Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

Just got this via Text

Sprint is now T-Mobile: Starting 4/1/23, Amazon Prime will no longer be included with your plan for the line(s) listed below. Don't worry, more T-Mobile rate plan benefits are coming soon! For more information on how this affects your account, visit http://s.t-mo.co/6Hq6Tn2

Applies to line(s) ending:

XXXX

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pblocal said:

Just got this via Text

Sprint is now T-Mobile: Starting 4/1/23, Amazon Prime will no longer be included with your plan for the line(s) listed below. Don't worry, more T-Mobile rate plan benefits are coming soon! For more information on how this affects your account, visit http://s.t-mo.co/6Hq6Tn2

Applies to line(s) ending:

XXXX

Just got an SMS stating they are adding Netflix On Us. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Just got an SMS stating they are adding Netflix On Us. 

I didn't get that text.  I did follow the link and it was a FAQ about Amazon.  Basically that you are on your own starting April 1st.   There was one line that was interesting,  it mentions rate changes. 

You will receive a separate text message to alert you of when your new rate-plan offer is available, including instructions to redeem.

I have Advantage Unlimited Premium which currently includes Amazon Prime.

Premium used to just show Amazon as another line item it includes.  Now it's been separated out as a distinct item at zero cost extra.  I guess that will make it easy to just delete it on the 30th at midnight.

Interesting that Hulu and TIDAL HiFi currently both show as included although I think that Hulu might have been a stand alone before.  I am pretty sure that it's new for Amazon

"70% of T-Mobile network traffic is 5g" - Neville Ray

• Like 5

On 3/1/2023 at 7:14 AM, Trip said:

Looks like it was a temporary issue.  I'd be surprised if they dropped US Cellular roaming.  I was chatting with someone well-placed at T-Mobile about adding a site to fill a US Cellular roaming gap and was told that the US Cellular roaming agreement is so cheap that it's hard to convince the higher-ups to build new sites in those areas.

Glad to hear that was not a permanent thing. USCC has a significant presence in northern New England; back in the Sprint days, they covered huge areas where Sprint never pursued native coverage. I rarely roam on T-Mobile, but when I do, it's on USCC.

• Like 3

A few more auction 108 2.5GHz licenses granted:

Licensee Name

Market Description Channel Block File Number Callsign
City of Ketchikan d/b/a Ketchikan Public Utilities KETCHIKAN GATEWAY, AK 1    0010206478 WRWK290
City of Ketchikan d/b/a Ketchikan Public Utilities KETCHIKAN GATEWAY, AK 2    0010206478 WRWK291
City of Ketchikan d/b/a Ketchikan Public Utilities KETCHIKAN GATEWAY, AK 3    0010206478 WRWK292
Evolve Cellular Inc. CHURCHILL, NV 1    0010205559 WRWK315
Evolve Cellular Inc. HUMBOLDT, NV 3    0010205559 WRWK316
Evolve Cellular Inc. TRINITY, TX 1    0010205559 WRWK317
Inland Cellular LLC ADAMS, ID 1    0010204528 WRWK306
Inland Cellular LLC BENEWAH, ID 1    0010204528 WRWK307
Inland Cellular LLC BENEWAH, ID 2    0010204528 WRWK308
Inland Cellular LLC IDAHO, ID 1    0010204528 WRWK309
Inland Cellular LLC IDAHO, ID 2    0010204528 WRWK310
Inland Cellular LLC LEWIS, ID 1    0010204528 WRWK311
Inland Cellular LLC LEWIS, ID 2    0010204528 WRWK312
Inland Cellular LLC CHELAN, WA 1    0010204528 WRWK313
Inland Cellular LLC FERRY, WA 1    0010204528 WRWK314
Inland MT LLC FERGUS, MT 1    0010204014 WRWK319
Inland MT LLC FLATHEAD, MT 1    0010204014 WRWK320
Inland MT LLC GLACIER, MT 1    0010204014 WRWK321
Inland MT LLC LAKE, MT 1    0010204014 WRWK322
Inland MT LLC LAKE, MT 2    0010204014 WRWK323
Inland MT LLC MINERAL, MT 1    0010204014 WRWK324
Inland MT LLC MISSOULA, MT 2    0010204014 WRWK325
Inland MT LLC PONDERA, MT 1    0010204014 WRWK326
Inland MT LLC POWELL, MT 1    0010204014 WRWK327
Pathfinder Wireless Corp. LIBERTY, FL 3    0010207853 WRWK295
SKYRIDER COMMUNICATIONS LLC DESHA, AR 1    0010206370 WRWK297
SKYRIDER COMMUNICATIONS LLC DESHA, AR 2    0010206370 WRWK298
Xtreme Enterprises, LLC POTTER, PA 1    0010202511 WRWK293
Xtreme Enterprises, LLC TIOGA, PA 1    0010202511 WRWK294
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, wispiANt said:

Well... I upgraded phones...and went with the Samsung 23 Ultra.. So I assume that I can get all the newer bands of frequency that are being utilized.. I don't think central Alabama is going to light up anything in the ultra wideband in the near future, unless it's birmingham... I live rural between Bham and Montgomery so it's doubtful I see that stuff .. 

