Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Ugghh. I get no data when I am roaming (1xRTT).  Anyone know what the issue could be?  It is still the stock PRL since the PRL push wont stick.  In settings, the checkbox is enabled for data while roaming.  The only thing I get while roaming is voice.  At the time, I was in a US Cellular area that i have frequented a lot before with no issues.  I can get data if the phone stays on US cellular for voice and there is a sprint data connection around, the phone will use that for EVDO...but outside of that..nada.  The state of the data connection will simply stay on "Connecting..."

That's a very quick update.  

I've used the camera briefly and miss how quickly the Evo takes pictures, but otherwise I don't think the camera is poor or takes washed out pics out at all. 

cr4f.jpg

LOL, sample shots look promising, and speed is definitely improved! 

https://plus.google.com/112773496741623034196/posts/YW8sTPpVN8W

thank you for the information. still no 4.4.1 for me yet. I live in Detroit.

Google doesn't care where your phone is at or when it was activated. It's random. If you don't want to wait then load it yourself. It's easy and takes only a few minutes.

• Like 2

Where would I download it at? It is not up at the factory images for nexus yet.

The update is right here... 

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_hammerhead/7ed504f678cea49ecf0974e8cd956e2974e3f943.signed-hammerhead-KOT49E-from-KRT16M.7ed504f6.zip

flash it in your recovery and rock and roll.

• Like 2

Just sideloaded on all stock, unrooted N5. Very nice update. After it settled it really flies. Camera app is improved and faster, zoom available in HDR mode, speaker volume increased imo, new baseband and radio. Will test radio tomorrow. Overall I am impressed with this little update! Posted Image

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does anyone know why you cant send multiple page texts? Is there some kind of workaround or something? I could do this on my GS3 and even my old flip phone. Other than that I absolutely love this phone! Especially that LTE performance!

Does anyone know why you cant send multiple page texts? Is there some kind of workaround or something? I could do this on my GS3 and even my old flip phone. Other than that I absolutely love this phone! Especially that LTE performance!

It is apparently a Nexus 5 firmware imposed limitation with Sprint SIMs.  It does not affect other providers.

My suggestion is to deal with it.  SMS is Short Message Service.  It is not Long Message Service.  If you need greater than 160 characters, use good writing and logic to split the messages yourself.

Split then concatenated SMS are ridiculous.  So, I am glad that this unnecessary limitation exists.  It may cause people to wake up and use SMS more appropriately.

AJ

• Like 1

It is apparently a Nexus 5 firmware imposed limitation with Sprint SIMs. It does not affect other providers.

My suggestion is to deal with it. SMS is Short Message Service. It is not Long Message Service. If you need greater than 160 characters, use good writing and logic to split the messages yourself.

Split then concatenated SMS are ridiculous. So, I am glad that this unnecessary limitation exists. It may cause people to wake up and use SMS more appropriately.

AJ

Wife's stepmom needs this. She will send a 5000 word text message. It gets all split up and gets sent out of order, impossible to read. Im happy to see this.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Edited by flyer8493
  • Like 1

Guys, I need help. My Nexus 5 is unable to answer calls nor able to make them. 3G/4G Data is fine but whenever I place a call, I get a message saying "this feature code is unavailable" or something like that

Curious.  Are you using any custom roms, kernels, did you flash the latest update early?  Anything that may help us find a pattern for these occurrences or that could be a possible culprit?  (I'm assuming that this is a issue that developed recently).

Curious.  Are you using any custom roms, kernels, did you flash the latest update early?  Anything that may help us find a pattern for these occurrences or that could be a possible culprit?  (I'm assuming that this is a issue that developed recently).

I'm on the latest update. No custom kernels, Stock ROM. 

EDIT: did a factory reset and now I can make/receive calls again

• Like 2

I would recommend trying third party apps because in my experience the stock one is terrible. 

I did.. loving K-9 Mail so far! Took awhile to get it to play nice with one of my Exchange Server accounts, but finally got that straightened out. One strange thing I have noticed, on the Exchange account specifically, is that it does not load all of the messages in the inbox, despite my setting to download all. No matter what I try, messages from more than 2.5 months ago will not show up (there are less than 25 messages total in the account, so it's not a capacity issue). I know Exchange<->Android is historically buggy, but if anyone has any suggestions, my ears are open. It is working flawlessly otherwise.

-Mike

I'm on the latest update. No custom kernels, Stock ROM. 

EDIT: did a factory reset and now I can make/receive calls again

If it happens again, try a profile update, it is quicker and less of a hassle for you. That usually fixes issues that appear to be on the network side.

-Mike

I did.. loving K-9 Mail so far! Took awhile to get it to play nice with one of my Exchange Server accounts, but finally got that straightened out. One strange thing I have noticed, on the Exchange account specifically, is that it does not load all of the messages in the inbox, despite my setting to download all. No matter what I try, messages from more than 2.5 months ago will not show up (there are less than 25 messages total in the account, so it's not a capacity issue). I know Exchange<->Android is historically buggy, but if anyone has any suggestions, my ears are open. It is working flawlessly otherwise.

-Mike

I'm not sure but if your using exchange can't you use the Outlook app or is that only for hotmail/outlook?

EDIT: MailDroid says it supports Exchange, so maybe give that a try.

I'm not sure but if your using exchange can't you use the Outlook app or is that only for hotmail/outlook?

AFAIK, that's only for Outlook.com users, not private Exchange servers. I wouldn't want to be forced to use a separate app for one account either. I appreciate having all of my accounts consolidated into one view. The color indicators on K-9 Mail are awesome, very easy to tell which messages are from which accounts. After a half day of usage, I'm more impressed than I expected.

I just checked again, and suddenly all of the messages in the Inbox on that Exchange account are appearing. Not sure what changed along the way (4 hours ago they were not in there, and I set the account up 12+ hours ago), but I guess I just wasn't patient enough.

-Mike

• Like 1