LuisBOSS302

Have any off you guys taken the back of the phone and looked at the underside of the back? I'm not sure if that is an antenna or the wireless charging bits, but the back appears to have something attached to it that looks like a wireless charging port.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Those backs with 2 prongs are for NFC. Backs that have 4 prongs (EU and others) are NFC + Wireless Qi charging.

I was just reading that on XDA when I saw the new post here...so I decided to give the answer. Guy on XDA posted pics of the backs and the different prongs shown in circles...

I thought maybe it was GPS at first, but it's NFC.

Here's the next question...does the G3 support "tap to pay" style NFC actions? My S5 did, and even had Paypal embedded, which was neat..

I could use the S5 on Paypass terminals...but I'm not sure on the g3...anyone know for certain?

(edit)

Grabbed the XDA link to that post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53918567&postcount=26

• Like 1

I'm curious to know how you did this. I mentioned the Amazon app not working earlier, because it was one of the first apps I tried to launch after I got home with the G3.

The way I have always done it is to Google "Amazon app store" on your phone. It will find the site with the apk. Download and then install.

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

I went from s5 to g3. To me, with my usage, the s5 sucked on battery. Granted it would charge in under 2 hours, I would be at 45% by noon or early evening.

Now using the g3, I'm at 91% and it's 12:06 p.m.. I'd say the s5 could have done better if I removed some of the stuff like s health, but I didn't mess with that.

• Like 1

Here's the next question...does the G3 support "tap to pay" style NFC actions? My S5 did, and even had Paypal embedded, which was neat..

I could use the S5 on Paypass terminals...but I'm not sure on the g3...anyone know for certain?

Yep. I used my G3 to tap and pay yesterday with Google Wallet at a PayPass terminal. It worked perfectly. :tu:

th_Screenshot_2014-07-13-11-05-43_zpsp3l

• Like 2

It's still an awesome phone, I also said that I wasn't getting it...but once I got the S5, and saw how slow some of the things were on it (mainly..the stinking CAMERA..)..I missed the days of my LG G2 and the amazing camera. Now, on my G3, when I click camera..it opens near instantly and is ready to shoot.

The S5 was at LEAST a 5 second delay or more for the camera to open and become "ready" to shoot.

I may get it for the boyfriend if he likes it. Its between this and the HTC one m8. I'm not a fan of how he sounds when we speak over his s4. Sound quality is terrible.

Yep. I used my G3 to tap and pay yesterday with Google Wallet at a PayPass terminal. It worked perfectly. :tu:

th_Screenshot_2014-07-13-11-05-43_zpsp3l

Thanks!! I don't know why this isn't publicized more, as it's a big thing for some. I know NFC payments haven't taken off like investors originally thought they would, but it's still VERY useful. They originally thought that this type of payment would replace plastic cards altogether...just hasn't picked up the right amount of steam yet though.

I may get it for the boyfriend if he likes it. Its between this and the HTC one m8. I'm not a fan of how he sounds when we speak over his s4. Sound quality is terrible.

I gotta say, when I first got my LG G2, back in November or so last year, I was wow'd by how great it was...and how fast it was considering the current selection of phones available at that time. I was still using my Samsung Galaxy s3 that I had purchased back in July of 2012...and moving from S3 to G2, it was like night and day. From 4.7" to 5.1"..and the speed increase was dramatic...

Then I got my G2 dumped in the swimming pool ...thanks to my carelessness and my 2 year-old...so I had to do something -- which at the time was the S5.  Couple of days into my G2...I knew I had made an EXCELLENT decision...but a couple of days into my S5, I was looking for ways to turn off that bloatware sh*t that was bogging it down. And I kept thinking...I'm reduced back to the speeds of my S3 with this phone..that's what it felt like, at least. I just couldn't believe that under the hood of the S5 is a snapdragon 801, which is so much faster than others...

Then, I heard the G3 released early...and asked my daughter if she still wanted my month-old S5..which she jumped on (coming from iPhone 4S) so we rode off...

Initially, there was some ...words exchanged when I called in and told them I wanted to switch 2 phones around on my account...as both were Easy Pay phones..But, before I went to the store, I was ASSURED by a rep on the phone that it could be done. I also was ASSURED, a month ago, with the HTC One saga I went though..that it could be done. So i wasn't taking "no" for an answer.

