the highest score being 11Mbps.  Pretty much the same figures for both ingress/egress.  This with signal hovering around -96.  I'm a little less than a half mile from the tower.

I haven't seen a B26 LTE connection since last week as I posted.  My G2 now behaves like it always has and falls-back to PCS eHRPD when in parts of my basement,

I also remember occasionally seeing the 1x800 connection last month or month before.  This was about a half mile down the road futher from the tower where signal becomes weak and once or twice in my basement.  I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this 1x800 either for two weeks or more.

Anybody have any ideas as to why I would have seen the B26 LTE here for a few days and now I don't ?  Any known issues with the G2 in regards to this ?

Edited by johnrockets

I went back a few pages, but couldn't find anything.  What has to happen for a site to get 800 LTE?  I'm in Tucson and because of the international border, Sprint has to wait for permitting.  When it is approved, is it simply a matter of installing a simple card and turning it on, or will the process take months?

I went back a few pages, but couldn't find anything.  What has to happen for a site to get 800 LTE?  I'm in Tucson and because of the international border, Sprint has to wait for permitting.  When it is approved, is it simply a matter of installing a simple card and turning it on, or will the process take months?

The possibilities are not mutually exclusive.

I haven't seen a B26 LTE connection since last week as I posted. My G2 now behaves like it always has and falls-back to PCS eHRPD when in parts of my basement,

I also remember occasionally seeing the 1x800 connection last month or month before. This was about a half mile down the road futher from the tower where signal becomes weak and once or twice in my basement. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this 1x800 either for two weeks or more.

Anybody have any ideas as to why I would have seen the B26 LTE here for a few days and now I don't ? Any known issues with the G2 in regards to this ?

They were probably just testing on your nearest site. LTE 800 is in it's infancy around Chicago, and strange things are bound to happen.