Sprint VoLTE Discussion Thread Redux

Is there any truth to the merger holding up the VoLTE rollout? 
Are we at 50% completion, 75, etc.? 
Shouldn't have anything to do with that. Don't know the reason ( other than wanting to lose Customer's) as to why devices that support it aren't getting it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With VoLTE for me, the icon sometimes disappears, sometimes for days, then magically come back.  And I've noticed that I lose it when I go to 3G and the back to LTE.  It's like it doesn't initiate it when it get back to LTE, and it take a while (days) for it to.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 11:13 AM, burnout8488 said:

Is there any truth to the merger holding up the VoLTE rollout? 

Are we at 50% completion, 75, etc.? 

If the network isn't up to spiff in a specific market, pointless to launch VoLTE. All Sprint has going for it is its voice dependability. Why crush your only positive?

Is Sprint phasing out Calling Plus in favor of VoLTE?
Yes. When the Samsung 9 line up when get us IDK. maybe only under TMO

• Like 1

Has Sprint found out, when VOLTE will be in Mississippi? Sure am tired of seeing this Update every day, that said not to add until VOLTE is available!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, jdc270 said:

Has Sprint found out, when VOLTE will be in Mississippi? Sure am tired of seeing this Update every day, that said not to add until VOLTE is available!

Probably not for a while. 

2 minutes ago, jdc270 said:

What was Sprint thinking, sending me a update for VOLTE, wish Sprint had to look at this Update every day!

You can install the update. It's just VoLTE won't work until Sprint enables it in your area. 

3 minutes ago, jdc270 said:

Will not accept Update without VOLTEfd7c48ad27ce9f19fade1dda519c4d21.jpg

Calling Plus is being removed in this update. Calling Plus is being phased out in favor of VoLTE. You will not be able to be on a call and data at the same time unless VoLTE is enabled in your market. Otherwise all other operations are unaffected. You will be able to use data as normal while out and about as long as you're not on a call. As I said, you are confused. 

Just now, jdc270 said:

I know I do not have WIFI & am not accepting it, there's no confusion there!

The fact that you don't have Wi-Fi is irrelevant. Your data will still work. You just can't use data while on a call. If you chose not to update you'll just lose the ability when Sprint turns it off soon. 

11 minutes ago, jdc270 said:

I know I do not have WIFI & am not accepting it, there's no confusion there!

Also you won't get VoLTE if you don't install the update that includes it. Calling Plus is going away whether you like it or not. You can update and get VoLTE whenever it comes to your area, or you can not update and lose Calling Plus and have nothing but 1x voice calling. 

• Like 1

The fact that you don't have Wi-Fi is irrelevant. Your data will still work. You just can't use data while on a call. If you chose not to update you'll just lose the ability when Sprint turns it off soon. 
I doubt Sprint is getting rid of Calling+. They actually can't really without a software update on the phone unless they also shut off wifi calling. Calling+ is literally wifi calling over LTE. Almost certainly uses the same servers. VoLTE uses them too. It's all the same backend infrastructure. The only difference is VoLTE sets up a dedicated LTE session first to run the connection over.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Will not accept Update without VOLTEfd7c48ad27ce9f19fade1dda519c4d21.jpg

Read the text exactly... it says simultaneous voice and data will only be available when Volte is turned on in your area. It does not say you will not have data. Simultaneous means at the same time... ie being able to use data while on a phone call.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1st my Question was why did I get the Update when Nobody knows when VOLTE will be available in Mississippi if ever? My Bet Never, will have a different phone by then, meanwhile there is a Update that does Absolutely Nothing! 1st Sprint should have added the Service, then Released the Update!

1st my Question was why did I get the Update when Nobody knows when VOLTE will be available in Mississippi if ever? My Bet Never, will have a different phone by then, meanwhile there is a Update that does Absolutely Nothing! 1st Sprint should have added the Service, then Released the Update!

It well be available under TMO merger for sure. C spire is the one they does the coverage there and they don't wanna even do VOLTE. They will have to as other carriers shut down 2G/3G on the future. Cspire even wants Sprint CDMA to stay up for another 5 years which isn't going to happen.