LuisBOSS302

Went and looked at an LG G3 today.  The screen is beautiful!   I ended up ordering the Shine Gold color for my wife when I got home.   I'm going to try to hold onto my LG G2 a little more... at least till the iPhone 6 comes out.   If all it is just a bigger phone, then I'll probably get me an LG G3 also. :P

Looks like this phone is a real champ in the rf department. Anyone else coming to the same conclusion?

qejuqu3y.jpg

It's always faster than the iPhone 5/c we have on B25 and B26. The phone hangs onto LTE really well, especially B41 and B26. I've only seen EVDO a few times. Our iPhones will loose LTE well before the G3 will.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

So what is pressing to me is this:

To ART or not to ART...that is the question.

I say ART. I made a real difference on my N5. Faster, better battery life. Don't have my hands on a G3, so don't know how much of a difference it makes there yet.

I say ART. I made a real difference on my N5. Faster, better battery life. Don't have my hands on a G3, so don't know how much of a difference it makes there yet.

I can tell you that the battery in my G3 is slightly disappointing. It got me to 2pm before dying. This Quad HD screen must really suck down some power, despite having a 3000mAh Li-Po battery.

I'm loving my battery life. It's much better than my s5 was, by leaps and bounds.

Interesting. I'm a fairly heavy user and so far, my old iPhone 5 lasted longer by a lot. Maybe I should give it some time. Its possible that I have a faulty battery, but that's unlikely.

I've also noticed it takes forever to charge this phone.

Interesting. I'm a fairly heavy user and so far, my old iPhone 5 lasted longer by a lot. Maybe I should give it some time. Its possible that I have a faulty battery, but that's unlikely.

For me seems like battery life of any android seems to get better after a couple battery cycles.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Some of the early reports on the g3 reported overheating when doing video intensive tasks or heavy multitasking. I have seen dramatic slowdowns in my G2 when in a car dock doing signal detection, which can be reduced by removing it from its case and directing ac towards it. Has anyone had overheating issues G3, and were they solvable short of reducing you usage?

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

Some of the early reports on the g3 reported overheating when doing video intensive tasks or heavy multitasking. I have seen dramatic slowdowns in my G2 when in a car dock doing signal detection, which can be reduced by removing it from its case and directing ac towards it. Has anyone had overheating issues G3, and were they solvable short of reducing you usage?

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

I've had the phone get slightly warm, buts that's about it. I've put this baby through it's paces, too.

• Like 1

I've not noticed temp spikes either, even when charging. I've not done much video stuff though. I left the camera settings as they were, instead of the very highest settings possible. Has anyone set it to the highest and used it?

• Like 1

I've not noticed temp spikes either, even when charging. I've not done much video stuff though. I left the camera settings as they were, instead of the very highest settings possible. Has anyone set it to the highest and used it?

I've used all the settings. The camera is pretty good. Lots of noise reduction, but it doesn't totally destroy detail. Its better than our iPhones in both good light and low-light.

I simply loved the camera on my G2, it was the greatest camera in a phone that I've ever had. Just snapped a pic of my daughter in bed beside me, and it's completely dark with only the TV as the only light source. Link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4e160hj8viupcn/2014-07-14%2021.01.22.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting indeed. Of course usage varies and signal strength plays a big role in battery usage. I've been off the charger since 5:45am still at 52%. About two and a half hours SOT.

I charged once from around 10% to full in under 2 hours.

Interesting indeed. Of course usage varies and signal strength plays a big role in battery usage. I've been off the charger since 5:45am still at 52%. About two and a half hours SOT.

I charged once from around 10% to full in under 2 hours.

I've had great signal all day. I've got about 6hrs SOT, but that is with two charges.

My phone is about to die again - currently at 3%. Maybe it is a battery problem?

mine was june build , black. Whats yours?

Also Black, 06/2014

I can tell you that the battery in my G3 is slightly disappointing. It got me to 2pm before dying. This Quad HD screen must really suck down some power, despite having a 3000mAh Li-Po battery.

Yep. Everything else about this phone is awesome, except that screen.

I get crazy standby times. This thing gets about double the standby time of my Nexus 5. Battery life is amazing -- until you turn the screen on.

I've never gotten more than 4-5 hours screen on time with the G3, and that's at 30-60% brightness. Basically, if the screen is on, the battery life is similar to or slightly worse than the Nexus 5.

I *really* wish they had just put a normal 1080p display on this. I feel like the G3 is the best in every other category, except that screen kills it.

I'm torn between keeping the G3, or trading it back in for either an HTC One M8 or a cheap used G2 and just waiting.

Also Black, 06/2014

Yep. Everything else about this phone is awesome, except that screen.

I get crazy standby times. This thing gets about double the standby time of my Nexus 5. Battery life is amazing -- until you turn the screen on.

I've never gotten more than 4-5 hours screen on time with the G3, and that's at 30-60% brightness. Basically, if the screen is on, the battery life is similar to or slightly worse than the Nexus 5.

I *really* wish they had just put a normal 1080p display on this. I feel like the G3 is the best in every other category, except that screen kills it.

I'm torn between keeping the G3, or trading it back in for either an HTC One M8 or a cheap used G2 and just waiting.

I love the screen honestly, I just don't like what the screen does to the battery. That said, having a second battery is a must and will eliminate all of my grips (minus the weird stutter and hesitation I'm seeing while scrolling in certain apps)

Which color did you all choose? I want the Shine Gold, but Amazon will not have it for 2 to 4 weeks compared to 2-day delivery on the Metallic Black.

Shine gold and it's awesome. Great looking device.

Shine Gold here as well (see my avatar), and I love it. It's beautiful.

• Like 2

How are you guys determining your G3's birth date?

It's printed on the sticker, on the side of the original box.

Above the MEID and ICC barcodes, you should see a label that reads something like "Manufactured: 06/2014"

• Like 4

I love the screen honestly, I just don't like what the screen does to the battery. That said, having a second battery is a must and will eliminate all of my grips (minus the weird stutter and hesitation I'm seeing while scrolling in certain apps)

Still setting up mine. Screen on for a little over 2 hours. Battery started at 50%, almost dead. Will see how it does tomorrow with normal usage.

uploadfromtaptalk1405396873272.jpg

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 2

:tu: Congratulations to all the new G3 owners. I'm on Sprint's traditional plans so my next upgrade won't be till 1st Dec 2014 and who knows by then maybe LG (S. Korea) will decide to bring the G3 wtih the 805 Qualcomm Snapdragon processor over to the states by then. :lol:

Wishful thinking I know but in any case I'll have it by then for the holidays. :hah: