Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

A .03 bump is not going to change performance very much at all. You're seeing normal variation in signal.

I watched the number until it stabilized. 1.16 was steadily between -97 and -98 after sitting on my table untouched for about 2 minutes. .15 was at a steady -92 to -93 after 2 minutes. Same exact place. No environmental changes.

A .03 bump is not going to change performance very much at all. You're seeing normal variation in signal.

That doesn't make any sense. They could tweak one (or several) settings that could make a difference in radio performance from any version to any version. It doesn't have to be a X.0 release to change that.

Or, conversely, an X.0 release could do nothing for radio performance. 

• Like 1

Could mean nothing, but I kept a B26 signal in areas that on my way home from work with the .13 radio I dropped to 3G. 

I will do much more in depth comparisons tomorrow.  A storm rolled in so I cut my drive a little short. 

Also --- probably a placebo effect --- but I was noticing much better transitions to B26.  Numerous times lately my phone would go straight from B25 to 3G in areas with B26 active (no eCSFB issues here.  Very mature B25 and B26 area).  Never dropped to 3G on my ride throughout town just now.

• Like 2

Can someone get a good dbm comparison to 1.13?

Well I found it hangs on to the Fringe b26 signal better at my house, was at -120 and staying. Got 3Mbps on it. 

• Like 2

Well I found it hangs on to the Fringe b26 signal better at my house, was at -120 and staying. Got 3Mbps on it.

Good. One of the main problems with 1.13 was addressed.

I watched the number until it stabilized. 1.16 was steadily between -97 and -98 after sitting on my table untouched for about 2 minutes. .15 was at a steady -92 to -93 after 2 minutes. Same exact place. No environmental changes.

That doesn't make any sense. They could tweak one (or several) settings that could make a difference in radio performance from any version to any version. It doesn't have to be a X.0 release to change that.

Or, conversely, an X.0 release could do nothing for radio performance.

There are all kinds of factors that could affect signal, even in short time periods. It's been said before and I'll say it again: signal level is a poor method of comparing radios.

That said, the new radio definitely holds LTE better. I just drove a route where I usually dropped LTE and it was held the entire time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a question unrelated to the current chat. Ever since I got the Nexus 5 I have not received any of those emergency messages, even the test message. I have everything enabled. Anybody else? I always got them with the Evo 4G LTE. I know some people don't want them, but it would be nice to get them if you do.

I have a question unrelated to the current chat. Ever since I got the Nexus 5 I have not received any of those emergency messages, even the test message. I have everything enabled. Anybody else? I always got them with the Evo 4G LTE. I know some people don't want them, but it would be nice to get them if you do.

I was thinking about that recently. I haven't gotten a single one either. And I really need to. A few months ago, there was an Amber Alert that went out, and I only found out because people's phones around me were going off. I get called back to work when those kinds of things happen.

• Like 2

I do have debug options and test messages enabled, and I have indeed received test messages, but I've never received any legitimate ones. I think digiblur has though.

I was thinking about that recently. I haven't gotten a single one either. And I really need to. A few months ago, there was an Amber Alert that went out, and I only found out because people's phones around me were going off. I get called back to work when those kinds of things happen.

I've gotten all of them, in fact I had to turn off amber alerts because I am more interested in the weather alerts...weird.

Has anyone with B41 in their area tested out the new radio? I remember hearing that it was pretty weak on B41 compared to other Spark devices... I would be interested in hearing if the new radio helps at all with it.

posted a page or two back when it came out...

i figured.  What does it fix?  I have my camera open long before it say sorry camera had to close so i lost last picture i took.

I got a test alert within the last day, but I don't recall seeing anything else. I don't know if there just haven't been any around me or I'm not receiving them.

I have received amber alerts on my nexus 5

I've gotten all of them, in fact I had to turn off amber alerts because I am more interested in the weather alerts...weird.

I got a test alert within the last day, but I don't recall seeing anything else. I don't know if there just haven't been any around me or I'm not receiving them.

Weird.

What do you use as your texting app? Do you use Google Voice integration?

What do you use as your texting app? Do you use Google Voice integration?

I use hangouts, and also have full Google voice integration. When I got the test, it didn't appear to come up as SMS or anything I had seen before. My entire screen faded out showing only the wallpaper and a giant notification window. It certainly wasn't anything like my EVO had for alerts.