I do see the 5G UC when I go into the little town I live close to.. but if I didn't have that Cell Spot... I would be kinda SOL unless it was wifi calling.. hopefully they do some big upgrading soon.

2 hours ago, jonathanm1978 said:

Well... I upgraded phones...and went with the Samsung 23 Ultra.. So I assume that I can get all the newer bands of frequency that are being utilized.. I don't think central Alabama is going to light up anything in the ultra wideband in the near future, unless it's birmingham... I live rural between Bham and Montgomery so it's doubtful I see that stuff .. 

I do see the 5G UC when I go into the little town I live close to.. but if I didn't have that Cell Spot... I would be kinda SOL unless it was wifi calling.. hopefully they do some big upgrading soon.

AT&T managed to tie up T-Mobile's Auction 108 2.5GHz winnings for rural areas for now.  May need to wait for a 5th commissioner.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

On 2/24/2023 at 10:51 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

Found 2 more expansion sites that are live on I-80 in Nebraska west of North Platte, plus 3 more Sprint conversions, though they are not live yet. Still a few spots where signal drops to roaming for a while, but they are getting really close to having that huge Nebraska gap filled in! All the details are in the Nebraska members thread.

2 of those Sprint conversions were live on Saturday. That leaves only one left and T-Mobile will have converted all of the former Sprint sites west of Lincoln on I-80 in Nebraska. They've brought online 9 expansion sites west of the former Sprint footprint, only a couple gaps left in coverage until I-80 is fully covered. 70 expansion sites in total now online across Nebraska.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

2 of those Sprint conversions were live on Saturday. That leaves only one left and T-Mobile will have converted all of the former Sprint sites west of Lincoln on I-80 in Nebraska. They've brought online 9 expansion sites west of the former Sprint footprint, only a couple gaps left in coverage until I-80 is fully covered. 70 expansion sites in total now online across Nebraska.

Interesting! Thanks for the update. I am a little sad about some of the sites in Lincoln that were supposed to be converted and never were...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NE5G said:

Interesting! Thanks for the update. I am a little sad about some of the sites in Lincoln that were supposed to be converted and never were...

Norris site being one of them!

On 3/5/2023 at 6:33 PM, dkyeager said:

AT&T managed to tie up T-Mobile's Auction 108 2.5GHz winnings for rural areas for now.  May need to wait for a 5th commissioner.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/07/politics/gigi-sohn-withdraws-fcc-nomination/index.html

Clock will start again -- no fifth FCC commissioner anytime soon.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dkyeager said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/07/politics/gigi-sohn-withdraws-fcc-nomination/index.html

Clock will start again -- no fifth FCC commissioner anytime soon.

So... does this mean the petition/license grant will be cleared up soon?

Is speculation that the FCC will deny AT&T's petition and grant these licenses? Or will the FCC side with AT&T?

10 hours ago, aspiller98 said:

So... does this mean the petition/license grant will be cleared up soon?

Is speculation that the FCC will deny AT&T's petition and grant these licenses? Or will the FCC side with AT&T?

AT&T never had a real case on this.  AT&T simply filed because they are taking advantage of bureaucracy where the FCC has to review the petition and follow some predetermined processes that take a significant amount of time before they can officially award the licenses.  There is no penalty for this type of delaying technique so they are just trying to delay T-Mobile the use of this bandwidth so that it gives AT&T a little more time to deploy C-Band and catch up somewhat to the significant lead that T-Mobile has in 5G.

• Like 2

https://www.rcrwireless.com/20230307/5g/dish-testing-the-800-mhz-waters

Sorry dudes, much less likely T-Mobile will keep band 26 800MHz.

28 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

All things considered, I think this is a win-win in most locations. B26 would require equipment upgrades to deploy and in most locations, TMO already has enough low-band between B71 and B12 to maintain "adequate" service. In any non-super rural area, thanks to the roll out of SA, low-band is much less of an issue and they will have sufficient mid-band capacity to enable good-to-great service.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

Not so sure about that. I'd imagine it will be a lot harder for them to justify the huge expense of purchasing B26 since the Dish ransomware attack is really going to end up hurting their finances. They should have been back up and running to an extent by now and yet they can't even service their customers just yet or do new installs from what I understand.

29 minutes ago, bill875 said:

Not so sure about that. I'd imagine it will be a lot harder for them to justify the huge expense of purchasing B26 since the Dish ransomware attack is really going to end up hurting their finances. They should have been back up and running to an extent by now and yet they can't even service their customers just yet or do new installs from what I understand.

As someone mentioned, they wouldn't be surprised if Dish uses the band as collateral for the loan (which makes sense for a bunch of reasons). Dish has a desperate need for low-band frequencies if they are going to compete AT ALL. 

• Like 1

Just noticed that SCP is displaying my provider as Boost Mobile instead of AT&T yet the PLMN is 310410.  Cellmapper is doing the same.  310240 is assigned to Boost Mobile (of course  T-Mobile could own it).   313340 is used by Dish Genesis iirc.

Nevermind, switched back to AT&T for both