LuisBOSS302

I could use some advice.

We switched to Framily on Monday, July 7.

It does not go into effect until my next billing cycle, August 4.

I *think* I can still upgrade to the G3 via Best Buy.

$99

minus $50 best buy freedom upgrade gift card

minus $50 best buy gift card

Out the door with paying sales tax.

or

599.99 from Sprint

minus $150 American Express gift card (rebate)

I'm going to pay off the device in full once we get our first Framily bill.

Which deal is better?

If I purchase through Best Buy, am I paying Best Buy's full cost of device or Sprint's full cost of device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The manager of the Mobile Department at the Hickory, NC Best Buy told me that it is one or the other on the current, active promotion of a $50 Gift Card OR you can use your already registered $50 Phone Freedom, but not both.  They are not able to "Double-Dip" on the discounts.  Essentially, they are giving the $50 Phone Freedom to anyone who upgrades through store closing tomorrow.  All of the rest of us who signed up for Phone Freedom can still get the $50 Gift Card applied instantly until December 31st.

Mine was $56.99 out the door this morning.  I haven't played with my G3 at all just yet, but I'm about to! :)

• Like 1

Any comments on cellular connectivity or is it too soon to judge?[/quote

Too soon i havent gone anywhere but my apartment and the grocery store.

But i am carrying both the g2 and g3 for the next few weeks so ill get to compare them head to head.

Well feel free, VERY free to post Signal Check comparisons.  With both devices in hand, they will be very telling, for better or worse. :)

Thanks! 

• Like 3

I could use some advice.

We switched to Framily on Monday, July 7.

It does not go into effect until my next billing cycle, August 4.

I *think* I can still upgrade to the G3 via Best Buy.

$99

minus $50 best buy freedom upgrade gift card

minus $50 best buy gift card

Out the door with paying sales tax.

or

599.99 from Sprint

minus $150 American Express gift card (rebate)

I'm going to pay off the device in full once we get our first Framily bill.

Which deal is better?

If I purchase through Best Buy, am I paying Best Buy's full cost of device or Sprint's full cost of device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That really depends on how much your per line charges (for all lines) are going to be on Framily vs what you were paying.  You don't want to use that upgrade now and the have it roll to Framily because they may ding you with the $15 month charge for the next 12 (if you do Unlimited data) or 24 months because you used the subsidized device discount but also have the "discounted" service costs. As a Framily with 8 devices, I am saving quite a bit a month so it wouldn't make sense for me but that's just me.... :)

With the way things get turned around in the Sprint system, I would advise just staying put but if the numbers work out in your favor, get to a store and get things sorted quickly because it probably won't be "sorted" the first time you go to do it. 

• Like 1

Well feel free, VERY free to post Signal Check comparisons. With both devices in hand, they will be very telling, for better or worse. :)

Thanks!

Just a few minutes ago with phones side by side. B25 , i get fringe B26 at home so i can compare it tonight.

G2

rehyjyva.jpg

G3

2ydege7e.jpg

• Like 8

Looks like it's time for a Users thread no?

No, this thread is still of manageable length.  And the interest in LG handsets just is not as great as that for Samsung, HTC, and Nexus handsets, so the thread will probably remain of manageable length.  Thus, for at least the time being, this will continue to be both the preview and users thread.

AJ

• Like 1

Just a few minutes ago with phones side by side. B25 , i get fringe B26 at home so i can compare it tonight.

So that puts the g3 at right about the same rf performance as the n5 with the newest radio(4.4.4). That's a sign of good things coming!

• Like 1

So that puts the g3 at right about the same rf performance as the n5 with the newest radio(4.4.4). That's a sign of good things coming!

It doesn't matter much about signal thresholds in strong signal areas, what's important is the edge of signal performance.

• Like 1

One of you fresh new G3 owners need to find a galaxy S5 and compare some side by side dBms, pretty please.  Are there any retail employees on this thread? 

Also, does the G3 read only 1 bar at -100dBm RSRP and lower (-105, -110) when connected to LTE?  I know the bars don't matter and the signals are plenty strong, blah, blah, blah, just curious for joe schmo customer who just thinks their "reception sux because they ain't got no signals"

It doesn't matter much about signal thresholds in strong signal areas, what's important is the edge of signal performance.

Well I just left my sprint store and for the 20 minutes I played with g3, it was about the same as my m8 when it came to lte(which really isn't a bad thing) but my nexus was still number one by about 5 to 7dbm on average.

• Like 3

Well I just left my sprint store and for the 20 minutes I played with g3, it was about the same as my m8 when it came to lte(which really isn't a bad thing) but my nexus was still number one by about 5 to 7dbm on average.

.15 radio I assume?  Nothing can really beat that performance.  I don't know what Google did that Baseband version, but they need to share their secrets!

.15 radio I assume?  Nothing can really beat that performance.  I don't know what Google did that Baseband version, but they need to share their secrets!

Actually I am currently running the .17 radio but regardless it really is amazing how the nexus performs on the network.

Actually I am currently running the .17 radio but regardless it really is amazing how the nexus performs on the network.

Ahh that makes sense.  With the newer radios, the N5 is about equal to the G2. 

The .17 radio gives me better coverage on B25 than the newest radio does on B26.  <_<

Apparently i was standing in a bad spot when i compared the g2 to g3, cuz when i did the S5 all the phones had better signal,

G3

Image Removed

GS5

Image Removed

G2

Image Removed

Thanks for sharing those! I was just gonna post that it would be cool to see your speeds in Sensorly. [emoji4]

e6uzahu5.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

For anyone who wants a free LG G3 you can enter here: http://hardware-360.com/lg-g3-new-smartphone-giveaway/. They're giving away three for the carrier of your choice. You have to have a twitter(which is gay), but for a free G3 I made one lol!

• Like 1

LG is also giving away 75 G3s if you comment on MKBHD's video on YouTube. Don't have the link handy at the moment. You all seem like the industrious types that can search.

sent from an underwater dust storm with my Sprint S5

LG is also giving away 75 G3s if you comment on MKBHD's video on YouTube. Don't have the link handy at the moment. You all seem like the industrious types that can search.

• Like 1

just watched his YouTube channel and I think he mentioned is to Korean model which is fine because I'll just sell it anyway! That way I can use those funds to them pay for the Sprint model

just watched his YouTube channel and I think he mentioned is to Korean model which is fine because I'll just sell it anyway! That way I can use those funds to them pay for the Sprint model

The Korean model is what he reviewed.  They are giving away models/carriers of your choice, I believe.

The Korean model is what he reviewed.  They are giving away models/carriers of your choice, I believe.

watch the video past the 2 minute mark. He explicitly states that LG is giving away 75 of Korean models such as the one he reviewed in this video I hope that he is incorrect with his information but that's where he clearly states as being the case!

I'm curious to see real world battery life on this phone. That's the one this that was great about the G2.

sequ2ava.jpg

This i light usage, i have everything syncing but im still using a G2 on my personal line. I spent about 30 mins surfing the web and on tapatalk. Also i did 6 speed test and 2 phone calls.

• Like 1