LuisBOSS302

Hello all. Has anyone had any experience with the GPS on the g3? I have not seen anything good or bad at this point.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It works perfectly. They obviously fixed the GPS issues coming from the G2. Not a single problem so far.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It works perfectly. They obviously fixed the GPS issues coming from the G2. Not a single problem so far.

Thanks! Been thinking about picking the g3 up and passing my g2 to my husband (I did get one that has decent GPS luckily).

• Like 1

Unlike the G2, the G3 doesn't have prongs on the case back for GPS antenna. This is likely due to the wireless charging and being able to change backs at will...so the GPS antenna was moved. I have used the GPS, and actually it seems to lock on much quicker than my S5 did, but i only used the S5 a handful of times for GPS navigation.

I'll be using the LG G3 navigation/GPS to take us to Atlanta aquarium on Saturday. But I've used it already and it's pretty darn accurate.

I'm trying to figure out the ability of the G3 and just confusing myself...but maybe someone can just chime in with a yes if I'm correct on this...the G3 can do data on 800, 1900 (obviously) and 2600..and voice on 800 and 1900...?? Am I correct??

I was trying to look at Atlanta maps and get a feel for what I'll be able to use while there...I-20 all the way.

• Like 1

Unlike the G2, the G3 doesn't have prongs on the case back for GPS antenna. This is likely due to the wireless charging and being able to change backs at will...so the GPS antenna was moved. I have used the GPS, and actually it seems to lock on much quicker than my S5 did, but i only used the S5 a handful of times for GPS navigation.

I'll be using the LG G3 navigation/GPS to take us to Atlanta aquarium on Saturday. But I've used it already and it's pretty darn accurate.

I'm trying to figure out the ability of the G3 and just confusing myself...but maybe someone can just chime in with a yes if I'm correct on this...the G3 can do data on 800, 1900 (obviously) and 2600..and voice on 800 and 1900...?? Am I correct??

I was trying to look at Atlanta maps and get a feel for what I'll be able to use while there...I-20 all the way.

Yes on the data/voice stuff. [emoji106]

• Like 1

Here's some photos -- or link to dropbox so the thread doesn't get filled up with images -- of what I've done with the G3 Camera...

The photos are taken with default settings (W10M 4160x2340 versus 13M 4160x3120), mode "Auto", flash "Auto".  I'm sure if I tinkered with it, they could be better, but I think the hummingbird and detail on the moth are both fantastic. To capture a hummingbird in flight and still focus the head and body is quite amazing shutter speed...usually, if the wings are blurred, the parts of the body close to it will be also as the shutter can't focus the image...not without some amazingly fast speed settings on the shutter and aperture....

The moth was on my porch where a light stays on all the time..24/7. It's the actual size of a baseball or slightly bigger..

The hummingbird was just outside my bedroom window. The zoom isn't that far in on either of the pics, as I was pretty close to the subject.

(the hummingbird was captured in the last 2 shots because I held the "button" down...and it just started snapping. Three pics in a row, really fast. I didn't focus the last two photos of the bird in, as it just snapped them too quickly)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/70evty52e7jzuje/AADCYUHtD9ihQaxWDqEfuGp7a

• Like 1

Anyone feel like the G3 is too big? Personally from what I have seen of the phone, I love the specs and the UI is very much improved. Just don't know if I could deal with the size.

I manage to use the g3 comfortably with one hand. To me, it's just the right fit for my hands.
  • Like 2

Anyone feel like the G3 is too big? Personally from what I have seen of the phone, I love the specs and the UI is very much improved.  Just don't know if I could deal with the size.

Yes. One of the main reasons I wouldn't get it. I have average sized hands, but I don't think I could adjust to using that with one hand. 

• Like 1

Anyone feel like the G3 is too big? Personally from what I have seen of the phone, I love the specs and the UI is very much improved. Just don't know if I could deal with the size.

Almost. If the screen was any larger it would be too much, but I can still user it comfortably with one hand.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 3

While the screen is big, then phone itself isn't really that big. Its about as big as the HTC One M8, yet with a much larger screen. It's because LG was smart and took the screen edge-to-edge with hardly any bezel.

I can use the phone with one hand with relative ease, but I have large bassist-hands. My wife can use it easily too, and she has tiny hands, FWIW.

• Like 2

This phone is not much bigger than my S3 was with a very slim fit case on it. Maybe 2cm. Amazing job of fitting huge screen in small body. Just go hold one. And for as smooth as it is it is amazingly easy to keep a great grip on. This is an amazing handset. If I had to chose on being stuck on TW or LG stock, LG wins hands down.

Sent from my LGLS990

Anyone feel like the G3 is too big? Personally from what I have seen of the phone, I love the specs and the UI is very much improved.  Just don't know if I could deal with the size.

Not at all.  I came from the LG G2, and it's pretty much the same size but slightly wider.  The HTC One M8 is taller/longer but narrower.

What issues? Mine has frozen hard twice requiring battery removal to reboot

battery draining issues (massive, like 2% every minute, screen acting all weird, and 80%  time no signal  

I have small hands and enjoy it.

The "sharpeness" of the edges and low weight make the LG G3 much more manageable than I anticipated.

• Like 1

I have small hands and enjoy it.

Do you run carnival rides?  Austin Powers fears you.

AJ

• Like 3

How is the RF performance for CDMA/3G/LTE between the G2 and G3?  The G2 RF performance wasn't as great as I thought it would be compared to the N5.  Was hoping LG would design the G3 to be more on par with the N5.  Anyone have any experience doing a side by side comparison?

How is the RF performance for CDMA/3G/LTE between the G2 and G3?  The G2 RF performance wasn't as great as I thought it would be compared to the N5.  Was hoping LG would design the G3 to be more on par with the N5.  Anyone have any experience doing a side by side comparison?

having had the lg g2, the lg g3 seems about the same as the g2 (at least in my apartment ) (within 1-2dBm )

Absolutely not. I'd take a 6.5" please.

Nope. If anything, it is almost too small for me. Then again, I came from the Note 2. I like how LG packed the same size display into a smaller form factor, but any smaller, and I might drop the damn thing.  :unsure:

That said, it's a great device, and I am loving the sleekness of the thin bezel. Definitely worth a trip to your local Sprint store to check it out. :tu:

• Like 2

Absolutely not. I'd take a 6.5" please.

Good lawd. That's a tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If done with a thin bezel like the G3, I may get on board with a 6.5" display device. However, any larger than that is a bit excessive for a phone...

11410662-tablet-phone-ad-002.jpg

If done with a thin bezel like the G3, I may get on board with a 6.5" display device. However, any larger than that is a bit excessive for a phone...

http://stadt-bremerhaven.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mega-vs-iPad-Mini.jpg

6.6 inches on the mega...I could never use a phone that big.

http://stadt-bremerhaven.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mega-vs-iPad-Mini.jpg

6.6 inches on the mega...I could never use a phone that big.

Yeah, the Mega is about where I draw the line, personally...maybe even too large.