Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Since Sprint and T-Mobile do not have roaming agreements with each other, you will have to swap SIMs.  The SIM in use will dictate which domestic network the handset uses.

AJ

is the sim only for LTE service or is this truly a portable system now?

For Sprint or T-Mobile?

AJ

Just an FYI for those that bought their Nexus 5 direct from Sprint.  I had submitted my rebate for a $50 Amex card right after I got it.  I had not herd anything and checked the status online.  It was showing declined.  I initiated a chat and the rep told me there was an error in the system and the Nexus had not been included in the rebate program for some reason.  She thought it had to do with it being a new phone.  I did recall that the Nexus 5 was not listed on the form they sent me with the phone but just assumed it was ok since it was a new phone.  She did a manual override and it now shows approved.  So if you are waiting on a rebate you might want to check on it. 

This is exactly why I hate Mail In Rebates.

https://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/track.html?INTNAV=ATG:FT:RebStatus

• Like 1

AJ,

I dont understand. How come those phones got the Spark update but not the N5? The n5 has the hardware so why the wait?

How come?!  Maybe Sprint and LG are beefin' now...

AJ

• Like 2

I dont understand. How come those phones got the Spark update but not the N5? The n5 has the hardware so why the wait?

Because when Sprint announced Spark back in October, they specifically said the N5 would not be Spark capable until it receives a software update in early 2014. The devices that are officially Spark-compatible right now were announced as being that way from the beginning.

-Mike

• Like 1

I do but I handle my investment account through my bank... So certain menus aren't available.... As I a side 4.4.1 when connected to 1x shows as 3G not 1x as before....

I would definitely raise an eyebrow about that if it was my bank. I'm not overly worried about security, but I would expect online banking capabilities to be up to current technology standards.

I am on 4.4.1 and 1X appears on the stock signal bars for me when appropriate.

-Mike

• Like 1

for GSM (tmo/att), all you need is the sim.

for sprint, you need the sim and to have it registered to your account just like any other sprint phone, but still its a step in the right direction.

for GSM (tmo/att), all you need is the sim.

for sprint, you need the sim and to have it registered to your account just like any other sprint phone, but still its a step in the right direction.

You can use the phone on Sprint without any SIM installed, you will just be unable to connect to LTE.

-Mike

Well it's really released by Google.  We've been talking about it for a few days now in the N5 thread.

• Like 1

yeah looks like a 2nd release is supposed to come out today or soon

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12/09/sprint-says-the-nexus-5-is-getting-an-update-to-kot49h-today-but-what-happened-to-kot49e/

assuming its not a typo on sprint's part

Update: Sprint's community moderator has told us that KOT49E was pulled:

The KOT49E was found to have an issue, hence it was pulled out and the latest version KOT49H is being rolled out.

perhaps the radio problems some are experiencing will get resolved