Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Yes, but it was disabled on all of them due to some markets having issues what that phone on 1x800.

Is there any plan on turning it back on? Or is it just disabled permanently. I was thinking of buying the HTC One M7 does that have it?

How's the nexus 5? Does that have spark and support 800 voice? I live very rural and am on the fringe on 1900 voice it shows 800 voice on the tower 8 miles from me. If I can get a phone with that I am certain I'd have better signal at home.

How's the nexus 5? Does that have spark and support 800 voice? I live very rural and am on the fringe on 1900 voice it shows 800 voice on the tower 8 miles from me. If I can get a phone with that I am certain I'd have better signal at home.

Then get the Nexus 5. The spark update is ready but pending the rest of the Android update. The Nexus 5 RF capability is far superior to every other device and will help you very much so in the fringe areas. 

• Like 2

And the Nexus 5 supports the 1x800?

Every Sprint phone sold in the past 2+ years is capable of connecting to CDMA (1X) 800. The Note 2 is the anomaly; it's capable, but Sprint pushed out that custom PRL to those devices to ignore it. I do not believe any other device has similar problems.

-Mike

• Like 1

That would be just my luck to switch to sprint a month ago from Verizon and get the only phone that doesn't connect to 800 haha. What other phones would be good for signal in Fringe areas aside from the nexus 5? Is the G2 similar in signal strength?

That would be just my luck to switch to sprint a month ago from Verizon and get the only phone that doesn't connect to 800 haha. What other phones would be good for signal in Fringe areas aside from the nexus 5? Is the G2 similar in signal strength?

The Nexus is far more superior in RF performance. However, if you're in a good coverage area, you should be fine.

Looks like 1x800 is finally out of testing mode in the Raleigh/Durham area.  I'm picking it up on SID 22438 instead of the testing SID as of today.  Went back to the stock PRL and am still picking it up.  Need to check my wife's iPhone when she gets home too and see if she's getting it now.  Hopefully my Sprint Phone Connect 2 will have a better signal as well because it's been a bit spotty at times.

Maybe some acceptances will show up soon.

• Like 1

Looks like 1x800 is finally out of testing mode in the Raleigh/Durham area. I'm picking it up on SID 22438 instead of the testing SID as of today. Went back to the stock PRL and am still picking it up. Need to check my wife's iPhone when she gets home too and see if she's getting it now. Hopefully my Sprint Phone Connect 2 will have a better signal as well because it's been a bit spotty at times.

Maybe some acceptances will show up soon.

That's awesome! Maybe they'll do the same here in Charlotte too!

-Anthony

• Like 3

I'm assuming that when I'm on 3g it will connect to either 1900 x1 or 800 for voice? Or only when it sees the need for the stronger signal, I'll keep a look out for 800 voice since I've seen some 800lte.

Sent from my HTC One M8

We have two hallways in my high school in Harrisburg, NC (just northeast of Charlotte) and I'm usually roaming on Verizon with 4-5 bars of 1x. Just looked at my phone, it said it was on Sprint with a -103 signal of 1x. Checked the engineering screens and it is on 1x800, SID 22438, Band Class 10. Looks like we're starting to have some publicly available 800 Voice in Charlotte!

-Anthony

• Like 2

So I just purchased the nexus 5 and I live in an area with very poor 1x1900 but wonderful 1x800 but my phone clings on to the weakest 1900 signal with no bars when the 800 kicks in I have 3-4 bars but as soon as I make a call or text it goes right back to the 1900 which is virtually unusable. Is there something I can do to put priority on 800 and 1900 second? Suggestions? Thanks :)

So I just purchased the nexus 5 and I live in an area with very poor 1x1900 but wonderful 1x800 but my phone clings on to the weakest 1900 signal with no bars when the 800 kicks in I have 3-4 bars but as soon as I make a call or text it goes right back to the 1900 which is virtually unusable. Is there something I can do to put priority on 800 and 1900 second? Suggestions? Thanks :)

Use Digiblur's PRL in the Sponsor section

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I haven't seen a B26 LTE connection since last week as I posted.  My G2 now behaves like it always has and falls-back to PCS eHRPD when in parts of my basement,

I'm now seeing the B26 LTE again this morning here.  I hope it sticks around this time.