LuisBOSS302

I love the screen honestly, I just don't like what the screen does to the battery. That said, having a second battery is a must and will eliminate all of my grips (minus the weird stutter and hesitation I'm seeing while scrolling in certain apps)

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

I use Lux to precisely control screen brightness, it's always been MUCH better than built in. It *should help keep brightness right how you need/like it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Interesting. I'm a fairly heavy user and so far, my old iPhone 5 lasted longer by a lot. Maybe I should give it some time. Its possible that I have a faulty battery, but that's unlikely.

I've also noticed it takes forever to charge this phone.

Went from 4% to 80% in less than an hour. Seems reasonably fast to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

Went from 4% to 80% in less than an hour. Seems reasonably fast to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5

You sir, are unreasonable and....

ezabe6es.jpg

• Like 2

I'm going to hold on to my nexus 5. The G3 is a great and beautiful device but not being able to switch networks at will kills it. I'm waiting for the next nexus device.

Are you switching carriers at will?

Yes I am. I have a straight talk at sim and a $30 T-Mobile sim.

I bought the g3 but I'm keeping the nexus 5 as a backup and Europe travel phone. I used to switch out Sims for tmo as well but now the Sprint network has improved enough that its not worth the hassle and extra cost.
  • Like 2

Due to peer pressure, I have opened a new account, joined a Framily, and ordered an LG G3 (Shine Gold) direct from Sprint.com using Easy Pay.

Hopefully, everything works out so that I get the $150 gift card promotion and $150 line transfer credit. :sunny:

• Like 3

I use Lux to precisely control screen brightness, it's always been MUCH better than built in. It *should help keep brightness right how you need/like it.

I downloaded it and will give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 1

Sprint at peak times can still be a hassle around here while tmobile is smooth sailing. Sprint hates me as my home site is completely legacy and probably wont have band 41 for years. While tmobile i get 40-65mpbs at my home at all times of the day. Sprint around my home outside is 1mbps unless band 26 kicks in then it is 3-7 which is fine. Overall though tmobile wins edge of cell speed wise. A 110 signal and I still pull 15+ speeds. I wonder if they have a 10x10 or 15x15 on my site. I max out at 65mbps at 3am.

I bought the g3 but I'm keeping the nexus 5 as a backup and Europe travel phone. I used to switch out Sims for tmo as well but now the Sprint network has improved enough that its not worth the hassle and extra cost.

Sprint at peak times can still be a hassle around here while tmobile is smooth sailing. Sprint hates me as my home site is completely legacy and probably wont have band 41 for years. While tmobile i get 40-65mpbs at my home at all times of the day. Sprint around my home outside is 1mbps unless band 26 kicks in then it is 3-7 which is fine. Overall though tmobile wins edge of cell speed wise. A 110 signal and I still pull 15+ speeds. I wonder if they have a 10x10 or 15x15 on my site. I max out at 65mbps at 3am.

Off topic, but honestly sounds like TMO is a better fit for you, currently. Not every carrier is the best everywhere. Some areas are better served by certain carriers. I know in Jax Metro, Sprint is slaying it and TMO is fast WHEN you can get a signal.

In regards to edge-of-cell coverage, on B41, I can pull down 20+mbps at -114dBm. That's impressive in my book.

• Like 2

Sprint has improved leaps and bounds around here its just T-Mobile wins on capacity when you get Sprint spark speeds. If my tower was upgraded it would be different. It would add much needed relief to sprint around here but back on topic.I forgot something does the G3 a sprint g watch?

Off topic, but honestly sounds like TMO is a better fit for you, currently. Not every carrier is the best everywhere. Some areas are better served by certain carriers. I know in Jax Metro, Sprint is slaying it and TMO is fast WHEN you can get a signal.

Sprint has improved leaps and bounds around here its just T-Mobile wins on capacity when you get Sprint spark speeds. If my tower was upgraded it would be different. It would add much needed relief to sprint around here but back on topic.I forgot something does the G3 a sprint g watch?

Just keep in mind, TMO might be winning the spectrum war in your town today, but it won't in the near future. Once B41 is lit up in your area, you'll see a huge difference in speeds, especially when they start adding additional B41 carriers AND you'll have better coverage from B26.

Ok, back on-topic.

If I based the carrier I use on the speeds I get at home, I'd have to go to Verizon.  :blink: 

Do you have WiFi? If so, your home tower shouldn't matter that much (though as some say it is nice to have LTE when you leave the house). What matters is the coverage where you are the rest of the day. If that also is bad, then you have an argument. (Also, Spark is likely coming sooner than you think).

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

If I based the carrier I use on the speeds I get at home, I'd have to go to Verizon.  :blink: 

Do you have WiFi? If so, your home tower shouldn't matter that much (though as some say it is nice to have LTE when you leave the house). What matters is the coverage where you are the rest of the day. If that also is bad, then you have an argument. (Also, Spark is likely coming sooner than you think).

Sent from my Nexus 5

"Network communication errors" is what I get when I am not on the very fringe b26 -117 dbm which barely has a data stream LOL. I am surprised it even switches over to that over my airave. Amazing

0 screen on time, 100% battery when i went to bed, woke up this morning to a dead phone.

Interesting. How has the battery held up today, since you recharged it? Did you, by chance, go into the battery menu and look at what killed it (I'm not sure if that resets after a restart from a dead battery)?

Interesting. How has the battery held up today, since you recharged it? Did you, by chance, go into the battery menu and look at what killed it (I'm not sure if that resets after a restart from a dead battery)?

still charging, battery menu was already reset by the time i got to it ( 5 seconds after booting up) .

Battery was draining fast yesterday though after i got it, but i thought it was just due to me syncing up email and apps.  (only have my email check once every few hours)

In my short drive test today, RF performance seems about on par with the Nexus 5 2.x.x.x.16 radio. It did hold onto those fringe signals just a bit better than .16, but did not come close to the .15 (it's likely nothing ever will).

Of course i have wifi. But when i do laundry or go to the closest store, my favorite auto repair shop or even the back yard i dont have wifi then. Ocala doesnt have many wifi hotspots. Its around me and Ocala is ranked 150th in the nation pop wise thats why I say it will be probably 2 years for band 41. I mean my home tower is in the last 5% in the whole jacksonville market still waiting on a upgrade.

If I based the carrier I use on the speeds I get at home, I'd have to go to Verizon. :blink:

Sent from my Nexus 5

0 screen on time, 100% battery when i went to bed, woke up this morning to a dead phone.

Hmm... Playing with phone in your sleep I see. I heard the G3 is supposed to be all that PLUS the bag of chips but man, this is bad. :)

Seriously though, grab GSam Battery monitor from Play Store and you can keep an eye on and record of battery stuffs without needing to be rooted.

Here is a look at mine which I just cleared data on yesterday to test some new kernel settings. It will keep tracking (look at bottom) over time and you can see what is going on, even after phone dies. Hopefully this isn't a wide spread or even reoccurring for you or anyone else.

5epasynu.jpg

• Like 2