Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

All of T-Mobile's 5G phones have got the update to do this at this point. The 5G Mclaren got the capability back in February. Here are some screenshots from back then I have when it was first enabled. Ignore the missing information up top on NSG, this was a beta build.
image.png.97e8010ecf6fc83f5eb0e1e37b26da4e.png
image.thumb.png.aab04e81419a672489bca57a7394b1c8.pngimage.thumb.png.bfe1ceb0bca26ab95c8e38512d2b8ba1.png
Oh I didn't know that it got added. Good to know.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My Note 10+ will not connect to my Magic Box now without some extreme effort on my end to get it to do so.  At work (where the magic box is that gave me about 25-30 Mbps down, and 2-4 Mbps up), I know get what looks to be uncapped or at least higher capped Band 2, 12, 66 of T-Mobile all of which giving me about 18-20 Mbps Down and Up.  So it isn't a big deal I guess now that the Magic Box isn't needed as I'm getting better signal throughout my building now where once upon a time I needed the Magic Box to get any meaningful service.

Caveat this is all LTE of course not 5G.

Do you all think T-Mobile will reconfigure the Magic Boxes to allow them to connect to one of their bands instead of band 41?  Just wondering the usefulness of the Magic Boxes going forward since it seems they are desperately trying to keep us from connecting to Sprint Bands.  The magic box still has an excellent connection to the sprint tower though.

I think they will get rid of Sprint's magic boxes.     With better low band, the need for them just isn't there. They have band 71 and band 66.    That was Sprint's answer for not having enough towers.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, troyd96 said:

My Note 10+ will not connect to my Magic Box now without some extreme effort on my end to get it to do so.  At work (where the magic box is that gave me about 25-30 Mbps down, and 2-4 Mbps up), I know get what looks to be uncapped or at least higher capped Band 2, 12, 66 of T-Mobile all of which giving me about 18-20 Mbps Down and Up.  So it isn't a big deal I guess now that the Magic Box isn't needed as I'm getting better signal throughout my building now where once upon a time I needed the Magic Box to get any meaningful service.

Caveat this is all LTE of course not 5G.

Do you all think T-Mobile will reconfigure the Magic Boxes to allow them to connect to one of their bands instead of band 41?  Just wondering the usefulness of the Magic Boxes going forward since it seems they are desperately trying to keep us from connecting to Sprint Bands.  The magic box still has an excellent connection to the sprint tower though.

The magic box will be going away i'm sure, it's useless for me now as I connect to good T-Mobile 5G in my house. Never worked good for me anyways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, troyd96 said:

My magic box connects to band 25. Only G block though.

1 minute ago, troyd96 said:

Yeah that's what I meant. It broadcasts Band 41 but yes it locks on Band 25.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

At my old house it would connect to band 41 as well, but I wanted to clarify.

10 hours ago, dro1984 said:

I have to be honest.... other than this forum at the time, I don't remember Sprint saying a whole lot. 

I'm pretty sure that was the point of the post. How much information from one source or another made its way here. We were spoiled with all that information. Seems doubtful we get much out of T-Mobile.

9 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I'm pretty sure that was the point of the post. How much information from one source or another made its way here. We were spoiled with all that information. Seems doubtful we get much out of T-Mobile.

I hope you are wrong about that.  T-Mobile has some real crazy people in the organization, but that does not mean that they would not be good people. There has to be some really smart people there or the company would not have survived.  Some of the crazy people will be smart and some of the smart people will be crazy.  The organization has many people that are just crazy over cell phones, data and wireless.  Anyway, maybe we will be lucky enough to have loads of info become available.  We sure do hope so.  Sprint had some crazy people too and some smart people also.  Many of them are here on this site in some way.

13 minutes ago, chamb said:

I hope you are wrong about that.  T-Mobile has some real crazy people in the organization, but that does not mean that they would not be good people. There has to be some really smart people there or the company would not have survived.  Some of the crazy people will be smart and some of the smart people will be crazy.  The organization has many people that are just crazy over cell phones, data and wireless.  Anyway, maybe we will be lucky enough to have loads of info become available.  We sure do hope so.  Sprint had some crazy people too and some smart people also.  Many of them are here on this site in some way.

Well everyone needs to work their sources then! I would... but I don't have any ha.

• Like 2

Just now, Yuhfhrh said:

A few posts up @4GHoward mentioned that starting May 1, Sprint will start selling T-Mobile Business Rate plans. Looks like business lines are going straight to the T-Mobile network from now on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yuhfhrh said:
3 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

A few posts up @4GHoward mentioned that starting May 1, Sprint will start selling T-Mobile Business Rate plans. Looks like business lines are going straight to the T-Mobile network from now on.

Yes, and since it says it works on ANY Android or iPhone device, I think they are saying that all the Business BYOD customers will be added to the Tmo network and not the Sprint network.  Because they couldn't make that claim about the Sprint network and CDMA being a limiting factor.

Robert

• Like 3

1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

Yes, and since it says it works on ANY Android or iPhone device, I think they are saying that all the Business BYOD customers will be added to the Tmo network and not the Sprint network.  Because they couldn't make that claim about the Sprint network and CDMA being a limiting factor.

Robert

My understanding is Sprint Business was viewed as a very good fit for T-Mobile, therefore given their style, it does not surprise me at all that they are moving quickly on this. So long as the coverage map they use reflects old T-Mobile, no issues here. Wonder how they are handling the existing Sprint customers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tybo31316 said:

I just received a carrier update on my iPhone to 41.1 anyone’s knows what changed?

I just got it. Don’t notice any difference so far. My moms old 6s is on 41 and doesn’t seem like it will get the new carrier update yet.

They just started upgrading a T-Mobile tower by my office. The first picture below was taken on 4/22, the others were from today. I'll check again next week and see how its progressing. They installed the two new antennas so close together I'm wondering if they are adding more. 

RQxiQs7.jpg

jbOBr0A.jpg

9JhLjGP.jpg

• Like 4

They just started upgrading a T-Mobile tower by my office. The first picture below was taken on 4/22, the others were from today. I'll check again next week and see how its progressing. They installed the two new antennas so close together I'm wondering if they are adding more. 
RQxiQs7.jpg
jbOBr0A.jpg
9JhLjGP.jpg

I believe the big one is band 71 LTE and NR