Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I was curious about that, considering that they go to whichever tower's ready to be upgraded, no matter the location (I think?), it's interesting to see that the vast majority of those towers are in The Bronx. The NV rollout in other markets seem to be a bit more random.

If this pattern continues I wonder which borough (or Westchester) is next once The Bronx is completed.

It may be just be that permitting, access and what not is easier on sites in the Bronx. So, they get done first. The other boroughs may not be completed the same way. But again, that's speculation, we'll just have to steer what happens.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

You never know. Maybe Sprint will accept a ton of these 3G sites as 4G sites all of sudden. And then you have widespread LTE all of a sudden. Many will be happy. Many will be sad because there isn't more expansive coverage.

• Like 1

The bronx is coming along nicely (im happily getting about 15-25mb sec near my home) but its a relief to see other boroughs finally get some love...

I got LTE signal today at Paulding, Gun Hill and Boston road, Arnow and Boston road towards White Plains road..21mb down 5.8mbs up

I tried to sensorly it but for some reason it gave me an error when I tried to map it

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 1

Remember that tower that had consistently good 3G until recently.

Well turns out they were indeed working on it becuase now I got LTE baby.....19 MBps down and 9 Mbps up -97 dbm signal strength.

For some reason Sensorly doesn't want to map the location. Keep saying 0 LTE points.

Remember that tower that had consistently good 3G until recently.

Well turns out they were indeed working on it becuase now I got LTE baby.....19 MBps down and 9 Mbps up -97 dbm signal strength.

For some reason Sensorly doesn't want to map the location. Keep saying 0 LTE points.

You need to be able to connect to GPS for it to map points. If you're indoors, this is likely your problem.

I didn't realize that at first either but it makes sense that it can't plot points on a map without knowing where you are on the map! ;)

I knew it required GPS to map points but I didn't realize that the phone wasn't able to lock my cooridinates, hence causing Sensorly iuuses

That's bananas. I've never seen speeds in the 30 range in the Bronx. I can't wait till lte coverage is widespread throughout the city. I'm looking forwardtotheday when all NYC has NV complete so that I won't have to rollback to 1x rtt speeds in some areas.

I believe this is the tower.

I was about 100 feet away when I got the 31 MBps speed

That doesn't look like Sprint panels, but you certainly are very close to get those speeds! Perhaps you can use the sponsor maps to better define where the tower is?

That's bananas. I've never seen speeds in the 30 range in the Bronx. I can't wait till lte coverage is widespread throughout the city. I'm looking forwardtotheday when all NYC has NV complete so that I won't have to rollback to 1x rtt speeds in some areas.

You are right.

I assumed I was on Morris Park Av but it was actually Bronxdale Av