Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

You think LTE going to launch

In Dec

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I think we will see it Launch next year things are going so slow sprint need to work faster. As i was reading report Verizon will be done with its LTE by mid of 2013 and getting rid of 3G and 1X everyone should get a 4G LTE phone. I understand sprint is rebuilding there sites but they are taking way to long.

• Like 1

They just should of added new LTE antennas Like other companies are doing!

That's the worst thing Sprint can do.

You do realize that other companies are not just adding LTE antennas. They are adding LTE antennas, base stations, and dedicated backhaul for those antennas. Eventually they'll need to come back to the site to do upgrades or enhance their 3Gs.

Sprint is essentially building out a totally upgraded network, new antennas, new backhaul, new multi-mode base stations, etc.

I've seen my 3G speeds go north of 2mbps now, on a consistent basis, and LTE speeds of over 25mbps. That is on all new equipment, so all users who are on Sprint, 3G or 4G LTE, will see the benefits.

• Like 1

That's also sort of because there are literally hundreds of towers in such a small area that it is hard to just do cover a large area with LTE in a short time.

One thing I can tell you is, that there are only a few towers in the bronx area, and it does a pretty good job of covering a wide area,(most likely due to less obstruction in the bronx) so I dont see it being a huuuge complication in the outer boroughs to get by with less towers that cover longer distances. If you notice in Midtown (massive high rises other objects and many antennas) the coverage is very weak vs the coverage of the bronx..

One thing I can tell you is, that there are only a few towers in the bronx area, and it does a pretty good job of covering a wide area,(most likely due to less obstruction in the bronx) so I dont see it being a huuuge complication in the outer boroughs to get by with less towers that cover longer distances. If you notice in Midtown (massive high rises other objects and many antennas) the coverage is very weak vs the coverage of the bronx..

I think that if they upgrade at a constant pace, I would be happy. There is no arguing that the hurricane slowed down production. It is going on 3 weeks now and there is still neighborhoods and a couple of buildings on Lower Manhattan without power. I don't blame them for taking so long. I have a feeling that the Sprint contractors will get on the ball as soon as the city is back to normal and you will start seeing upgrades pop up everywhere.

I think we will see it Launch next year things are going so slow sprint need to work faster. As i was reading report Verizon will be done with its LTE by mid of 2013 and getting rid of 3G and 1X everyone should get a 4G LTE phone. I understand sprint is rebuilding there sites but they are taking way to long.

You do know that Sprint is rolling out their LTE just as fast, if not faster than any of the other carriers? You are very impressed with Verizon's LTE coverage but you gotta remember that they first launched their LTE in December 2010 vs July 2012 for Sprint. Now considering that Verizon had a year and a half head start over Sprint and Sprint is only gonna be finishing about 6 months after Verizon, I think Sprint's moving at a very fast pace and you need to just stop being impatient.

• Like 5

This is ridiculous. I am ready to switch to another company. I hate having slow speeds. If I could at least get 1mb up and down. I wouldn't mind but 0.24 down not acceptable.

Switch if you must, no one here is going to force you to stay with Sprint, just don't complain to us. There is nothing we can do about it. This site if for people looking for information about Sprint, not a place for people to complain.

Just know that you are in an active deployment area, and are going to see the results of NV a lot sooner than most people in the country.

No one can force me to stay, I have to right to say how I feel. If u don't like it don't read my comment. Not complaining just saying my speed is unacceptable. I post on here all the time.

Your in the bronx! Definitely should not take it for granted...the bronx is the only borough with some decent 4G coverage..I have more empathy for some of the other members and sprint customers that have yet to even see the first sign of 4G in there vicinity. But besides all that, I would assume that most members that follow this forum (and not just this thread) have a new found appreciation of the scale and the hard work that's being put into this deployment, plus the technology going into it is quite impressive compared to the "competitors" and as other members have pointed out, this deployment is going quite quickly in comparison to those other guys..Take a look @ sensorly and zoom out on ATT's 4G coverage and that will give you a pretty good idea of how fast Sprint is moving!
  • Like 1

No one can force me to stay, I have to right to say how I feel. If u don't like it don't read my comment. Not complaining just saying my speed is unacceptable. I post on here all the time.

You know as a person that actually follows this site and knows that there are upgrades taking place, let alone someone who has connected to LTE and see how fast it is, I am pretty disappointed at this sudden desperation post. Knowing that upgrades are coming should help you cope, not make your frustration worse. I would expect that from people that don't follow this site and don't know that upgrades are on the way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not scolding you because I'm not your dad, but just wanna say that if anything knowing upgrades are under way in your area should make you excited. But it doesn't help that this website elevates excitement and anticipation into obsession. But I ain't mad, I'm obsessed and I love it. Can't wait for LTE!

It's all bs I have no lte

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You are not in the NYC market according to your previous posts, but in the long island market (a second round market starting now) instead. I don’t know what you are getting at by saying that "it's all bs" you can clearly see that there are people accessing the upgraded cell sites. If you just have market envy, I suggest you find a more appropriate outlet for your frustration.

• Like 2

What is BS is all the negativity that has appeared in this thread. Some of these posts border on being violative of our posting guidelines. Please take a moment to re-read them. Thanks.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 4

Let's calm It down a bit...I'm not in envy...I'm jus tired that's all not trying to make the thread hostile....If can hold on to my evo 4g with no 4g and now have evo lte with no current lte I can wait

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I think the difference is that we all know LTE is coming, and it is coming soon. Especially in markets such as NYC. It's just a matter of the work getting done. Till then, we'll all still use our phones like we do, and deal with whatever issues we have now.

I've seen first-hand what work it takes to get a site deployed with Network Vision, and have respect for the work the crews all have to do.

I had a little time on my hands and decided to roll up to 45 st and 6th ave-the first 4 scores are Sprint LTE :) :) :)

I'm loving this since my office is right on the corner of 45th and 6th. I also just ordered a galaxy nexus which will arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to taste the LTE action + Stock Android.

• Like 2

I'm loving this since my office is right on the corner of 45th and 6th. I also just ordered a galaxy nexus which will arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to taste the LTE action + Stock Android.

Seriously? You'll love the LTE speeds there ;)