Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Visiting NY today and tomorrow. Excited to see how much improvement has been made since the last time I been up here (Summer of 2013).

I think LTE was just building out the last time I was in NY.

I m only 45 minutes from NYC....haven't been the there in a year so I can say how far the improvements have come from a year ago....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I m only 45 minutes from NYC....haven't been the there in a year so I can say how far the improvements have come from a year ago....

It's hit or miss on B41. Some places B41 is great, in other places it's near unusable due to saturation. But B25 is phenomenal now. Once WiMax is off it'll be drastically better.

• Like 1

It's hit or miss on B41. Some places B41 is great, in other places it's near unusable due to saturation. But B25 is phenomenal now. Once WiMax is off it'll be drastically better.

i cant wait to see the improvements

• Like 1

Sprint is live underground tremont ave in the Bronx. I didn't think they would get it live this soon. Looks like they are ahead of schedule.

D line is now quite a bit more tolerable.

Edit:Add 145st station to that list! Awesome!

• Like 4

Sprint is live underground tremont ave in the Bronx. I didn't think they would get it live this soon. Looks like they are ahead of schedule.

that's impressive!
  • Like 1

21 stations in the bx!

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx-subway-stations-wired-cell-service-wi-fi-mta-article-1.2433198

• Like 2

New Sprint B41 5th ave off 37th street. Very unexpected. Getting it indoors in that area.

I thought B41 was deployed throughout most of NYC.

I just got an iPhone 6s unlocked model A1633.

Has CA been deployed in NYC? Will I see much better service than with the iPhone 6?

I'm thinking of switching now that I got the 6s that supports CA.

I thought B41 was deployed throughout most of NYC.

I just got an iPhone 6s unlocked model A1633.

Has CA been deployed in NYC? Will I see much better service than with the iPhone 6?

I'm thinking of switching now that I got the 6s that supports CA.

Yes B41 is all over NYC, and in that area theres plenty B41 thats why i found it pretty amazing that they added an additional site.

About CA, unfortunately until the court injunction  is lifted to shutdown wimax, (its occupying an insane amount of spectrum) Sprint cant turn CA on around these parts. 

But I heard its all ready to go, and once on should bring HUGE gains!

Yes B41 is all over NYC, and in that area theres plenty B41 thats why i found it pretty amazing that they added an additional site.

About CA, unfortunately until the court injunction is lifted to shutdown wimax, (its occupying an insane amount of spectrum) Sprint cant turn CA on around these parts.

But I heard its all ready to go, and once on should bring HUGE gains!

What happen to the second carrier for band 25. Why has that not come to fruition? I can understand the hold up for second carrier in band 41. But any spectrum for LTE would be welcome.

What happen to the second carrier for band 25. Why has that not come to fruition? I can understand the hold up for second carrier in band 41. But any spectrum for LTE would be welcome.

My best guess is its much simpler to optimize once both B41 carriers are enabled. Without that second carrier enabled having that second B25 carrier without proper optimization might be a waste of time.

My best guess is its much simpler to optimize once both B41 carriers are enabled. Without that second carrier enabled having that second B25 carrier without proper optimization might be a waste of time.

It takes time to refarm spectrum that is currently in use. They have to shuffle around CDMA carriers on every single site that had spectrum live and configure the parameters for a new lte carrier.
  • Like 3

Is it a conversion from old equipment to 8T8R or is it densification where Sprint is adding NV B25/B26 equipment to the Clear site?

Probably conversion it was another panel there. fd57d0ccf948ca275025218c8c98b4d3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk