Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I actually got 4G LTE in a few spots today. The speed is still really slow for LTE but it was there. It works in Morris park, down by Allerton ave+white plains road and also at the BJs down off Boston Rd.

The speed are no better than what I had with 4G on my Epic touch but they are faster than the 3G.

Are we ever gonna get speeds anywhere close to what ATT and Verizon have? I can dream, cant I?

A lot of the speeds reported on here show in excess of 20mbps on the downlink, which is on par, if not better, than the other two.

Keep in mind, Sprint is deploying LTE on 1/2 the spectrum as Verizon, but thankfully 1/2 the customers.

1/2 the spectrum will be really bad if AT&T and Verizon customers get sick of tiered data and then we don't have enough spectrum, that's a problem.

No it's not. Sprint can deploy more LTE carriers for more customer capacity. More LTE carriers in PCS. More in SMR. And ultimately, more with Clearwire and EBS/BRS. Sprint is actually in the best spectrum position of all.

Robert

• Like 2

A lot of the speeds reported on here show in excess of 20mbps on the downlink, which is on par, if not better, than the other two.

Keep in mind, Sprint is deploying LTE on 1/2 the spectrum as Verizon, but thankfully 1/2 the customers.

1/2 the spectrum will be really bad if AT&T and Verizon customers get sick of tiered data and then we don't have enough spectrum, that's a problem.

U also have to remember that even that sprint right now is only doing 5x5 mhz lte in pcs block. Verizon and att are using 700 mhz to deploy there lte. PCS requires more sites to cover the same area as 700 mhz. So actually I would worry about verizon and att customers getting the slow down. Also u have to remember that sprint is still in deployment, give it time. As robert said above, sprint has room to add more lte carriers in pcs. Sprint is actually thinking with network vision, Just wait. U will see verizon and att fellowing steps to merge all the equipment they have into streamline system likes sprint.

U also have to remember that even that sprint right now is only doing 5x5 mhz lte in pcs block. Verizon and att are using 700 mhz to deploy there lte. PCS requires more sites to cover the same area as 700 mhz. So actually I would worry about verizon and att customers getting the slow down. Also u have to remember that sprint is still in deployment, give it time. As robert said above, sprint has room to add more lte carriers in pcs. Sprint is actually thinking with network vision, Just wait. U will see verizon and att fellowing steps to merge all the equipment they have into streamline system likes sprint.

Yep, I've been following it closely (one of the perks of working for Sprint ;) ), so I'm really looking forward to baked clusters of LTE.

What Sprint customers will really benefit from is the almost 1:1 ratio, EVDO to LTE, where every tower will transmit LTE and EVDO signals. So if you have 3G now, you'll have LTE later.

• Like 1

A couple of firends at work have Verizon and from time to time their phones cannot get an LTE signal.

I think our work location is at the edge of that towers reach so the signal goes in and out.

This a prime example of Verizon 700Mhz LTE having farther reach but not as dense coverage.

• Like 2

A couple of firends at work have Verizon and from time to time their phones cannot get an LTE signal.

I think our work location is at the edge of that towers reach so the signal goes in and out.

This a prime example of Verizon 700Mhz LTE having farther reach but not as dense coverage.

I am so aware of that. I was getting 1 bar of LTE from Verizon. it was slower then Sprint 3G. I was at an area that just didn't have any 3G or LTE from Verizon. After dealing with it for 2 years, I left and came to Sprint. Now I have full bars of 3G but not usable. But that means I get full bars of LTE so I am looking forward to a great relationship...

Verizon isn't what it is made out to be. They are just expensive provider that doesn't budge on anything.

I think that's where the differentiator will be. On the Sprint side, since each PCS tower will also broadcast LTE, the coverage will be much more uniform.

Waiting patiently for my market...

No it's not. Sprint can deploy more LTE carriers for more customer capacity. More LTE carriers in PCS. More in SMR. And ultimately, more with Clearwire and EBS/BRS. Sprint is actually in the best spectrum position of all.

Robert

Actually now that you mention this post. I realize the benefit of Sprints decision to deploy LTE in 5x5 configurations. It kind of serves as a sort of limiter so that no 1 user is using up a ridiculous amount of bandwidth. Would this be an accurate assumption? That kind of implies that having two separate 5x5 LTE channels can handle more connections than a single 10x10Mhz LTE channel. Or at least helps the network hold that many connections more efficiently.

Actually now that you mention this post. I realize the benefit of Sprints decision to deploy LTE in 5x5 configurations. It kind of serves as a sort of limiter so that no 1 user is using up a ridiculous amount of bandwidth. Would this be an accurate assumption? That kind of implies that having two separate 5x5 LTE channels can handle more connections than a single 10x10Mhz LTE channel. Or at least helps the network hold that many connections more efficiently.

Definitely another advantage. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Since having the Note 2, I have yet to download the Sensorly app until today and noticed the purple dots all over the Bronx. WOW.

a few in Manhattan, none in Queens and only one in Bushwick Brooklyn lol I swear the day that the panels that are one block away from my house here in Queens get lit up, I am going to give out such a happy yell that I think Robert will hear me from out west.

TS

• Like 3

Since having the Note 2, I have yet to download the Sensorly app until today and noticed the purple dots all over the Bronx. WOW.

a few in Manhattan, none in Queens and only one in Bushwick Brooklyn lol I swear the day that the panels that are one block away from my house here in Queens get lit up, I am going to give out such a happy yell that I think Robert will hear me from out west.

TS

The Bronx is getting strong baby....I got LTE signal at Friday's on gun Hill road and I95, and LTE signal from Co Op City Bartow Avenue continuously to that point, and also on Boston Road near Pelham at the Vitamin Shoppe, and BJ's shopping plaza on Pelham Parkway of Westchester going into Mt. Vernon.The Bartow Avenue Co Op City, and Gunhill area towards I95 I get 7mbs down, and 5MBS up. At the BJ's shopping plaza in Pelham NY I got 11.5 down and 5mbs up. I also am getting "QWIK" pings for 40-60ms in these area's for any one that wants to know.

For some reason when I try to map on Sensorly it gives me an error so I can't map it in purple! :(

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 1

Just caught an LTE signal inside the McDonald's on Empire Blvd. Lasted from there until I got inside the Prospect Park subway station. Just mapped it with Sensorly.

• Like 1

The Bronx is getting strong baby....I got LTE signal at Friday's on gun Hill road and I95, and LTE signal from Co Op City Bartow Avenue continuously to that point, and also on Boston Road near Pelham at the Vitamin Shoppe, and BJ's shopping plaza on Pelham Parkway of Westchester going into Mt. Vernon.The Bartow Avenue Co Op City, and Gunhill area towards I95 I get 7mbs down, and 5MBS up. At the BJ's shopping plaza in Pelham NY I got 11.5 down and 5mbs up. I also am getting "QWIK" pings for 40-60ms in these area's for any one that wants to know.

For some reason when I try to map on Sensorly it gives me an error so I can't map it in purple! :(

I'm in co-op city is this my speed :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-4803-13553684203733_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Just caught an LTE signal inside the McDonald's on Empire Blvd. Lasted from there until I got inside the Prospect Park subway station. Just mapped it with Sensorly.

This sounds Great! but dont see anything on sensorly..did you start mapping the trip?

i guess queens is the last stop for developing LTE. do you guys know why they deployed Bronx first?

No reason other than those sites were ready first. It's possible that permitting in that area is easier, or it was easier to get fiber to those towers first. They didn't choose to do the Bronx first, it was just ready first, so they started working there.