Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

On 2/17/2023 at 4:07 PM, RedSpark said:

Still nothing on our account...

We're on Sprint Max.

Nothing on mine, biz account 10 lines....Makes it a pain to upgrade phones, still goes through sprint.  The last one, the idiot CS guy billed me for the whole phone instead of the credits, and return package for the old device credit.. smh, Even when I reminded him to send out the device return kit.

On the flip side, called in, got the credit out right, kept the s-20 ultra... soooo I guess I'll use it for the next 1

IF they ever switch ours

On 2/13/2023 at 9:44 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

That's a really weird outage. S21 Ultra, no issue so far. Didn't hear any complaints from my family in KC also on my account. Hopefully whatever it was is about solved!

There was no issue in Utah that I was aware of, I have S-20, S-22 Ultra, a few I-13a, Pixel 7, few pixel 4a's

• Like 1

15 hours ago, floorguy said:

Nothing on mine, biz account 10 lines....Makes it a pain to upgrade phones, still goes through sprint.  The last one, the idiot CS guy billed me for the whole phone instead of the credits, and return package for the old device credit.. smh, Even when I reminded him to send out the device return kit.

On the flip side, called in, got the credit out right, kept the s-20 ultra... soooo I guess I'll use it for the next 1

IF they ever switch ours

The Sprint website is basically being EOL'd at this point and it's a real pain in the neck.

I had to go into a local store to deal with an issue only to be told when I got there that they never received the equipment to service Sprint customers... So I had to hike over to another store which did.

This has gone on long enough.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RedSpark said:

The Sprint website is basically being EOL'd at this point and it's a real pain in the neck.

I had to go into a local store to deal with an issue only to be told when I got there that they never received the equipment to service Sprint customers... So I had to hike over to another store which did.

Single old Framily line here. Same boat. I guess I understand the Amazon Prime thing holding people up, but way weirder and older plans existed than mine...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedSpark said:

oh here's 1 for you.

SO on that new pixel I added and they charged full price.....

Yeah on that line it says there is a contract on it, starting 1-3-23, ending in 25.....

Uhhhhh I never got ANY paper work.  So now I guess I need to call and fix that... smh

Honestly I think they are going to make more people mad taking this long, than to just kick people over to plans similar with a discount somewhere

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Good news for T-Mobile and AT&T. This is pretty much what T-Mobile has been waiting for to start deploying C-band.

Wonder if these radios will also support just n77 c-cband access for phones that are not ex-DOD compatible?

Hello all, it's been about 3 years since I've visited this website. Good to see some action still going on here! With that being said, I recently shattered the screen on my S21 Ultra. It was going to cost me $300 to replace the screen, however I only have about $125 left to pay off the phone. So, I was just going to upgrade to the S23 Ultra instead of repairing the device. However, the T-Mobile rep told me I am not allowed to upgrade my device because we're still being billed by Sprint. How true is this? He told me nobody on my plan is allowed to upgrade until we are finally transferred to T-Mobile billing. This doesn't seem right. What if one of our phones breaks completely? 🤷😡

9 minutes ago, blakebaa said:

Hello all, it's been about 3 years since I've visited this website. Good to see some action still going on here! With that being said, I recently shattered the screen on my S21 Ultra. It was going to cost me $300 to replace the screen, however I only have about $125 left to pay off the phone. So, I was just going to upgrade to the S23 Ultra instead of repairing the device. However, the T-Mobile rep told me I am not allowed to upgrade my device because we're still being billed by Sprint. How true is this? He told me nobody on my plan is allowed to upgrade until we are finally transferred to T-Mobile billing. This doesn't seem right. What if one of our phones breaks completely? 🤷😡

I'm on Sprint billing and just traded in my S21 (already paid off) to get the S23.  Actually got $400 trade in credit for it.  This was during the pre-order

10 minutes ago, clbowens said:

I'm on Sprint billing and just traded in my S21 (already paid off) to get the S23.  Actually got $400 trade in credit for it.  This was during the pre-order

So the rep at my store is completely wrong? Go figure... It sucks because it's the only store within an hour and a half of me. I'm not quite sure what to do about this. I'd really love to get the new phone, but the guy was very rude to me and not willing to help.. 

