Sprint VoLTE Discussion Thread Redux

6 minutes ago, narf said:

Not sure where in the data menu tp look. Right now my phone won't connect in VOLTE mode and the data menu shows VOLTE disabled. I don't know if my location doesn't provide VOLTE yet or if Sprint has to enable my account for VOLTE or what. 

Bring up dialer

##DATA#

View

LTE

Ca enabled

Is there anything indicating 25+41.  If so, note if it is checked or unchecked

8 minutes ago, chamb said:

Bring up dialer

##DATA#

View

LTE

Ca enabled

Is there anything indicating 25+41.  If so, note if it is checked or unchecked

Yes, but they are not enabled. 

Screenshot_20191211-102827_IOTHiddenMenu.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-102815_IOTHiddenMenu.jpg

12 minutes ago, narf said:

WOW.  GREAT.  At least  the options are there.  Maybe we can get activation on this real soon.  If it ever shows up on my S9, I probably add the check-mark on some of this to see if it will work properly.  Might have to go back and un-check it, but I would try it.

1 hour ago, narf said:

I would enable every CA option possible. Sprint will wait to enable them when they become commonplace.  Why wait?

Jumping off of my previous issue with VoLTE with Verizon customers. It seems like Sprint to Sprint HD voice works fine both for incoming and outgoing calls but with Verizon users, it won't activate unless I call the person. Incoming calls from Verizon sound horrible.

On 12/11/2019 at 2:30 PM, dkyeager said:

I would enable every CA option possible. Sprint will wait to enable them when they become commonplace.  Why wait?

The last time I did that on my S10+ and I went back into that menu, the toggles had been reset to their default positions automatically.

9 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

The last time I did that on my S10+ and I went back into that menu, the toggles had been reset to their default positions automatically.

It used to be Sorint only did that through forced prl and profile updates. Sigh.

It used to be Sorint only did that through forced prl and profile updates. Sigh.
Similar on the Pixel 3. Sprint disables some AT&T bands (band 30 for example). I can enable it, it would stay enabled for about a day. Then when I go in again the following day it's disabled again.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

Is this year end in Sprint language or normal people language? 

Soon (TM)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The real question is how is Nationwide VoLTE defined.  The number of phones to be covered has already been scaled back.  Will that date include Magic Boxes and Airaves?  What about bringing in a VoLTE phone with no CDMA support to make calls on Sprint bands (ie, just uses one SIM card or eSIM not tied to that phone)?  What will the coverage area be?  Will it be shown on coverage maps?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 1:28 PM, belusnecropolis said:

Software man, just a flip of the switch. 

An oldy, but seems relevant again. 

• Haha 1

I have 2 handsets. My primary handset is a iPhone 11 Pro Max on Sprint and I have had VoLTE and works well.

My secondary handset is a Google Pixel 3XL on Google Fi using Sprint’s towers mostly and still on CDMA voice.

Does anyone think that Sprint will allow MVNO ‘a like Fi to access VoLTE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, clbowens said:

Anybody know when they'll officially announce their nationwide VoLTE launch?

It was "by year end" but in Sprint language. "By year end" in Sprint language translates to "by the end of the next year" in normal English. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, superbluepsd said:

@RAvirani Do you have any further information on when the national VoLTE launch will take place?

First they said before EOY 2019, then they moved the date to Jan 3, and now I'm not sure what they're doing.

I believe they're targeting end of first quarter 2020, but I have no idea if that will happen or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

Does anyone with an iPhone XS MAX have issues with voLTE calls?

When I get in fringe areas the call goes in and out and sometimes just drop altogether.

If there is a problem with VOLTE, you discovered it.  Volte will work sometimes with a crappy signal, but other times it will not.  Does not work as good as the old CDMA in very weak areas.   I am still using CDMA and will continue to do so because of this issue.

• Like 1