Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Just got LTE at home for the first time ever. I'm in the 170th street and clay avenue area. I fired up sensorly so it should show up soon. The signal isn't very strong, but to have 4g at home is great. I'm sure it will improve as more towers are lit up. My speeds are on the weak side, which means I'm far from the tower, and range from 1.5-6 mbps. It's still way better than the 1xRTT I was getting yesterday.

Network Vision is on track to be fully deployed in that area by Nov 30th, 2012, and many other areas in the Bronx.

That's great news. If you don't mind me asking, how did you acquire this information?

Network Vision is on track to be fully deployed in that area by Nov 30th, 2012, and many other areas in the Bronx.

I called sprint and they checked for any updates in my area which is Corona Queens and they told me that LTE Should be Lunched from Nov. 29- Dec-30th so any day in between we will see LTE in the City of NYC.

That's great news. Perhaps AlcaLu is putting the finishing touches on Network Vision sites that are already completed so that NYC can have a soft launch with decent coverage. Because other than the Bronx, the other boroughs are lacking.

• Like 1

awesome news. we really need LTE on our new phones. thanks to members on this forum, i didnt switch out to other carrier and ordered airave for free and good deal on galaxy s3. so far, i am happy with my choice. but we need LTE soon.

• Like 1

i see some good improvement in 3G speed in queens NY. however, they need some work to do near little neck and close to long island. it is very odd that sometimes in little neck, i get under 100ms ping and around 1mbps download speed, but if i run the test again few minutes later, i get 500ms ping and .05mbps download speed.

This will not happen. It's not possible, there are not enough towers completed, and not enough time for enough towers to be completed by that time. Sprint Customer Service does not know when NV will be complete, we have mounds of evidence that they routinely give inaccurate information to callers. NYC will not see a launch in November, and probably not in December either. There will be more and more towers completed in the coming weeks, but nothing close to a launch until probably January, unless they are really able to speed things up in the next two weeks.

• Like 1

little neck is in the borderline of queens and nassau. but little neck is still in queens.

Little Neck is on the border between the NYC Market and the Long Island Market. Half of Little Neck may get NV with the NYC upgrades, and the other half may have to wait for the Long Island upgrades to start later next year.

• Like 1

After the hurricane, Sprint failed to deliver on a contract I have with them, after speaking with Executive Services, on Friday. Sprint called me Monday, and today Wednesday(11/28/2012) I received another call about services in my area.

According to the information from Sprint, Network Vision was being deployed whilst ignoring the upcoming hurricane. When the hurricane came, it damaged equipment all over the Bronx. Their first priority was to repair the equipment to at least pre-Network Vision levels, then to restart and or complete the Network Vision work already started as part of over all repairs. Most if not all repairs in The Bronx are on schedule to be completed with Network Vision in most places, like Grand Concourse, by November 30th, 2012.

This will not happen. It's not possible, there are not enough towers completed, and not enough time for enough towers to be completed by that time. Sprint Customer Service does not know when NV will be complete, we have mounds of evidence that they routinely give inaccurate information to callers. NYC will not see a launch in November, and probably not in December either. There will be more and more towers completed in the coming weeks, but nothing close to a launch until probably January, unless they are really able to speed things up in the next two weeks.

1.) Unlike a good number of the people that live in Manhattan, I don't think that my borough(Bronx) is the entire New York City. I was responding to someone's comments about a specific area in The Bronx. 2.) I did not call Sprint customer service, Sprint Executive Services called me to let me know the status of my surrounding network, and the areas that I was interested in. 3.) Sprint was behind schedule before the hurricane, they are just now getting done restoring service to the levels they were before the hurricane.

After the hurricane, Sprint failed to deliver on a contract I have with them, after speaking with Executive Services, on Friday. Sprint called me Monday, and today Wednesday(11/28/2012) I received another call about services in my area.

According to the information from Sprint, Network Vision was being deployed whilst ignoring the upcoming hurricane. When the hurricane came, it damaged equipment all over the Bronx. Their first priority was to repair the equipment to at least pre-Network Vision levels, then to restart and or complete the Network Vision work already started as part of over all repairs. Most if not all repairs in The Bronx are on schedule to be completed with Network Vision in most places, like Grand Concourse, by November 30th, 2012.

1.) Unlike a good number of the people that live in Manhattan, I don't think that my borough(Bronx) is the entire New York City. I was responding to someone's comments about a specific area in The Bronx. 2.) I did not call Sprint customer service, Sprint Executive Services called me to let me know the status of my surrounding network, and the areas that I was interested in. 3.) Sprint was behind schedule before the hurricane, they are just now getting done restoring service to the levels they were before the hurricane.

I understand that you were referencing Bronx, but others after you weren't. I apologize if you felt I was telling you off.

I wonder then, what they consider to be fully deployed, because from what I can see, they're not close, even in Bronx. Are the referring to just the repairs? Because that could make sense. I do not know what sort of information to expect from Sprint Executive Services, as I haven't seen any interactions with them before.

You may know if this already, but just in case, we do have more information available to site sponsors, including an up-to-date map of all NV completed towers, and maps of all Sprint tower locations.

I apologize as well if my response came off as offensive, but it was in responding to your comment, which I was under the impression it directed at me, since you quoted me, and only me.

Sprint was already behind schedule as it was before the hurricane, so I don't believe they are finished. My understanding of the information provided was that the towers in The Bronx that were being worked on already for NV, and the ones that were damaged, are the ones receiving this advance repair option.

Executive Services, is "*suppose*" to be the highest level of customer service, as provided be Dan H, any time I have had an issue I normally use the online chat or regular customer service if not near a computer, but this time I the problem was too big, and I have been meaning to call them to see what its like. With all that said their information could be as bad as regular customer service, though the person that contacted me today, was able to provide the tower's address, he was supposedly in direct contact with the crew manager handling my near by tower.

Edited by JacobSDN1

The Anticipated Launch date is constantly moving later and later. Now it shows Jan 2013. And I am still having Service issues because of Sandy. Even through this, I am waiting and waiting for LTE....

Yes, there has been delays in Network Vision in general, and Sandy related delays have caused even more delay.

Robert

What about Queens?? When will we see some love?? Anyone have any information on Queens?

FRANK AND ESTELLE COSTANZA NEED LTE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEMHtoWGLW0

;)

AJ

• Like 4

What I've noticed is that my phone (Note II) tries to stay connected to a very weak LTE signal even when 3G signal is much better.

Sometimes the LTE signal is so weak it is not even usable, meaning the phone isn't able to transmit nor receive data.

Very annoying but I guess it will be a non issue once LTE coverage becomes more prevalent

• Like 3

What I've noticed is that my phone (Note II) tries to stay connected to a very weak LTE signal even when 3G signal is much better.

Sometimes the LTE signal is so weak it is not even usable, meaning the phone isn't able to transmit nor receive data.

Very annoying but I guess it will be a non issue once LTE coverage becomes more prevalent

is it in the bronx

Sprint is playing with me.. I came home and my iphone connected to Lte first time it has went further from 233rd whiteplains road to 241st. I get 1 bar 2mbps hey better than nothing

It will get better and better every few weeks as the deployment continues.

Robert

I rather have that than have my phone connect to and disconnect from LTE at will despite still having pretty decent signal strength.