Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

My device out of the blue just lit up and did a profile update followed by a prl update. Never seen a profile update get initiated by the network like that before. Is it normal and I have just never seen it happen?

The exact same thing just happened to me. Force updated PRL and profile. We'll see if this changes anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It messed with my band priorities.

25-0

26-3

41-1

They were previously at 41-1 25-2 26-5.

And it put me in Global LTE/GSM/CDMA instead of LTE Reccomended LTE/CDMA.

Add me to the list. Maybe they fixed LTE scanning from 26 -> 3G instead of checking 25?

My band priorities are still the same at 25 -> 26 -> 41

Ooo very interesting it threw me to LTE/GSM/CDMA (auto).

Add me to the list. Maybe they fixed LTE scanning from 26 -> 3G instead of checking 25?

If they did, that would be huge.

Ooo very interesting it threw me to LTE/GSM/CDMA (auto).

Would any of those parameters be within the profile and not so much the radio software?

I think it was sent to everyone. Changed my priorities.

I did have:

B25: 0

B26: 1

B41: 1

Now they're all listed as 1 (under edit)

Under view its

B25: 0, B26:2, B41:1

Sent from my Nexus 5

That is the default values that came with the new .13 radio so i dont think any of that changed.

That is the default values that came with the new .13 radio so i dont think any of that changed.

My .13 radio has 25 at 1, 26 at 2 and 41 at 3. Under edit, every band is set to 1.

My .13 radio has 25 at 1, 26 at 2 and 41 at 3. Under edit, every band is set to 1.

Sorry, thats what i meant as the default values for .13.  The only radio that I saw that had a 0 for a value when viewing priority is the .15 radio.  That one used 0 1 2 versus 1 2 3 like the others.

Sorry, thats what i meant as the default values for .13. The only radio that I saw that had a 0 for a value when viewing priority is the .15 radio. That one used 0 1 2 versus 1 2 3 like the others.

I'm still on the .15 radio. The values did change for be. I had B25 set at 0, now its set to 1 under the edit menu.

Sent from my Nexus 5

They change my priorities on my LTE scan back to default too. I changed them back, needless to say.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

My device out of the blue just lit up and did a profile update followed by a prl update.  Never seen a profile update get initiated by the network like that before.  Is it normal and I have just never seen it happen?

Yep, I can corroborate that.  I was in the car and thought that I had initiated an update with some sort of accidental touchscreen mash.  But I caught it and hit cancel.

AJ

Add me to the list of folks who got the force-update. Looks like my phone isn't camping on B26 quite as much, though I did go in and re-prioritize LTE bands just now so that 26 is at the bottom where it should be...since the 4.4.3 upgrade I've been on B26 more often than not.

I also got the update and was on the gold old .15 radio.  I decided to put the new .13 radio back on to see if anything has changed as I will test it out by driving around later.  My band settings are the same as oldblue910 and it appears that my dBm reading are almost in par with the .15 radio, where before they were reading a lot higher.  It might be because I was adjusting my CPU setting with the Franco kernel at the same time, but I will have to go out and test this and see if it fixes where I would drop to 3G and stay there.  I am just hopeful that maybe this push was Sprint engineers saying they have fixed the issues we have been seeing with this new radio and their towers.

• Like 1

I canceled the update too. I can thank being on fringe 3g for giving me enough time to catch it. I'm going to wait for more observations/information before I initiate manually.