Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I can't see NYC being launched this year. Until they can play catch up due to Hurricane Sandy like 100 sites being launched they are still way too far behind to consider it market ready. Smaller cities you can get away with this but cities like NYC and LA this is a huge no no especially if certain areas do not have any LTE coverage at all.

To have areas dense with LTE is one thing which is not an expectation but it is another thing when areas that should be covered under that market do not have any LTE sites within a 10 mile radius.

I can't see NYC being launched this year. Until they can play catch up due to Hurricane Sandy like 100 sites being launched they are still way too far behind to consider it market ready. Smaller cities you can get away with this but cities like NYC and LA this is a huge no no especially if certain areas do not have any LTE coverage at all.

To have areas dense with LTE is one thing which is not an expectation but it is another thing when areas that should be covered under that market do not have any LTE sites within a 10 mile radius.

Remember that the 3G only sites are quick and easy to get 4G LTE running on. However, there has not been a lot of movement in NYC since the hurricane. So if things don't get moving again, then you may very well end up being correct.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Lte spotted on hutchison parkway by mercy college in the Bronx.. Came out of class and was suprised to see lte POP up

Nice! This is very close to my house. I thought they might be working on the tower by me the other day since they had the sidewalk under the building roped off underneath the panels. I did not get home until late last night so I didn't even think to check. I'll make sure i check later today.

Hopefully I can grab the signal.

Remember that the 3G only sites are quick and easy to get 4G LTE running on. However, there has not been a lot of movement in NYC since the hurricane. So if things don't get moving again, then you may very well end up being correct.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

On a side note, good to see you still actively responding to post Robert. We all appreciate the work you put into this site. Hope your well man...
  • Like 1

I was going to my friends house last night up the block from me ringing his door when I saw a 4G icon on my Evo LTE I obviously at that moment went to speed test and capture it... It was on some metro pcs status speed at his location but on my way home this morning did another in the surrounding area along the 4 line in NYC in the Bronx and got a much more wanted result but probably not consistent...

When you say 3G only? do you mean no voice and only data? or are you referring to NV upgraded sites?

Thanks

I'm referring to Sites that have received Network Vision upgrades where only the 3G is currently accepted from Sprint.

Robert

• Like 1

I'm referring to Sites that have received Network Vision upgrades where only the 3G is currently accepted from Sprint.

Robert

Does a 3g updated site mean backhaul is definitely in place? Or just that the new antennas were added.

I just received an LTe signal at my home. :) Fired up sensorly. Is there any way i can figure out which antenna site im connected to? Or view LTE signal strength?

Edit: found the LTE Engineering menu.

Also if you download the latest version of CDMA fieldtest from the Play store you can view signal strength.

• Like 1

Does a 3g updated site mean backhaul is definitely in place? Or just that the new antennas were added.

This is what I think and I hope Robert could say otherwise I hope. But in my area ever around October I am now getting more bars at home before it was always 3 or 2 now I get 4 bars, I think They added new antennas because I am now getting more signals. speed is a whole lot faster at night but still remains slow in the day

Just got LTE at home for the first time ever. I'm in the 170th street and clay avenue area. I fired up sensorly so it should show up soon. The signal isn't very strong, but to have 4g at home is great. I'm sure it will improve as more towers are lit up. My speeds are on the weak side, which means I'm far from the tower, and range from 1.5-6 mbps. It's still way better than the 1xRTT I was getting yesterday.

• Like 1