Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I vote to rename this thread the Speedtest junk yard ;)

Okay, and here is the thread theme song...

AJ

Agreed. Don't know what the point in all of the speedtests.

We all know the configuration of Sprint's LTE network already and the speeds it produces. The other threads seem to talk about about new sites coming online, tracking them down, mapping them, etc.

Does this appear to be Sprint? Or is it something else?

A7A7B8A5-937F-4DAF-984C-09B28C4F69E4-6753-000005A7C5508B75.jpg

Whatever it is, those taller panels weren't there before (I believe), so I assumed it was NV.

Looks like a Clearwire Wimax site to me

LTE is on in southern Brownsville around Rockaway ave. I mapped what I could last night. I believe that probably all of Brownsville is up because I've been randomly connecting to lte all the way up to Pitkin ave for the last two weeks now. I'll to to map out more today.

sprint rep told me that they were informed NYC should be done end of march.

Done by the end of March? No, not a chance. Launched at a certain percentage? Maybe.

Do not ask Sprint reps about Network Vision. They do not have the info you seek.

AJ

• Like 3

Done by the end of March? No, not a chance. Launched at a certain percentage? Maybe.

Do not ask Sprint reps about Network Vision. They do not have the info you seek.

AJ

I just realized thats not what I asked. I asked when would lower manhatten be done, not all of nyc. sorry about that.

Edited by mark p

AJ

sprint rep told me that they were informed NYC should be done end of march.

Not true , because before Sprint LTE was in NYC I read from a very reliable source that Sprint was going for a End of March completion for NYC the latest for us would probably be late April early May if they don't complete in time but I doubt that because Sprint is overhauling LTE for us .

Not true , because before Sprint LTE was in NYC I read from a very reliable source that Sprint was going for a End of March completion for NYC the latest for us would probably be late April early May if they don't complete in time but I doubt that because Sprint is overhauling LTE for us .

There's a reason this site exists. These guys have insider info that neither you or I have. Stop questioning everything they say since they know a lot more about each individual aspect of Sprint's roll out than you or I ever will.

I vote to rename this thread the Speedtest junk yard ;)

At least mine don't take up a full page :P

• Like 3

There's a reason this site exists. These guys have insider info that neither you or I have. Stop questioning everything they say since they know a lot more about each individual aspect of Sprint's roll out than you or I ever will.

Im just stating something I heard omg what happen to freedom of Speech im not combatting anything anyone is saying im just restating something I heard a while ago . It was never that serious .

Per our latest completion update, Sprint has only three completed LTE sites below Central Park, and none of those are below 34th Street. So, they are all in Midtown. LTE in Lower Manhattan will not be complete by the end of this month. You can count on that. Become S4GRU Sponsors, guys, and you could see maps and statistics depicting the progress of Network Vision deployment.

AJ

• Like 4

I think queens has less than 10 towers up for lte. Dont see how they will finish by end of march. Not even end of april at this speed. Maybe end of the year I think.

Im just stating something I heard...

Hearsay is not reliable.

...omg what happen to freedom of Speech...

Freedom of speech does not mean that you can say anything that you want anywhere. This is a privately owned forum, and S4GRU can most certainly restrict what you post here.

AJ

• Like 4

I think queens has less than 10 towers up for lte. Dont see how they will finish by end of march. Not even end of april at this speed. Maybe end of the year I think.

Oh , I didn't know that , I assumed there were more from all the purple on Sensorly , but we will see if what I read will true .

Hearsay is not reliable.

Freedom of speech does not mean that you can say anything that you want anywhere. This is a privately owned forum, and S4GRU can most certainly restrict what you post here.

AJ

Okay ,

Edited by IsaiahL