Sprint VoLTE Discussion Thread Redux

4 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Since you know more than anyone on here Bud, you think the S9/ note 9 will get it at some point or do S9 users have to wait for TMO!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

They will get it post nationwide VoLTE launch in the coming weeks. 

• Like 1

That was my point. The S9 is not at all an "old" phone, especially when it's predecessor has it. Lol. 
The S8 was one of the Volte test devices that engineers were running around with for more than a year before the soft launch.

The S9 were released a half a year before the soft launch and was not. Therefore it's considered an older device that predates volte while devices that came out after (2019) are considered newer devices which have volte Enabled out the box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I wonder what's so inherently different between the two that it can't be enabled (yet? At all?) On the S9. Interesting.
Almost certainly nothing. Other than the hack Sprint is using to restrict VoLTE access on sites/markets. They probably didn't want to pay Samsung to implement it, when they thought it would be launched by now. So they just hold the update until they want to launch it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My S10 started lighting up the VOLTE indicator in Kailua Hawaii today. Signal strength was noticeably improved (I work in the back of the building in a windowless office with usually no signal).

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
@lilotimz Any word on VOLTE for Galaxy S9? Assuming at this point we will have to wait till post merger to get Tmo VOLTE.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As I have stated over and over , devices with no volte current that was launched pre volte soft launch last fall will get it in a software release once the national launch occurs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, superbluepsd said:

Hasn't the national launch already occured?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They haven't announced anything about a national VoLTE launch yet.

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2019 at 11:02 AM, banananuts87 said:

Any truth to VoLTE on the iPhone 6S?

Not sure if it's true for the 7 and below iPhone devices. I am on Google fi with a Pixel 2 XL, I just force switch to the Sprint network just now. I'm in NY, rn in Westchester county market and before I would not have been able to make a voice over LTE call. Just called 611 and that worked ran speed test and everything speed test and everything. So there is that... Thanks for post otherwise I would not have checked. Pixel 2 xl was not a device supported for volte on Sprint before. 

Anyone know if Mississippi will get VOLTE before 10G comes out?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good question, that's cspire area and I think they are against VOLTE

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, clbowens said:

Question:  If you have a phone on Sprint that VoLTE enabled, and you call another Sprint person and the call is in HD, does that mean that person also has VoLTE enabled (since the call was in HD)?

HD calling with Sprint has been around before VoLTE so my guess would be just that it is another Sprint user. Also can make HD calls with Verizon.

Question:  If you have a phone on Sprint that VoLTE enabled, and you call another Sprint person and the call is in HD, does that mean that person also has VoLTE enabled (since the call was in HD)?
Possibly. They could also be on wifi calling or be using Calling+. These both use the same codecs and system as VoLTE.

Calls to 1xAdvanced (CDMA HD voice) won't cause one of the HD codecs to be used on VoLTE, so that can be ruled it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is unique to the Android 10 beta for the S10 or not but recently HD voice kicks in when I call someone else and not when they call me. It's really weird. I've only been able to confirm this behavior with my mom on Verizon for now.

• 5 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, narf said:

Just got the first Beta Android 10 update on my unlocked S9, and there is now a VOLTE toggle on it. Hopefully this will survive the beta process. 

Great.   Did you look at the ##DATA# menu and see any new aggregation options?   Especially 25+41

6 minutes ago, chamb said:

Great.   Did you look at the ##DATA# menu and see any new aggregation options?   Especially 25+41

Not sure where in the data menu tp look. Right now my phone won't connect in VOLTE mode and the data menu shows VOLTE disabled. I don't know if my location doesn't provide VOLTE yet or if Sprint has to enable my account for VOLTE or what.