Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Just to give you guys some updates on the bk sensory signal.. I was unable to get a signal. My assumption is that it must have been enabled for testing purposes. Sorry guys, but I'm sure it's coming REAL SOON.

Bummer... oh well... at least we know it's getting closer.... closer... closer....

I think the Brooklyn signal was up high at that location. There is an elevated train platform there. You probably will not get it at street level. But it may have been testing, as described above.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I actually got 4G LTE in a few spots today. The speed is still really slow for LTE but it was there. It works in Morris park, down by Allerton ave+white plains road and also at the BJs down off Boston Rd.

The speed are no better than what I had with 4G on my Epic touch but they are faster than the 3G.

Are we ever gonna get speeds anywhere close to what ATT and Verizon have? I can dream, cant I?

I actually got 4G LTE in a few spots today. The speed is still really slow for LTE but it was there. It works in Morris park, down by Allerton ave+white plains road and also at the BJs down off Boston Rd.

The speed are no better than what I had with 4G on my Epic touch but they are faster than the 3G.

Are we ever gonna get speeds anywhere close to what ATT and Verizon have? I can dream, cant I?

You probably had a weak signal. I ran speedtest while I was mapping that area on Sensorly and got as high as 31 MBps average was in the high teens.

The tower is at Morris Park & Fowler Av

• Like 1

You probably had a weak signal. I ran speedtest while I was mapping that area on Sensorly and got as high as 31 MBps average was in the high teens.

The tower is at Morris Park & Fowler Av

Are you still using the Sprint rom or are you rooted? I actually ran the test on MorrisPark ave + Tenbroek ave and was only getting 6-7Mbps down.

I noticed on sensorly by JFK airport and Howard Beach area in Queens it's lit up. Was in Howard beach area and didn't get anything? Anyone know anything?

Are you looking at the right map? There is no LTE showing up on Sensorly in Queens at all, nor near JFK.

I wasn't sure how to upload a pic using a mobile device, so I uploaded it to tinypic. http://i48.tinypic.com/350qgcw.jpg

It shows light purple in that area, which should reflect a weak, but some type of signal.

Ok, hate to tell you, but that's just Apple Maps. That's the color they use for airports.

• Like 3

I wasn't sure how to upload a pic using a mobile device, so I uploaded it to tinypic. http://i48.tinypic.com/350qgcw.jpg

It shows light purple in that area, which should reflect a weak, but some type of signal.

That purple you are seeing their means that its an airport. All airport are purple on google and apple maps

Yup sprint will have 4G LTE on Virgin mobile and Boostmobile by the 1Q

Correct. Even the Note2 has tons of coding already in place to support different features for virgin Mobile and boost.

Sent from a little old Note 2

I know their is coverage area in the Bronx and they have that light purple area their as well. So Apple maps are screwed up!!!

Apple Maps is just using a color purple to denote airports that is not very complimentary to Sensorly's purple color to show 4G coverages. If the color purple is uniform over a very specific area, it clues us in that it is not the coverage purple.

Robert

• Like 1

I think the Brooklyn signal was up high at that location. There is an elevated train platform there. You probably will not get it at street level. But it may have been testing, as described above.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I actually tried out LTE from obove on the train platform and walked around the area, but no dice...also the train platform in that area is farely low.. So i dont know how much difference a 30ft elevation would make.
  • Like 1

you should look back a couple pages of this thread you will see plenty of users getting over 20mbs and awesome pings that wimax can only dream of

Today in Co Op City at Bally's I briefly received 4G speeds of 5-6mbs down 2-3mbs up. I went to Bruiner Avenue, and Bartow and was totally wrapped in LTE recieving 5-6mbs down. and 2-3mbs up. Last week at Gun Hill, and Paulding through Allerton Avenue d 21mbs and 5-6mbs up. I believe the Bronx will be more consistent speed wise as more sites start popping on.

Patience is whats needed most now for the NYC market.

W 44-50 in manhattan have solid purple and when I click on them it shows LTE. Is this confirmed because I didn't notice anyone speaking about it???

That's been there for quite some time. I think the excitement of that one wore off, so there haven't been any posts lately.

• Like 2