Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Galaxy S4 Mini = mid range Android = Josh

;)

AJ

I don't even consider the S4 Mini to be mid range. It is more like an LG Viper. The S4 and One are more the mid range whereas the G2/N5 and Note 3 are the high end. Once HTC comes out with the M8, though, I can see that as one insanely amazing phone. That is, if they ever work out that whole subpar rf performance thing they seem to be plagued with.

;)

AJ

Ok, ok. That right there convinced me. I'm getting the Nexus. Don't scare me with that phrase AJ. I remember what happened after 2 Vipers and 3 GNex'ii. I'm not going to let that happen again.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 5

Ok, ok. That right there convinced me. I'm getting the Nexus. Don't scare me with that phrase AJ. I remember what happened after 2 Vipers and 3 GNex'ii. I'm not going to let that happen again.

It's a great device. My favorite device so far.

• Like 5

Can the N5 be switched between Sprint and say , T-mobile and then back again as often as I want without having to change a bunch of phone settings? 

On a straight GSM phone this seems straight forward, but with Sprint CDMA settings, I wonder if it would get weird and have some drama getting it going on Sprint again? 

Can the N5 be switched between Sprint and say , T-mobile and then back again as often as I want without having to change a bunch of phone settings?

On a straight GSM phone this seems straight forward, but with Sprint CDMA settings, I wonder if it would get weird and have some drama getting it going on Sprint again?

I have changed between sprint and T-Mobile many times. No problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No drama, just a reboot.

-Mike

• Like 1

;)

AJ

LMAO!!!! I wish I had 10 more accounts so I can like your post 10 more times. LOL!!!

Thank you, stop with the mid level nonsense and go top of the line please. You can't, in no way, go wrong with the N5.
  • Like 2

Hello,

My upgrade with Sprint is on Feb 2nd. Based upon what you guys are reporting, the RF on the N5 is fantastic and for me this is the most important feature I want on a smartphone. Should I get the N5 when my upgrade comes...or wait for the so called Htc m8 which could launch around March?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Hello,My upgrade with Sprint is on Feb 2nd. Based upon what you guys are reporting, the RF on the N5 is fantastic and for me this is the most important feature I want on a smartphone. Should I get the N5 when my upgrade comes...or wait for the so called Htc m8 which could launch around March?Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Personally I will end up with an m8 no matter what but there is no way it will perform like the N5 when it comes to lte so if lte connection is your number one priority, then the n5 it is.

As much as I want to install the old modem, I can't bring myself to root this bad boy

I don't think root is needed.

I use too many root apps to not have root. The reset data airplane mode requirement is one huge reason.

• Like 1

LMAO!!!! I wish I had 10 more accounts so I can like your post 10 more times. LOL!!!

Thank you, stop with the mid level nonsense and go top of the line please. You can't, in no way, go wrong with the N5.

Josh is afraid that iOS might get jealous if he flirts with a high end Android handset, so he sticks with mid range Android handsets and tells Siri, "Don't worry, baby. They mean nothing to me."

AJ

• Like 9

Hello,My upgrade with Sprint is on Feb 2nd. Based upon what you guys are reporting, the RF on the N5 is fantastic and for me this is the most important feature I want on a smartphone. Should I get the N5 when my upgrade comes...or wait for the so called Htc m8 which could launch around March?Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

If rf performance is your most important feature, I would suggest that you cross anything HTC branded off of your list. They build a good phone and Sense is a polished overlay, but I have yet to hear anyone say their HTC picks up a strong signal. My G2 picks up LTE in places that my old Evo would roam on Verizon 1x. 'Nuff said.

• Like 2

Same, I remember when I bought my GSIII thinking it was the best device I have ever owned...The Nexus 5 its...its just so fast!

Did you try the new update on your phone with out the old radio driver ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If rf performance is your most important feature, I would suggest that you cross anything HTC branded off of your list. They build a good phone and Sense is a polished overlay, but I have yet to hear anyone say their HTC picks up a strong signal. My G2 picks up LTE in places that my old Evo would roam on Verizon 1x. 'Nuff said.

I must say that when it comes to 1x and 3g connectivity I never had any issues with HTC devices, my only concerns were with 4g signal levels. Also note that other carriers don't seem to have the same issues with their HTC devices compared to HTC devices on sprint.

I agree, when I had my Evo it would have the worst signal for LTE unless it was very close to a tower. Now with my Nexus 5, I'm able to hold a strong signal in areas where when I had the Evo, it would have a weak or fallback to enhanced 3G

Would anyone on here recommend me selling my iPhone 5S to get a Nexus 5 or LG G2? Or should I just keep the iPhone 5S? I like iOS 7, but I tend to get bored. Would I regret moving to the N5/G2? Also what's better out of the N5 and G2?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only person that can honestly answer that question is you. Just try them all out and decide for yourself.

• Like 1