Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

It's coming, but it's likely still several months away. Last I saw, it's probably 3-6 months out unfortunately. July seems to ring some bells....

Thanks, if it wasn't for this site I would be really frustrated.

• Like 2

So what's the expected or estimated avg and peak speeds of 800lte? I don't think I've read anything on that yet.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

37.5mb/ sec maximum, same as band 25, but since the concentration of band 26 enabled devices is much smaller than band 25, you will not only see better coverage, but also better speeds than band 25.

• Like 1

37.5mb/ sec maximum, same as band 25, but since the concentration of band 26 enabled devices is much smaller than band 25, you will not only see better coverage, but also better speeds than band 25.

*drools* I'd love to have band 26 where I'm at. I could care less about band 41, as long as band 26 can stay locked strong even in a steel/metal building I'll be a happy camper. I hope the 800lte rollout is quick even in rural and less populated areas. I believe that band 26 will help Sprint a lot when it comes to coverage.

Also thanks ????

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Edited by ghostkilla1388

sitting at my desk, it just.. popped up on my phone for some ungawdly reason -

My N5 has suddenly been jumping on 1X 800 quite a bit over the past week or so when I am at home. Since I got it in November, that has never happened, and my area has had solid 1X 800 coverage since well before that. I also have a very strong PCS signal at home. Wondering (hoping) if it is something on the network side similar to how LTE network loads can be balanced across bands.

-Mike

• Like 2

My N5 has suddenly been jumping on 1X 800 quite a bit over the past week or so when I am at home. Since I got it in November, that has never happened, and my area has had solid 1X 800 coverage since well before that. I also have a very strong PCS signal at home. Wondering (hoping) if it is something on the network side similar to how LTE network loads can be balanced across bands.

-Mike

I am in the Shentel area with a Galaxy S3.   Before the last PRL update, it would stay on 800 voice forever if I somehow got it on 800 voice.

The 1900 is very very good here, so it was sometimes hard to get it over on 800. But now, with the latest PRL, I find it is almost impossible to force it onto 800.  1900 has a preference in the PRL.  But I have seen some strange things lately.  

I will be on 1900 almost all the time since it is so good and it is preferred in the PRL.  But occasionally I will find that I am idling on 800 for some unknown reason.   My 1900 is normally better than -95 depending on where I am in my home, sometimes as good as -85.  So it is strange to see the phone idle on 800 voice.  It may idle on 800 for a few hours and then for some reason, I will see it back on 1900 voice.  I can not explain it.  I have about no ability to force it onto 800 with the new PRL, but for some unknown reason, I find the phone on 800 voice at times.

I have not noticed a transfer between 800 and 1900 while on a call and I have not had a dropped call for months. I think I like how it seems to be working now.   I suspect with my phone hanging on my belt in an outerbox, the level may be dropping below the -95 that I see on signal check while I hold it or have it on my desk.

I am in the Shentel area with a Galaxy S3.   Before the last PRL update, it would stay on 800 voice forever if I somehow got it on 800 voice.

The 1900 is very very good here, so it was sometimes hard to get it over on 800. But now, with the latest PRL, I find it is almost impossible to force it onto 800.  1900 has a preference in the PRL.  But I have seen some strange things lately.  

I will be on 1900 almost all the time since it is so good and it is preferred in the PRL.  But occasionally I will find that I am idling on 800 for some unknown reason.   My 1900 is normally better than -95 depending on where I am in my home, sometimes as good as -85.  So it is strange to see the phone idle on 800 voice.  It may idle on 800 for a few hours and then for some reason, I will see it back on 1900 voice.  I can not explain it.  I have about no ability to force it onto 800 with the new PRL, but for some unknown reason, I find the phone on 800 voice at times.

I have not noticed a transfer between 800 and 1900 while on a call and I have not had a dropped call for months. I think I like how it seems to be working now.   I suspect with my phone hanging on my belt in an outerbox, the level may be dropping below the -95 that I see on signal check while I hold it or have it on my desk.

i remember one saturday posting in the HD voice thread,

i made some screenshot which showed 1x800 evrc-hw while making an outgoing test call right from my bed..

i wasn't even looking for 1x800.. thought i was connected to 1.9 freq..

odd..

Edited by j'vai

-Mike

same place (at my desk) & i'm stubbornly idling on 1x800..

i switched it off lte, to 3g, going to take an extended lunch break &  ride around dc to see something..

on prl 55018 no roaming

Edited by j'vai

quick question /favor. I have been chatting up @sprintcare  and asked them if and when I would start to see LTE 800 in my area (Petaluma, Ca 94954) and they surprisingly said this spring. I cannot afford to become a premiere sponsor yet and look at the maps for myself but could anyone who does have access just check and see it sprint is talking out their a## or not?

Sprint reps do not know when lte800 (or any nv upgrade) is coming. We have some schedule maps in premier but really they do not mean much.

You will know it is coming when it starts popping up in your area.

Guest DigiClaws

Finally some Band 26 love in SW Fort Worth.

http://imgur.com/m0GCEgA

http://imgur.com/ah8xtrv

http://imgur.com/vy6DGSE

http://imgur.com/8UW4UuF

I'm thinking they are still working on Band 26 tweaking it because as soon as I connected to it, Accuweather seemed to think I was in Texarkana. Who knows. No CDMA 1x800 that I have picked up on.

http://imgur.com/UaIT3a6

I just got an iPhone 5S yesterday and so far no band 26 sightings for me in NWI near my home. I'm working my way towards Premier sponsor, but in the mean time I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume the majority of active band 26 sites is either live in Chicago or further out, in the boondocks.

I just got an iPhone 5S yesterday and so far no band 26 sightings for me in NWI near my home. I'm working my way towards Premier sponsor, but in the mean time I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume the majority of active band 26 sites is either live in Chicago or further out, in the boondocks.

Surprisingly enough, 800 sites are all over the country in big cities and the boondocks alike.

• Like 1