Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Can't they use pCell for band 41 considering its TDD. Im pretty sure TDD (band 41) will play a huge a roll in Sprints "5G network"

Presently, Artemis pCell is vaporware, unproven.  I do not buy that it is a revolutionary airlink advance.  It appears more like a small cell strategy.  If it were the real deal, then the likes of Qualcomm, NSN, et al., already would have paid mightily to acquire the intellectual property.

AJ

I think Sprint should drop 1900 3G and 1x in NYC and depend on 1x800 for voice to allow for more 1900 LTE. Most phone support 1x800 so people would only be loosing 3G data if they didn't have a LTE phone. I think most 3G phones with 1x800 aren't smart phones so they could even use 1x800 for slower data. I'm sure Sprint doesn't want to take a hit for upgrading phones though. Anyone with an iPhone 4 or 4s would need to upgrade since they left out 1x800 even though ever sprint phone after had it. 

And this could be done nation wide once all the border zoning and reframing is fixed for 800mhz which for voice only is much sooner then for LTE since it only requires 1.25x1.25 

I think Sprint should drop 1900 3G and 1x in NYC and depend on 1x800 for voice to allow for more 1900 LTE. Most phone support 1x800 so people would only be loosing 3G data if they didn't have a LTE phone. I think most 3G phones with 1x800 aren't smart phones so they could even use 1x800 for slower data. I'm sure Sprint doesn't want to take a hit for upgrading phones though. Anyone with an iPhone 4 or 4s would need to upgrade since they left out 1x800 even though ever sprint phone after had it.

And this could be done nation wide once all the border zoning and reframing is fixed for 800mhz which for voice only is much sooner then for LTE since it only requires 1.25x1.25

A single 1x800 carrier is not enough for any market in the USA. Not for voice capacity and would mean shutting down 3G EVDO.

All the carriers are years away from shutting down 3G technologies. Still far too much usage and too many devices still depending on it.

• Like 1

A single 1x800 carrier is not enough for any market in the USA. Not for voice capacity and would mean shutting down 3G EVDO.

All the carriers are years away from shutting down 3G technologies. Still far too much usage and too many devices still depending on it.

Thank you for the insight

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

When the WiMAX shutdown commences in March, will it be an overnight difference in sprint service? Or are we looking at the same pace we've come to experience over the years in network improvements.

Do you happen to know the capacity of a 1x carrier for calls? As in simultaneous calls in one sector?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

When the WiMAX shutdown commences in March, will it be an overnight difference in sprint service? Or are we looking at the same pace we've come to experience over the years in network improvements.

Once WiMax shuts down the 2nd B41 LTE carrier should be fired up in a matter of days. This can be done remotely, so it'll roll out fast. Keep in mind Sprint was all set to do this before the injunction, so they'll be well prepared by the time WiMax can be shut down
  • Like 2

If WiMAX is being used by some organizations, is it limited to select areas/pockets of the city only? Or is WiMAX being kept on through all of Nyc?

Its on everywhere in NYC, but the transition to move them to LTE has already begun..

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7240-its-the-wimax-countdown/?p=464491

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone notice any weird issues with band 41. My home sites are periodically dropping down to band 26 when I disconnect from WiFi. I hope this is showing work is being done because its happening to two separate sites in my immediate vicinity.

Anyone notice any weird issues with band 41. My home sites are periodically dropping down to band 26 when I disconnect from WiFi. I hope this is showing work is being done because its happening to two separate sites in my immediate vicinity.

This could be the start of work for CA Band 41 in NYC.

• Like 3

I've noticed that two sites I'm often connected to have stopped showing Sprint B41 in Signal Check and now say Clearwire B41. Adjustments in progress?

I've noticed that two sites I'm often connected to have stopped showing Sprint B41 in Signal Check and now say Clearwire B41. Adjustments in progress?

That would sort of be a downgrade, I think. Unless you are connecting to closer sites that only had WiMax beacuse it couldn't broadcast both signals but has been switched over to LTE remotely

That would sort of be a downgrade, I think. Unless you are connecting to closer sites that only had WiMax beacuse it couldn't broadcast both signals but has been switched over to LTE remotely

I think what he getting at is that they had to shut down the Sprint band 41 in order to to do work on it. Like a second carrier or CA maybe who knows

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Edited by Camcroz

I think what he getting at is that they had to shut down the Sprint band 41 in order to to do work on it. Like a second carrier or CA maybe who knows

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was a Signal Check Pro error, or if software adjustments to the site made it report something other than what it had been, but it's back to Sprint B41 now.  Still horrendous speeds though.  Any moment now, and it will be glorious.

I was hoping by the superbowl we would see some B41 second carrier, but I guess that's probably not gonna happen.

mmmmm no! It 7 am on a sunday and I can't get speeds more than an unloaded ev-do connection. Pings are good but it gets worse from here on out. Sad is this use to be a more consistent tower I'm glad more people have triband devices but its sucking resources.

Do idle connections take up a time slot or would this be to some few but deligent individuals downloading over sprints lte network?

5f5c832e433e0be0998f4eb0d53b9eb0.jpg

They are actually removing the sites completely that will be some time before live launch then. There are a lot of wimax sites up..... Mmmmmmm

They are actually removing the sites completely that will be some times then cuz there are a lot of wimax sites up..... Mmmmmmm

Wow! Awesome to wake up to see that he actually responded to my tweet.

I'm pretty sure he meant disabled. Wimax equipment in NYC isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Samsung equipment supports multiple carriers and CA. Just lacks the more fancy Higher X MIMO and Beamforming orders.

• Like 2

Yeah, the equipment doesn't have to be physically removed in order for B41 LTE to take its place. Don't take that literally.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2