Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Did anybody's PRL change with that update last night? Mine didn't. 

My PRL tried to update after the forced profile update...  But it failed.  I manually updated it this morning for the fun of it.  I have the premier PRL saved on a TWRP backup so I can flash it whenever I need some useable roaming data.  :D

Mine did and completed. LTE is super weak now. At least for band25. Normally at home i got between 80-101, now it won't hold LTE.

P.S. I am in OC market so typically no issues other than coverage with b25 and b41 throughout my commutes.

Edited by HTCandroid

The interesting thing I have found out at least in my city is I moves you over based on signal and not capacity. There is a site by my house with a 93dbm signal down the road but something is seriously wrong with the sector. I has had unusable LTE since it came online a year ago but only one sector of the tower. Even at 2am the best it will do is 6mpbs. It has band 26 but even when speed test shows unusable speeds below around .15mbps it won't switch. This happens a lot. It seems to know when you go in a building because I lock into band 26 in most scenerios inside. But never based on capacity. In Orlando at Universal it was based on capacity. Then again only 3 towers in the city of Ocala have eCSFB issues resolved.

The network should move you over to B26 anyway if B25 is congested. Even if your device scans B25 first and starts you there. There will likely be a long period of network optimization settings that will constantly be in flux to find those sweet points.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Very strange about the forced update. I got it too, and my phone didn't want to reconnect to cellular at all without an Airplane Mode toggle. That said, I've noticed no difference since.

I've been having really bad issues with that as well, to the point of having to reboot for the phone to connect to 1x.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've been having really bad issues with that as well, to the point of having to reboot for the phone to connect to 1x.

How weird a day or two ago I would connect to EVDO and said the phone calls not available message. And switched to 1x only mode and nothing. Nothing short of a reboot fixed it.

prl/profile update or not, my nexus 5 is still far under-performing b26 & b41 connectivity side by side compared to my m8.

How weird a day or two ago I would connect to EVDO and said the phone calls not available message. And switched to 1x only mode and nothing. Nothing short of a reboot fixed it.

Mine is doing that too.

There is a new update being rolled out... KTU84P. Wonder if it'll have a new radio

I am hoping there is...  But I strongly doubt it includes a new modem. 

Well if they do it may be .1.15 my guess. The Google factory IMG page has no new update posted. Sprint may have jumped the gun again

It's definitely real this time. Samsung also released kernel source for the GS4 Google Play Edition, which only happens if there's an update imminent.

So what is this update supposed to fix? If there's not a new radio I'm either waiting for an ota(if there is one) or just going to put it off for awhile.