Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Since I updated to the newest Nexus update, SignalCheck no longer shows the address information for each tower i am connected to....at least I think it was the update that broke it.  can anyone else confirm?

Since I updated to the newest Nexus update, SignalCheck no longer shows the address information for each tower i am connected to....at least I think it was the update that broke it.  can anyone else confirm?

No, the update shouldn't have broken anything in the app.. working fine for me, had no problems after updating. The address is associated with the 1X connection, so if you are on LTE, you won't see it. Make sure you have mobile location services enabled in your device Settings, and "1X Base Station Geocoding" enabled in Preferences > General Settings.

-Mike

• Like 1

This is my last battery update... It's been 10.5 on battery and I am at 72% battery life. Anyone else see a big gain since getting the update?

No I haven't seen a gain but then again I've been using the crap out of my phone. Also I factory reset my phone yesterday so my stock ROM probably needs some time to settle. Being in a bad reception area all day didn't help either.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

With all this talk about the new radios messing up the reception, I think I may just end up with the GS4 mini. I'm not too thrilled with having to put the old radios into my phone just so things work better. :(

With all this talk about the new radios messing up the reception, I think I may just end up with the GS4 mini. I'm not too thrilled with having to put the old radios into my phone just so things work better. :(

I doubt it will last long.

That seems like a silly reason to go with a clearly inferior device.

edit, for what it is worth, while I have noticed somewhat 'different' radio behavior, I can not say its completely 'worse' than before, in my experience so far.

• Like 1

I sure hope not. I am planning to buy a new phone this weekend.

It's a great phone. And so easy to write whatever you want to it. After seeing how easy and open the device is and how Samsung is pushing devs out with that stupid Knox crap I would not be going to Samsung.

• Like 3

I sure hope not. I am planning to buy a new phone this weekend.

If you don't get the nexus you will be making a huge mistake. This is by far the best RF performing device out there. I used to think my wife's iPhone 5s was a beast until I purchased this device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's a great phone. And so easy to write whatever you want to it. After seeing how easy and open the device is and how Samsung is pushing devs out with that stupid Knox crap I would not be going to Samsung.

That seems like a silly reason to go with a clearly inferior device.

I still have 24 hours before I go to Sprint to get my new phone, so I may not fully throw out buying the Nexus 5. I just didn't really want to have to take the time to downgrade the radios just to make it work better. I sure hope that LG doesn't go the way of Samsung on the Nexus 5. <_<

I still have 24 hours before I go to Sprint to get my new phone, so I may not fully throw out buying the Nexus 5. I just didn't really want to have to take the time to downgrade the radios just to make it work better. I sure hope that LG doesn't go the way of Samsung on the Nexus 5. <_>

To each and their own. Takes a few minutes to do if you need to do it. Or just don't accept the update right now on until it is corrected. Simple.

The device won't go the way of Samsung since it is an open device.

To each and their own. Takes a few minutes to do if you need to do it. Or just don't accept the update right now on until it is corrected. Simple.

The device won't go the way of Samsung since it is an open device.

I meant the CDMA radio problems of the GNex.

I still have 24 hours before I go to Sprint to get my new phone, so I may not fully throw out buying the Nexus 5. I just didn't really want to have to take the time to downgrade the radios just to make it work better. I sure hope that LG doesn't go the way of Samsung on the Nexus 5. <_<

Look at it this way.

You don't even have the phone yet, the current radio can not possibly be a downgrade because you won't have experienced the old one in the first place.

And pretty guarenteed that the current radio, even if it is anecdotally 'worse' than the previous radio, it is still miles better than most other sprint phones out there, not even including the best reason to get a nexus is direct updates from google anyway.

Look at it this way.

You don't even have the phone yet, the current radio can not possibly be a downgrade because you won't have experienced the old one in the first place.

And pretty guarenteed that the current radio, even if it is anecdotally 'worse' than the previous radio, it is still miles better than most other sprint phones out there, not even including the best reason to get a nexus is direct updates from google anyway.

Ok. I think the three of you have convinced me to get the Nexus.

Enjoying the spigen neo hybrid case on it. Didn't think I would like it but the smaller size of this case and phone is growing on me. The speed and other features out weighs it all. Using roam control right now.. Feels like old times.

• Like 3

Ok. I think the three of you have convinced me to get the Nexus.

There may be valid reasons to not choose the nexus 5, but this update is not one of them.

• Like 1

Between the G2 and the N5, I am pretty sure that LG has proven that they can build a phone that can out-Galaxy a Galaxy phone.

• Like 3

The new radio may not be as sensitive to LTE inside my home like before, however; when I traveled about today outside it had no problems connecting to an LTE signal and stayed connected most everywhere  that I went. I still get that bug for swiping to answer a call where it freezes and needs to be rebooted!

So is KitKat a major or minor upgrade? 

compared to what?

to 4.3, probably minor but useful, its an evolutionary upgrade.

to anything earlier, I would say its a decently major upgrade

compared to what?

to 4.3, probably minor but useful, its an evolutionary upgrade.

to anything earlier, I would say its a decently major upgrade

I'm still on a Note 2 running Digiblur's rom 4.1.2

I pulled out a credit card twice when I had the Google N5 page up but put it away... 

Not a good sign, I usually cave in sooner or later once the card comes out once.

• Like 1

I'm still on a Note 2 running Digiblur's rom 4.1.2

I pulled out a credit card twice when I had the Google N5 page up but put it away... 

Not a good sign, I usually cave in sooner or later once the card comes out once.

Just do it, you certainly won't regret it.  I don't.

• Like 5

The new radio may not be as sensitive to LTE inside my home like before, however; when I traveled about today outside it had no problems connecting to an LTE signal and stayed connected most everywhere  that I went. I still get that bug for swiping to answer a call where it freezes and needs to be rebooted!

Was hoping the update would fix the swiping to answer issue, but sounds like not yet.  I returned the phone already, but am watching to see the fix come through before buying another one. 

Galaxy S4 Mini = mid range Android = Josh

;)

AJ

• Like 6