Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

4 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Some people are saying now that the merger did pass with all the B41 they have that it's unfair to keep all the PCS. Example Rochester MN again, after the swap TMobile will have 35x35 vzw 20x20 and att 10x10. What is everyone else's thoughts. I am kind of surprised.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I was surprised that they were not forced to sell some spectrum in some counties. I also expected rules on migrating Sprint customers in terms of phone replacements and coverage. Basically T-Mobile can do as it wishes in these areas and customers must accept or leave as individual customers.  Rules only applied to more macro levels.

Fortunately many of the mistakes can be self corrected with the Samsung Band Selector app. The main winner with 5g is the carriers as it may double capacity. 

If you or anyone else has dialer shortcuts, intents, or any other details about that band selector screen, maybe it would be useful to add a shortcut to SCP? Or is it a regular standalone app?
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

If you or anyone else has dialer shortcuts, intents, or any other details about that band selector screen, maybe it would be useful to add a shortcut to SCP? Or is it a regular standalone app?

It's a hidden menu that's in the dialer/Call app. The Samsing Band Selector app is pretty much just a shortcut to that hidden menu.It would be super useful to have in the SCP app.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

It's a hidden menu that's in the dialer/Call app. The Samsing Band Selector app is pretty much just a shortcut to that hidden menu.It would be super useful to have in the SCP app.

Mike would need the dialer codes

• Like 1

Yass

John is going to pull a RHOA group trip out of country and get a argument started at the dinner table about their networks. He’ll call out Verizon and they’ll go back and force and then Verizon will walk off in true Nene fashion. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derrph said:

John is going to pull a RHOA group trip out of country and get a argument started at the dinner table about their networks. He’ll call out Verizon and they’ll go back and force and then Verizon will walk off in true Nene fashion. emoji23.png

Lmfaooo omg that would be hilarious.

s/n I like that I can make rhoa references on here hahaha. Bloop!

• Like 1

I'll PM you shortly, you might be able to help me figure it out. Intents/shortcuts work better than dialer codes if we can determine what they are named.
  • Like 2

I have a Pixel 4 on Sprint and LTE band 41 has suddenly become unusable over the past 2-3 days in the suburbs northwest of Boston.

Signal strength is strong, but no data is flowing. Eventually the "X" appears on the system signal bars. Toggling airplane mode gets it working on B41 again for a few minutes, but it's only temporary.

Bands 25/26 are working fine. I had to disable B41 to make the phone usable. Presumably it's upgrade-related, as it seems to be impacting at least 8-10 sites across several towns. Tried manual profile/PRL updates and several reboots, no change.

Probably noteworthy that all of the impacted sites began broadcasting unusual GCIs several weeks ago that don't match any local patterns.

• Like 5

On 4/30/2020 at 9:50 AM, RedSpark said:

Between March 11th, when COVID-19 was declared a pandemic, and March 31st, T-Mobile was able to move nearly its entire customer care workforce out of its call centers across the US and into a work from home operation. That's almost 14,000 employees in just 20 days.

That's incredible.

They've now got all 17 of their internal call centers working from home along with over 92% of the Sprint care teams.

Now that they've made these moves to have people work remotely, I wonder if they'll keep it this way? Saves on the commute time/expense for the employees, and T-Mobile could save quite a bit of money as well if it doesn't renew the leases on (or sells) its call center properties. Proof of concept that it can work for the long term? Thoughts?

I have talked about this point for a while.. Not for Tmo.. but for commercial locations in general... There could be a glut of commercial locations on the market soon... IF it works.. If nothing else, they find they can go from a 50k Building, to a 10k and people/teams rotate a couple times a week or month

• Like 2

6 hours ago, floorguy said:

I have talked about this point for a while.. Not for Tmo.. but for commercial locations in general... There could be a glut of commercial locations on the market soon... IF it works.. If nothing else, they find they can go from a 50k Building, to a 10k and people/teams rotate a couple times a week or month

Many firms will go from loving remote work, to regulating it, then to the moving the jobs overseas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/04/30/work-from-home-surveillance/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

Many firms will go from loving remote work, to regulating it, then to the moving the jobs overseas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/04/30/work-from-home-surveillance/

Damn, that article was depressing.

Feel good PR?

Lmfaooo omg that would be hilarious.

s/n I like that I can make rhoa references on here hahaha. Bloop!

giphy.gif
Exactly! I thought I was alone but I’m not!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, derrph said:

giphy.gif
Exactly! I thought I was alone but I’m not!

This thread took a turn and I am HERE FOR IT!

Edited by dewbertdc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dkyeager said:

It wont be perfect for all (no situation ever is)  (oh and the grass is always greener on the other side..... till it isn't)

Moving things to overseas... ehhhhh in the current climate, wouldn't be a smart thing to do, for a few reasons..

It will take sometime to sort out which way works better.  I have heard the "people want interaction with other people" thought many times.. And for some thats the case.. for others.. They enjoy being isolated, or left to their own work, with a sprinkling of human interaction..

It will be an interesting time for sure.. and WILL stretch Techs limits lol

Hopefully NTMO will be ready

• Like 1

I finally had enough of the inconsistency of T-Mobile/Sprint integration and plugged my MB back in. Until they take that band 41 channel away from me for NR I will be using my MB. Hopefully by the time they do they will have integrated the networks enough in this area to give me a consistent experience.

• Like 4

11,000 Lifeline Californians stand in the way of Dish's entry into wireless. According to the CPUC those 11,000 Lifeline customers need to be retained by T-Mobile but according to the federal consent degree all Boost customers need to divested to Dish. T-Mobile has applied to the FCC to exempt those 11,000 Lifeline customers from the consent decree. T-Mobile and Dish are ready to close the transaction as soon as FCC gives their approval. 

https://www.lightreading.com/4g-3g-wifi/11000-californians-stand-in-the-way-of-dishs-entry-into-wireless/d/d-id/759360?

9 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

I finally had enough of the inconsistency of T-Mobile/Sprint integration and plugged my MB back in. Until they take that band 41 channel away from me for NR I will be using my MB. Hopefully by the time they do they will have integrated the networks enough in this area to give me a consistent experience.

Yeah, I tried shutting my MB's down, assuming that B71 would easily get deep into my office. I get -118 on B26 at my desk, so I thought it might just work well, especially for VoLTE.  Nope, nothing, I get B26 or if I shut off the Sprint bands, I get nothing from T-Mo in the middle of our building.    I wonder if T-Mobile will be putting B71 on most (or all) of their tower sites.  It is pretty sparse in my part of NC (Hickory, NC).

• Like 1

90 upload on band 41....wow. This speed test alone just pushed back my hairline even more. 
It's B66 that got that upload. It's possible it 64qam and 2xca up on FDD

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 7