LuisBOSS302

Is it normal for a B41 connection to show up as a B25 connection in Signal Check Pro and LTE Discovery? My LG3 is reporting a B25 connection from both of the above mentioned apps, but when I go into the engineering screen, it clearly says B41. If this isn't normal, I will take it up with the devs. Just curious if anybody else has seen this before.

5y6enety.jpg

egasanet.jpg

4ypebe2y.jpg

yvajuqe3.jpg

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Is it normal for a B41 connection to show up as a B25 connection in Signal Check Pro and LTE Discovery? My LG3 is reporting a B25 connection from both of the above mentioned apps, but when I go into the engineering screen, it clearly says B41. If this isn't normal, I will take it up with the devs. Just curious if anybody else has seen this before.

5y6enety.jpg

egasanet.jpg

4ypebe2y.jpg

yvajuqe3.jpg

It could be an actual Sprint band 41 site. I read on a different post that sprint band 41 sites are not communicating properly with signal check.

• Like 2

Is the best buy $50 gift card over? If it's not I'm going to get this over the s5

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

One should be going on still, till like the end of the year. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mobile-phones-promotions/gift-card-reserve-offer-details/pcmcat293000050015.c?id=pcmcat293000050015

It could be an actual Sprint band 41 site. I read on a different post that sprint band 41 sites are not communicating properly with signal check.

I'll have to ride by the site and see if I can spy any 8t8r equipment on the site. It is a co-located Clearwire/Sprint site if my location reporting is to be trusted. I'm about 500 yards from the site.

I'll have to ride by the site and see if I can spy any 8t8r equipment on the site. It is a co-located Clearwire/Sprint site if my location reporting is to be trusted. I'm about 500 yards from the site.

Hopefully it is!

LTE doesn't broadcast location. But if you get greater than a -80dBm you can figure you are pretty close to the site.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

Sprint B41 broadcasts the Sprint PLMN. Clear B41 broadcasts a different PLMN, which is how we were able to differentiate B41 in the past. With B41 on the Sprint PLMN, there's not a good way to identify it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Sprint B41 broadcasts the Sprint PLMN. Clear B41 broadcasts a different PLMN, which is how we were able to differentiate B41 in the past. With B41 on the Sprint PLMN, there's not a good way to identify it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Not to derail this G3 topic, but the engineering screen is showing a PLMN for the site in question as 311870. This is Clearwire B41, correct? Thanks for the help.

I'm thinking this is a G3 reporting issue as LTE discovery and Signal Check Pro are both showing a PLMN of 310120 and the connection as B25.

Not to derail this G3 topic, but the engineering screen is showing a PLMN for the site in question as 311870. This is Clearwire B41, correct? Thanks for the help.

I'm thinking this is a G3 reporting issue as LTE discovery and Signal Check Pro are both showing a PLMN of 310120 and the connection as B25.

Yeah that sounds like an issue with the G3 improperly reporting something. Make sure to send a bug report to Mike and/or LTE discovery so hopefully they can see what's the issue is.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

LTE doesn't broadcast location. But if you get greater than a -80dBm you can figure you are pretty close to the site.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Dave,

Is this why my G3 does not show coordinates any longer in Signal Check Pro?

Compared my g3 to a friends one m8,  he was getting -10 to -6 better signal  on LTE then i was :( we were about the same for 3g signal. My G3 grabs onto 3g for dear life, were i used to have 4g on my note 2 I get a real strong 3g signal.. I'm on band 26 as well, not to impressed with my download speeds compared to my note 2 I was getting 12-15mb download were i'm getting 3-5mb download same spot in my office at work.

• Like 1

Has anybody experienced any studdering and hesitation when moving from screen to screen or scrolling in apps like a browser or Tapatalk? It doesn't do it all if the time, but I have experienced it. Maybe I'm just use to iOS in this regard.

Edit: Tapatalk hesitates pretty badly when scrolling through forum posts. I don't have many apps running and have restarted the phone several times.

Compared my g3 to a friends one m8,  he was getting -10 to -6 better signal  on LTE then i was :( we were about the same for 3g signal. My G3 grabs onto 3g for dear life, were i used to have 4g on my note 2 I get a real strong 3g signal.. I'm on band 26 as well, not to impressed with my download speeds compared to my note 2 I was getting 12-15mb download were i'm getting 3-5mb download same spot in my office at work.

Similar situation here, but on B25.  I am not happy with my G3 at this point.  I guess I was spoiled by my Nexus 5.  Have you noticed your signal levels bouncing like crazy?  At home, where I look out the window and see the tower, I used to get B25 LTE @ -78 to -85 on my Nexus 5.  Now I get -89 to -101.  It is constantly bouncing high to low, low to high.  Perhaps it is jumping between sectors, but my Nexus 5 wouldn't do it as often.

I'm wondering if my G3 is defective :(

Has anybody experienced any studdering and hesitation when moving from screen to screen or scrolling in apps like a browser or Tapatalk? It doesn't do it all if the time, but I have experienced it. Maybe I'm just use to iOS in this regard.

Yes, this happens to me regularly.

I like the G3 (and I'll probably keep mine), but I get the impression that the screen was a mistake. I really with they had just put a nice, bright, contrasty, clear 1080p display on it instead of the dark, dull, 2k display in there now.

When on a phone call, Is anyone hearing a dull noise or buzzing in the earpiece that stops when you start speaking?  It almost sounds like RF interference of some kind.  This happens on 1X and 1X800.

Similar situation here, but on B25. I am not happy with my G3 at this point. I guess I was spoiled by my Nexus 5. Have you noticed your signal levels bouncing like crazy? At home, where I look out the window and see the tower, I used to get B25 LTE @ -78 to -85 on my Nexus 5. Now I get -89 to -101. It is constantly bouncing high to low, low to high. Perhaps it is jumping between sectors, but my Nexus 5 wouldn't do it as often.

I'm wondering if my G3 is defective :(

My G3 is a RF beast and never fluctuates the way you're describing unless I'm bouncing between towers, sectors or bands. Very solid performer. My speeds are also usually faster than our iPhone 5 and 5/c as is measured RF.

• Like 1

My G3 is *reporting* lower numbers than my Nexus 5 (in SignalCheck, the About page, etc).

But my G3 is actually getting faster data speeds, and holding on to service better, than my Nexus 5 is.

Not much better. But slightly better reception.

• Like 2

My G3 is *reporting* lower numbers than my Nexus 5 (in SignalCheck, the About page, etc).

But my G3 is actually getting faster data speeds, and holding on to service better, than my Nexus 5 is.

Not much better. But slightly better reception.

mine was june build , black. Whats yours?

Which color did you all choose? I want the Shine Gold, but Amazon will not have it for 2 to 4 weeks compared to 2-day delivery on the Metallic Black.

Shine gold and it's awesome. Great looking device.

• Like 1