Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I don't see a change.

Zoom in and you will see that is different color connection, before was black and no is silver and to the right you will see a blue jacket he was connecting the cables by the time I took my phone to take the picture he moved behind the wall.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Zoom in and you will see that is different color connection, before was black and no is silver and to the right you will see a blue jacket he was connecting the cables by the time I took my phone to take the picture he moved behind the wall.

Take a photograph that shows more details.

Sorry i tried but is rainy and foggy today

Ok thanks, yeah looks like there is a Sprint site not too far from it, so I doubt it would be a full build, perhaps they are changing the antennas to support 8T8R :hmm:

It's a strong possibility

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Optimization of Band 26 has been amazing so far. I remember last year in SUNY Downstate Medical Center, my phone would heat up and die because it would flip between weak EVDO and 1x. Now my phone is on LTE in the same spot with a -107dbm signal. That is a tremendous improvement.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Got B26 today at 116th on the 2/3 platform. First time I've ever gotten it in a subway station. -68dBm about 100 feet from the antennas which is par for the course on B25. Verified no towers close enough to generate that strength. Pretty awesome.

• Like 3

Got B26 today at 116th on the 2/3 platform. First time I've ever gotten it in a subway station. -68dBm about 100 feet from the antennas which is par for the course on B25. Verified no towers close enough to generate that strength. Pretty awesome.

Yep, all the Transit Wireless sites should have both B25 and B26 on air. I usually park on very usable B25 when in Grand Central.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/new-york-city-and-tri-state-area/2015/2H

Already covered on the T-Mobile thread, but maybe Sprint would have beat T-Mobile altogether if CA were enabled when testing was done.

Not having CA Beamforming and extra B25 carrier on is really hurting NYC numbers.

I have seen significant deterioration in network speeds the last 6 months.

On the positive side, Sprint does seem to be doing really well from a sales stand point in and around NYC, thats definitely not helping the speeds.

• Like 3

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/new-york-city-and-tri-state-area/2015/2H

Already covered on the T-Mobile thread, but maybe Sprint would have beat T-Mobile altogether if CA were enabled when testing was done.

But t-mobile was prepping for 20x20 during the testing period which was then live around 11/13 so t-mobile could have done better as well lol

Testing? Ive seen 20x20 Live on T-mobile for months! Well before November.

From what I understand 20x20 was scattered around NYC. LI and Jersey defiantly didn't have it. the rootmetric testing period was 11/3/2015 - 11/10/2015 and according two theses two articles is when 20x20 was fully launched in that testing area. my original post was alittle confusing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3s7m2c/nyc_dchspa_sunset_20x20mhz_lte_coming_soon/

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3smuvk/20x20mhz_lte_live_in_new_york_city/