1 hour ago, blakebaa said:

So the rep at my store is completely wrong? Go figure... It sucks because it's the only store within an hour and a half of me. I'm not quite sure what to do about this. I'd really love to get the new phone, but the guy was very rude to me and not willing to help.. 

I did mine all in the sprint app.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, blakebaa said:

That is completely false.  You can upgrade and it will not interfere with auto migration at all. 

But it does show well how little the rep knows, so just upgrade in the app or online on the web or by phone.

However, you cannot upgrade a broken device under current offers that I am aware of, so you might have to buy a qualifying device cheaply elsewhere to do the upgrade, or wait for a broken-device upgrade offer, or ......

8 hours ago, clbowens said:

I did mine all in the sprint app.

This is the way.  Put in an online order from the T-Mobile website to get your new phone sent to you and set it up at home without involving the store at all.  The stores really add no additional value in setting up a new phone as all modern phones can migrate their own backed up content over from one phone to another so long as you are going Android to Android or iPhone to iPhone.  With eSIM this has become even easier as you do not even have move a SIM card.  All you need is a reasonably fast internet connection.

• Like 2

Found 2 more expansion sites that are live on I-80 in Nebraska west of North Platte, plus 3 more Sprint conversions, though they are not live yet. Still a few spots where signal drops to roaming for a while, but they are getting really close to having that huge Nebraska gap filled in! All the details are in the Nebraska members thread.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Found 2 more expansion sites that are live on I-80 in Nebraska west of North Platte, plus 3 more Sprint conversions, though they are not live yet. Still a few spots where signal drops to roaming for a while, but they are getting really close to having that huge Nebraska gap filled in! All the details are in the Nebraska members thread.

If anyone happens to be doing any Alabama sites, will you guys share a link with me? I have tried to find any sort of map related to Bama but I don't think anyone is tracking around me. I am close to upgrading.. after 3 years with my Note 20 5g..Nothing really wrong with mine but my wife's won't charge with the plug-in..and she has to use wireless. Just haven't done it yet. Keep hoping we can get a 2-upgrade promo.. but it's always just 1 promo that is great...then the 2nd upgrade is like freaking horrible...no deal on any part of the 2nd upgrade. We want to upgrade together but don't want to have such a huge difference between pricing on the two phones.

59 minutes ago, jonathanm1978 said:

I am close to upgrading.. after 3 years with my Note 20 5g..Nothing really wrong with mine but my wife's won't charge with the plug-in..and she has to use wireless.

If you have not already done so, I would try using a safety pin or small paper clip on your wife's phone to remove any lint. A small amount will prevent USB charging.

12 hours ago, jonathanm1978 said:

If anyone happens to be doing any Alabama sites, will you guys share a link with me? I have tried to find any sort of map related to Bama but I don't think anyone is tracking around me.

Your best bet might just be Cellmapper or the SCP mapping site. See what other people have mapped around you, see what's new. Can't guarantee it's totally accurate since it is all crowd sourced, but if anyone is actually paying attention and setting sites correctly it could be helpful.

• Like 3

Looks like it was a temporary issue.  I'd be surprised if they dropped US Cellular roaming.  I was chatting with someone well-placed at T-Mobile about adding a site to fill a US Cellular roaming gap and was told that the US Cellular roaming agreement is so cheap that it's hard to convince the higher-ups to build new sites in those areas.

- Trip

• Like 6

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/network/t-mobile-advances-5g-standalone-to-deliver-faster-speeds-and-enhanced-performance

4 new VoNR cities: Cincinnati, New Orleans. New York, Seattle.

No mention of official VoNR devices. Previously the s21 was listed iirc

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dkyeager said:

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/network/t-mobile-advances-5g-standalone-to-deliver-faster-speeds-and-enhanced-performance

Interesting, it appears to be working on my S22U. I just band locked my phone to NR and was able to make a call. Previously, the call would immediately fail. TNot sure how else to test it, there is no switch that I can see or entry otherwise to view VoNR.

Edit:

Yep it works!

ErpiAC0.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Someone over on Reddit mentioned it was working in Atlanta as well. Would be interesting to see where else it is already live. 

• Like 1