LuisBOSS302

We are sorry that our country's unduly profit focused broadband Internet providers have failed you. Trust me, we have criticized that dysfunctional system time and time again. However, we do not support discussion of illicit tethering -- particularly as a home broadband replacement. It is abuse of "unlimited" data and hampers the mobile experience.

So, are you prepared to pay for and live within a tiered tethering data plan?

Just FYI...

AJ

You know what they say when you assume........

sent from an underwater dust storm with my Sprint S5

• Like 1

Folks I got mine yesterday and no wi-fi calling either in the apps menu or the settings.  Can anyone who has one confirm that they DO have these things?  It's even mentioned in the menu.  I'm thinking maybe a firmware discrepancy, but before I start digging deeper I'd like to confirm that anyone who has a G3 in front of them now has wi-fi calling.  Thanks!

I don't think it's worth trading the M8 for, from what I read both are excellent phones. 

Coming from the Nexus 5, it seems the G3 might scan for LTE more often, I seem to jump from 3G to LTE a bit more frequently than the Nexus 5 did.  I've done some tests with the Nexus 5 by forcing it to 3G, and enable LTE.   It took a full 8 minutes to switch to the LTE band.   I'll try to duplicate this test on the G3.

• Like 1

What's the word on wireless charging?

US version didn't get wireless charging capability:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-G3-Wireless-Charger-WCD-100-hands-on_id57967

That's exactly why I can't get this phone unfortunately as that is a big deal to me. ????I understand you can get a case to add the capability but I'm specific about how my case looks and most don't cut it.

When attempting to enable WiFi Calling, I repeatedly get the message "Network Error, Please Try Again" after accepting the limitations (911), provide my electronic signature, etc.  I click Next and the Network Error message comes up.  Makes me wonder... Is it Sprint or something with my router configuration?  Is anyone else experiencing problems enabling WiFi calling today?

Would existing VoIP services conflict?  I have two VoIP providers and their corresponding Telephone Adapters set up for home phone service.  Google Voice (Still works!) with an ObiTalk device and the other is a Linksys PAP2 with service from VoIPo.

EDIT: see follow-up below: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6006-lg-g3/?p=337764

That's exactly why I can't get this phone unfortunately as that is a big deal to me. I understand you can get a case to add the capability but I'm specific about how my case looks and most don't cut it.

I'm hopeful that 3rd Party battery covers come out with Qi charging.  I have a bunch of Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging pads between my house and my GF's house for our Nexus 5/7 devices.

You know what they say when you assume........

I did not assume.  I made a logical inference.  He has satellite broadband for his house.  He dislikes satellite broadband and wants to use LTE instead.  Put two and two together.

AJ

• Like 1

Get them to re provision your Wi-Fi calling

Thanks.  Luckily, I was able to take care of it on my own.  My account on Sprint.com shows "VWDOM0 - Domestic Voice Over WiFi Unl - $0.00."  I fixed it by re-provisioning my G3.  Maybe this will help others...

Before beginning, turn WiFi calling and WiFi off, then opened the dialer and enter: ##72786# - Your G3 will go through the motions and reboot.

When my G3 came back up, it updated some things. PRL for one, and rebooted again.  Once it came back up WiFi calling worked. :)

Thanks for the info everyone. jonathanm78 or someone who has wifi calling, can you post your build version (software version) on your phone? Wifi calling was a big part of the reason I upgraded, so this is pretty upsetting.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

That's exactly why I can't get this phone unfortunately as that is a big deal to me. I understand you can get a case to add the capability but I'm specific about how my case looks and most don't cut it.

It looks like you just need a new back cover for wifi charging.  They are probably expensive at the moment, but I expect they will get cheap in a few months.   

I had the nexus 5, the official google wireless charger as well as the tylt.  I stopped using all of them and went back to the USB cable. ? Why ?  Wireless charging was so much slower, found it easier to just plug the phone in and get it charged up quick.

Thanks jonathanm1978.  It's a relief to know the phone actually supports it but extremely frustrating the I'm running the exact same build and it's like someone went in with a scalpel and excised the Wi-fi calling app and menu.  Guess it's time to contact Sprint Customer Care -- This isn't going to be fun.  :(

According to Forbes it does come with wireless charging. Article as of 11 July 2014....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2014/07/11/lg-g3-review-the-perfect-smartphone/

Edited by Maverick

According to Forbes it does come with wireless charging. Article as of 11 July 2014....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2014/07/11/lg-g3-review-the-perfect-smartphone/

Probably reviewing the Korean model which has wireless charging.  As others have stated, the US version does not come with wireless charging enabled.  You'll have to buy a replacement back cover or a case to enable it.

so im going to assume we will need to call sprint to get the msl number?

I did, just make sure you say your are an app developer and need to get into some system files to be able to develop some apps.

Thanks jonathanm1978.  It's a relief to know the phone actually supports it but extremely frustrating the I'm running the exact same build and it's like someone went in with a scalpel and excised the Wi-fi calling app and menu.  Guess it's time to contact Sprint Customer Care -- This isn't going to be fun.  :(

I'm not sure why it would be missing.

That's definitely an odd thing.

Of those using it, I've noticed that between the GS5, and my G3 the past 2 days...wifi calling sounds MUCH, MUCH better.

Is the chip in the g3 better than the 8974 thats in the s5?