LuisBOSS302

How can you guys tell if HD voice is active?

when you call someone in a hd voice market and have a hd voice phone while on a call with them you will get a "HD" icon over the phone icon while on a call

• Like 1

when you call someone in a hd voice market and have a hd voice phone while on a call with them you will get a "HD" icon over the phone icon while on a call

nymu5yga.jpg here you go. This was a phone call to my dad. He was on his s4. He was amazed
  • Like 2

here you go. This was a phone call to my dad. He was on his s4. He was amazed

is that on a WiFi call as well?

What am I'm looking for here? I don't see anything special?

Sent from my Nexus 5

The small HD in the upper left. Its orange colored.

Anyways check out this battery life. I have been pretty lightly using it but still....damn

eruqebyz.jpg

I'm shocked, SHOCKED it's out performing the Evo. ;)

I just got back from a Sprint Store. The G3 is super nice. As are most of the Sprint devices now. Also, it was weird to walk up to the device and see full bars... Yay B26!

• Like 4

The call log also shows which calls have had HD voice. Pretty neat.

th_IMG_20140712_210848_zpstvzm91uv.jpg

Loving this phone so far!

Edited by PDXmike
  • Like 6

How are you guys checking which band you're on? Signal check pro isn't/can't display that info and I can't access the engineering screen either.

I noticed that if you're on B25, Signal Check Pro doesn't show what band you're on. It will for B26 and B41.

Edit: ##debug# doesn't work for you? It works perfect on my G3.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I noticed that if you're on B25, Signal Check Pro doesn't show what band you're on. It will for B26 and B41.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

This. I was going to post about SCP only specifying the band for bands 26 and 41 but forgot. Thanks for mentioning that.

• Like 1

Probably reviewing the Korean model which has wireless charging.  As others have stated, the US version does not come with wireless charging enabled.  You'll have to buy a replacement back cover or a case to enable it.

Negative! That is not the Korean model in fact it's a Shiney Gold variant which Korean models aren't sporting. Also there is no antenna on it. Just take a real good look at the pics in the article. Now I know the US version is wireless capable and that there's an LG wireless charger which is all clearly shown in the article's pic but what you may have failed to realize is the device sporting the quick circle case from LG. This may in fact be the case that allow the wireless charging with the Qi Wireless Charger but make no mistake that the US version IS wireless capable.

Just upgraded to the G3 from the G2 yesterday.  Surprised that the phone isn't much bigger at all - about the same height as the G2 but just slightly wider.

Negative! That is not the Korean model in fact it's a Shiney Gold variant which Korean models aren't sporting. Also there is no antenna on it. Just take a real good look at the pics in the article. Now I know the US version is wireless capable and that there's an LG wireless charger which is all clearly shown in the article's pic but what you may have failed to realize is the device sporting the quick circle case from LG. This may in fact be the case that allow the wireless charging with the Qi Wireless Charger but make no mistake that the US version IS wireless capable.

I don't think anyone is arguing the US version is not capable of charging wirelessly.  It is just not capable of doing this out of the box.  It needs replacement back cover that is compatible with wireless charging.  The quick circle case replaces the back cover that comes with the phone and is compatible with wireless charging.

Quick circle cases and replacement back covers that are compatible with wireless charging are currently not that cheap.

There's a super deathgrip if you hold the phone landscape. LTE signal goes from -100 to -115.

Anyone else getting this?

Sent from my LGLS990

At -100 (and below) how many bars show up for you for your Sprint signal?

sent from an underwater dust storm with my Sprint S5

• Like 1

So I got to see LG g3 and the Sprint store today and it is a lot smaller than I had anticipated I put it side by side with my HTC One max and the max completely dwarfed it. I'm not a fan of the lightness to width personally. I'm sad I don't like it as much as I thought I would.

It's still an awesome phone, I also said that I wasn't getting it...but once I got the S5, and saw how slow some of the things were on it (mainly..the stinking CAMERA..)..I missed the days of my LG G2 and the amazing camera. Now, on my G3, when I click camera..it opens near instantly and is ready to shoot.

The S5 was at LEAST a 5 second delay or more for the camera to open and become "ready" to shoot.

• Like 1

I got the Amazon app working on my device. It's just not showing up on the playstore. Just made a purchase, too. Transferred my apps backup from the G2 to G3.

This device works very nicely but I'm hoping to get root soon. I need me my mods.

Sent from my LGLS990

I'm curious to know how you did this. I mentioned the Amazon app not working earlier, because it was one of the first apps I tried to launch after I got home with the G3...and I went to the play store via my desktop -- instead of downloading my apps to phone via the phone, I send them from desktop, much easier to get my apps back ...but the Amazon app said it wasn't compatible with my device. I figure they'll release a fix next week some time.