I finally called the right number -- Google'd Sprint Consumerist hotline...and within 10 minutes, the switching around was complete.

And within just 1 day, I saw that the speed and responsiveness that I came to love with the G2 was exceptionally built upon with the G3..

Nobody should be disappointed with this phone. Especially with all the bells and whistles. I'm curious to see how LTE Cat 6 does.

• Like 2

I have to say signal strength on this is miles above the S3 I just came from. I know I went from a 2 year old uniband device to a brand new Spark device but damn. I get reception places my S3 never did.

I have a question. I have Signal Check Pro set up to show LTE and 1x. On my S3 it switched between 1x800 and 1xRTT. Is there a voice band signal check isn't showing? I'm not seeing any 1xRTT and only 800 in spots. Calls and SMS are working, but on what?

Sent from my G3

• Like 1

I have to say signal strength on this is miles above the S3 I just came from. I know I went from a 2 year old uniband device to a brand new Spark device but damn. I get reception places my S3 never did.

I have a question. I have Signal Check Pro set up to show LTE and 1x. On my S3 it switched between 1x800 and 1xRTT. Is there a voice band signal check isn't showing? I'm not seeing any 1xRTT and only 800 in spots. Calls and SMS are working, but on what?

Sent from my G3

Your phone will camp on lte if you are an lte deployed area. When you receive/place a call/sms your phone will automatically drop down to 1x. Once you're done with your call it will plop back on lte.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

At the Sprint store, LG3 is showing 5-10db better than my M8 via signalcheck side to side. Was going to grab it but not eligible for Easy Pay. Have to call care to get it fixed.

Side to side comparison is on Band 25.

Sent from my G3

Your phone will camp on lte if you are an lte deployed area. When you receive/place a call/sms your phone will automatically drop down to 1x. Once you're done with your call it will plop back on lte.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Texts tunnel through LTE, so you never have to drop back to 1x for those. Paging for calls is done through LTE as well, and instructs your phone to fall back to 1x when a call is coming in. Once done, its right back to LTE if available.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

I picked my G3 up today. I'm trying to transfer stuff from my S4 to my computer to my G3. It won't recognize my SDCard from my computer. And I can't copy and paste files from my computer to my G3. Is there a setting I may need to change to be able to do this? Thanks for your help.

Stellar camera.

LG keyboard is extremely good.

Running ART, no issues with any apps.

I'm visually impaired and need high contrast to use a device. With all the talk about dim and low contrast display on the G3, all I can say is this display is fantastic and this "blind" guy has no issues with it.

Extremely impressed.

Bonus: expected to pay $599, it rang up @$499.

$150 Amex rebate to follow.

Signal strength seems very solid as well.

• Like 1

Stellar camera.

LG keyboard is extremely good.

Running ART, no issues with any apps.

I'm visually impaired and need high contrast to use a device. With all the talk about dim and low contrast display on the G3, all I can say is this display is fantastic and this "blind" guy has no issues with it.

Extremely impressed.

Bonus: expected to pay $599, it rang up @$499.

$150 Amex rebate to follow.

Signal strength seems very solid as well.

How did you get it for $499?!!

How did you get it for $499?!!

Wish I knew. My wife has asked me that question at least 50 times over the weekend.

Went to my corporate store, bought one for me and a gold one for mom. Both receipts show $499.

It was early, maybe a glitch in Sprint's system?

I just kept my mouth shut and walked out the door [emoji3]

• Like 3

Anyone use the Qualcomm enhanced GPS yet? How does it work?

[image removed]

Sent from my LGLS990

It probably does nothing important, just like on G2 and other iZat clad devices. Did you get prompted to enabled on first boot? Remember, it would do that on G2. Most custom roms (certainly ours) had it removed.

Here is what it is actually for http://goo.gl/RcIcO2.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Does anyone know what the reception is like on this thing?  Usually AJ has a write up on these a month before they launch, but now that they are available, has anyone done any basic tests and/or compared it to another phone in terms of cell reception?

Does anyone know what the reception is like on this thing?  Usually AJ has a write up on these a month before they launch, but now that they are available, has anyone done any basic tests and/or compared it to another phone in terms of cell reception?

AJ's missing detailed RF performance review aside (that would be pretty nice to see on paper but the man is busy), did you read any of the last, 5-10 pages?