Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Was never prompted for an ota so used the custom recovery off xda linked aboved... Flash both radios to see the difference and completely stop picking up a tower I connect to in my room... Usually I get two sites and was picking up the weaker signal and completely dropped the other... Radio is definitely not good in the latest update switch backed to the original.... Interesting it took such a step back.

Was never prompted for an ota so used the custom recovery off xda linked aboved... Flash both radios to see the difference and completed stop picking up a tower I connect to in my room... Usually I get two sites and was picking up the weaker signal land completely dropped the other... Radio is definitely not good in the latest update switch backed to the original.... Interesting it took such a step back.

At least it is painless to flash the old radio and still enjoy the benefits of 4.4.1

• Like 2

At least it is painless to flash the old radio and still enjoy the benefits of 4.4.1

For sure.. But for people who don't tinker and get this update on top of the other issues won't be very happy... I pay for the torture of being an early adopter..tinkering keeps me engaged...

• Like 2

I'm with AJ. I don't do updates right away. I let the real nerds figure out what's wrong and how to fix it before I ruin a good phone for a camera improvement. Not that worth it to me to have the latest of everything.

Some of the Tech sites that I have been to say that bugs such the problem myself andothers had when answering a call was addressed. Android Police has a lsit of all the bugs and fixes that were addressed. I see everywhere on all carriers on XDA of people complaing of weaker RF signal.

My guess is as someone else mentioned that they scaled sensitivity back for LTE so that the phone could adjsut to other signals when calls and text came through.

My phone does not lod onto LTE as much as it did inside however it does locate that signal sometimes. Now it oparks on 3g, but I was able to answer a call when ity almost would not swipe at the last moment it swiped and answered. Time will tell if this is better or not I think, because the phone isn't cyling all the radios as much...1x LE 3g LTE 1x Lte nothing LTE 1x lol

I like the camera upgrade, but feel it needs a bit more polish, but its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than before. My text aren't delayed now so far;)....so I feel this radio may be better when the LTE signal is everywhere, but they probably should have left the strong signal and just changed the way it interfaced with the signal!

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 1

Some of the Tech sites that I have been to say that bugs such the problem myself andothers had when answering a call was addressed. Android Police has a lsit of all the bugs and fixes that were addressed. I see everywhere on all carriers on XDA of people complaing of weaker RF signal.

My guess is as someone else mentioned that they scaled sensitivity back for LTE so that the phone could adjsut to other signals when calls and text came through.

My phone does not lod onto LTE as much as it did inside however it does locate that signal sometimes. Now it oparks on 3g, but I was able to answer a call when ity almost would not swipe at the last moment it swiped and answered. Time will tell if this is better or not I think, because the phone isn't cyling all the radios as much...1x LE 3g LTE 1x Lte nothing LTE 1x lol

And why you quoted me for that... The world will never know..

And why you quoted me for that... The world will never know..

You're too smart for me....lol You said you would not do the upgrade for a camera fix upgrade, and my response was that some Tech sites report that it was more than just a camera fix in that upgrade. I went on to say there may have been a fix that adreesed the radio; which could be why people are claiming a radio bug....ect.ect.ect!

Then I ended with that time would tell if the aledged bug fixes are good or not....forgive my rant!

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

It all makes more sense now. I'm still not one to jump on the upgrade band wagon right away no matter what it is that gets fixed. They may fix the camera but break something else without even realizing it. I like to tinker with my phone but since I've become more dependent on my phone recently I prefer to just leave it as is.

It all makes more sense now. I'm still not one to jump on the upgrade band wagon right away no matter what it is that gets fixed. They may fix the camera but break something else without even realizing it. I like to tinker with my phone but since I've become more dependent on my phone recently I prefer to just leave it as is.

I guess the techno geek in me couldn't resist....I build all kinds of crazy state of the art Windows based PC's such as home controllers, media storage, and Home theatre streamers, gaming PC's and and was hooked from my very 1st build in 1995!

Last year I built a Windows 12 Server based Home Theater Media Server that has 20 hot swappable drive bays that hold up to 4 terabytes a drive bay. So far we have 2 drive 4 terabyte drive bays loaded with every Cd we have bought in the past catalogued and set up streaming to every 40-55 in LED tv in the home.

If upgrades come out I immediately get them. I just installed the new Google Play 4.50 upgrade from Android police the other day.lol

For me getting upgrades early and testing hem has been a challenge and so far a rewarding adventure 99% of the time.

I bet that Talon gets a little tinkering in your avatar.;)

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 3

I'm looking to get into computer building so I'm sure my level of tinkering will go up soon.

The talon was bought pre tinkered. Exhaust and suspension work and not much else but it was a fun car. I sold it before I emptied my pocketbooks anymore on it. Lol.

Huh... Just got an notification from Roam Control that they finally updated their app. Was hoping they would get around to adding Note 2 support, but instead added support for the Nexus 5. Can't wait to try it out. :tu:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

• Like 2

Huh... Just got an notification from Roam Control that they finally updated their app. Was hoping they would get around to adding Note 2 support, but instead added support for the Nexus 5. Can't wait to try it out. :tu:

WOW!  Totally made my morning with that one!  Been missing that app for a while.

EDIT: Works great! :) :) :)  Going to my brother-in-law's house for a good part of the day and this is just perfect.  He has a AT&T/VZW site nearby but even outside Sprint is only -103 on 1x if you hold your phone right.  Eats a hole through your battery.  It's one place I'm waiting for some 1x800 but sadly the site south of him will not get 1x800, but maybe the site north of him will.

• Like 2

I'm looking to get into computer building so I'm sure my level of tinkering will go up soon.

The talon was bought pre tinkered. Exhaust and suspension work and not much else but it was a fun car. I sold it before I emptied my pocketbooks anymore on it. Lol.

I built and tinkered with a Toyota Supra and it is tinkered to the tune of 700RWHP!rofl...I seem to have a tinker bug I guess! I have made 15-20lbs of boost in 1st ger with a GT4067r!

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

I built and tinkered with a Toyota Supra and it is tinkered to the tune of 700RWHP!rofl...I seem to have a tinker bug I guess! I have made 15-20lbs of boost in 1st ger with a GT4067r!

Jelly. Here I was, happy my little t25 would make 20 lbs just cuz I had a 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Lmao.

sweet thanks for the heads up.  had that app back in the Epic days and have missed it since my Photon Q.  Since my Nexus can not roam on US cellular for data at all..this makes up for it a bit.

Did you rollback to the old radio or did you keep the new one?

I'm on the old radio.  It's been 5.5 hours now and I am at 87%.... My usage has been light as I am at a developer event, but I can almost certainly say the battery life is much better. 

• Like 2

Has anyone seen any positive improvements in the 4.4.1 radios?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the new radio had had a very negative affect on my LTE speeds. I may need to find a way to flash the old radio.

Unfortunately the new radio had had a very negative affect on my LTE speeds. I may need to find a way to flash the old radio.

If you have a custom recovery installed such as TWRP it's easy. Reboot to recovery, tap install, tap the modem zip, reboot.

• Like 3

I just received my MSL number from Sprint. I enable Band 41 and band 26 what's the best way to connect a band 41 to see if its available?

Also does anyone noticed that when establishing a connection with all the bands enabled the phone freezes for a split second.